Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Cursed Exp - Main

Post by L0771 »

Update 0.4!!!!!!!!!
Is a big change, a loooot of functions modified, 10131 lines comented (something like 9500 lines modified), this update haven't a new entity, but with new formulas, i can work in the gate in the next updates.
I'm working in a new graphics for the wall (in my free time, i don't know nothing about 3d modeling how all can see)
I want anyone laughing about my wall :evil:
new wall
v0.4.0

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

varn wrote:Funny thing I just noticed: if you stand near the turret(if I am far from it I get no bow xp at all), and I have the bow equipped, but a different weapon selected I get no bow xp for the kills of the turret. Probably working around this in the code would be complicated so it's not why I'm writing this, just a bit of warning for those that farm bow xp with turrets.
I'll use triggers for this, i don't know how use this (Rseding91 monopolizes the knowledge :lol: ) but i'll learn from his mods :)

EDIT:

Please, use all the forums
- Questions -
- Suggestions -
- Bug report -

This forum is for all other stuff without a place.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Update... I don't know what can i add :p
v0.4.1

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

Can someone PLEASE start a Wiki for this? I have too many questions and no answers anywhere >_<

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

I usually look through the earlier posts here then if I haven't found anything I try to figure it out. But feel free to ask, I'll try to answer if I can.
Although I agree a wiki or a depthful description page wouldnt hurt. I suppose it's also on the todo list, might happen eventually.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

alcan wrote:Can someone PLEASE start a Wiki for this? I have too many questions and no answers anywhere >_<
If any want help me with the tutorial, please post here or send me a MP and tell me what want add :D

I'm working in the tutorial now :(

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

L0771 wrote:
alcan wrote:Can someone PLEASE start a Wiki for this? I have too many questions and no answers anywhere >_<
If any want help me with the tutorial, please post here or send me a MP and tell me what want add :D

Some better description of what skills do would be really nice. And maybe basics of talent farming :D

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

L0771 wrote:

Ill gladly help you out if you give me a shout, I figured the basics out myself but some things like the fisher or why my Miners keep evolving and then regressing are still a mystery to me :D

But if you can roughly explain I could help get the english phrasing right and so on :P

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

orzelek wrote:
L0771 wrote:Description of what skills do
Ok, i'm taking note.
orzelek wrote:talent farming :D
I'll explain better in other post, but i'm started here 8-)
alcan wrote:But if you can roughly explain I could help get the english phrasing right and so on :P
:lol: it could be a big help, my english is a bit... My english isn't english...

Please if someone see a error in translation (Or think something can be a better traduction) in the forum or in the mod, please, post here or here, thanks!

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

orzelek wrote:Some better description of what skills do
i think i could do that part if you want @L0771 :D

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Here everyone does what want.

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

alcan wrote: Ill gladly help you out if you give me a shout, I figured the basics out myself but some things like the fisher or why my Miners keep evolving and then regressing are still a mystery to me :D
The miner kept bugging me too but I remembered I've read something about eating pollution somewhere, so I placed a really high pollution drill next to the cursed one and it started eating it up and evolving above lvl 5. The fishers are a bit rough to use since they need a big body of water, but they have to be near the shore. There is one output pipe on the top of it, but you can rotate it to have it on other sides, and you have to have it really close to the shore so you can connect a pipe to it. (you can't put pipes over deep water :/) Landfill mod could be useful if you want a big fisher plantation.

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

L0771 wrote: :lol: it could be a big help, my english is a bit... My english isn't english...

Please if someone see a error in translation (Or think something can be a better traduction) in the forum or in the mod, please, post here or here, thanks!
I can help too, though my native language is not english. I already saw a few minor errors in the game, but they didn't bother me too much, but I'm going to make notes when I see them.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

varn wrote:(you can't put pipes over deep water :/)
Okeey, i have a test tomorrow, but in this days i'll do other mod to put pipes and belts on water, ok? XD
Check this mod, i did it this morning, 2hs :x
varn wrote:I can help too, though my native language is not english. I already saw a few minor errors in the game, but they didn't bother me too much, but I'm going to make notes when I see them.
I'm a bit slow with languages...

