[MOD 0.11.3] Better Turrets - WIP topic created.

Topics and discussion about specific mods
psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.11.3] Better Turrets - WIP topic created.

Post by psychobarge »

As it is still a Work in progress, and as i can not move the topic myself, i made an other one in the mod wip part of the forum, i will update the topic there. This one will be use when the mod is released.
Hi guys i present here my first mod :) . it is still a WIP and not downloadable yet but will be soon.

BETTER TURRETS

The mod tries to re-balance the way turrets are used and especially the way ammunition are built, packaged and delivered to turrets because to my point of view, this part of the game not as complex as it should be. It tries to do so with realism.
With this mod installed, the player now have to pay more attention to his ammunition-building factories to set up his defenses.
I don't plan to modify a lot of existing things in the game except the turrets and ammunition management. (I won't add any new biters for example).

Added at the time being:
- New types of projectile based turrets classed by caliber (7.62mm, 30 mm, 100mm) each one of these have very different range, rate of fire, turning rate.
- A whole lot of types of ammunitions based on real things (HEDP, HEI, HEAT, KE, etc...)
- A system based on building everything from the empty case to the bullet of the cartridge and then to package multiple cartridges in adequat containers to be delivered to the turrets in a realistic way.
Example :
empty 7.62 mm case + standard 7.62 mm bullet = standard 7.62 mm cartridge (not usable as it is in a turret).
200 standard 7.62 mm cartridges + empty ammo can = filled standard 7.62 mm ammo can (this one is usable in a turret)

- New models and animation for each type of turrets (See screenshots below)
- New effects and explosions. (BOOMS !)
- New types of factory (ammunition making and ammunition packaging factory) also with their own models and animations.
- New hand weapons and ammunitions (.45 caliber) not a whole lot, just a few but much more realistic than the vanilla ones)

Planned :
- A LOT of balancing ! (there is none at the moment)
- New types of turrets (1 fore the moment, maybe more).
- Adding a few things i have in mind...

Screenshots :
turrets.jpg
turrets.jpg (198.1 KiB) Viewed 7049 times
The purpose of this mod is