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

Hi again.
Everything is good. too well...
I have 2 fishers
pic
And every 30 sec i craft talent lvl 1... + always crafting bodies. (everything connected by pipes)
Of course sometimes biters coming but in little numbers
I say it just so you know. (when something does not work as you planned.may be)

Dont know bug or not. When my turrets (simple energy turrets from other mods) kills bitters close to me i got a lot exp to bow (now i have lvl 50+ bow but I spent only 5-6 arrows).
Last edited by flexoleonhart on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

flexoleonhart wrote: Dont know bug or not. When my turrets (simple energy turrets from other mods) kills bitters close to me i got a lot exp to bow (now i have lvl 50+ bow but I spent only 5-6 arrows).
It's a bug, sortof. If I had to guess killing with drones grenades or anything would give bow xp when you have bow as your selected weapon, because it doesn't check if you dealt the killing dmg with the bow, just that an enemy died and you have bow in your hands. That's why you get xp for turret kills when you are close but nothing when you are far.

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

Quick question, if i take the parts and talents out of the virtual inventory, how do i put them back? xD

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:Hi again.
Everything is good. too well...
I have 2 fishers
pic
And every 30 sec i craft talent lvl 1... + always crafting bodies. (everything connected by pipes)
Of course sometimes biters coming but in little numbers
I say it just so you know. (when something does not work as you planned.may be)
It's too much? i'm trying to produce the first talent t3 in 35-40 min, more than that and no one want to buy 2 fishers... What you think?
flexoleonhart wrote:Dont know bug or not. When my turrets (simple energy turrets from other mods) kills bitters close to me i got a lot exp to bow (now i have lvl 50+ bow but I spent only 5-6 arrows).
That's ok, isn't a bug, in a next release i'll modify all bow's experience, but i need modify the arrows, work with triggers, and give experience for every arrow used(but with this i can't know who fired that arrow, i'll give experience to all close players), i can't know if you use a arrow for now, the script take your bow level, calcules the range, if you are in range, gives exp to you (and some numbers for MP), but i need time to remake arrow's experience.
alcan wrote:Quick question, if i take the parts and talents out of the virtual inventory, how do i put them back? xD
Cursed Options > Items in inventory [unchecked]
And this options will activate if you takes a talent or talent part, i'll add some options at right (like all on, all off, only talent parts, only talents... ideas?)

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

L0771 wrote: And this options will activate if you takes a talent or talent part, i'll add some options at right (like all on, all off, only talent parts, only talents... ideas?)
I'd like if there was an option to disable virtual inventory. It is neat but when I have lots of space I'd rather keep talents and parts in my own.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

I've restarted my map when 0.4 was released.
I'm about 4h into this game and I'd like to give some feedback.

- It feels like fishers are a bit OP right now. I've got 4 (lvl 9,9,8,7) and using only them I get T1 talent every ~12seconds. It was my first investment early in the game and it definitely pays off now. The downside is that farms are very weak compared to fishers but farms are not rly part of the mod so I guess it is OK as a possible additional income. Also they are so cheap that you can go crazy with their numbers early in the game whereas it is not that easy getting more than 4 fishers.
Overall I'd maybe nerf a bit blood income from fishers but not much.. 10 maybe 20%.

- The damage of arrows scales too fast I think. I killed few (like 5-6) biter bases and already have 18.5 dmg / shot and almost 30/s firing rate. That is waaaaay better than anything I could ever get. It just annihilates biters (at least small and medium ones, I haven't seen any big ones yet) and with this new blood income buff arrows are dirt cheap also.
Overall it definitely has a good starting point, but the dmg ramps up too fast imo.

- Armor - the flat dmg reduction on physical is too big early game. I could tank 5 small biters with no additional hp regen.. sooo.. yea.. I bit OP this early.(I don't even have blue science pack yet).
It is hard to balance because of how effective dmg is calculated (I mean at the point where incoming dmg is < than armor value). Probably less flat dmg reduction and more(?) % reduction would be ok but that definitely requires testing... hard to 'eyeball it'.

Return to “Mods”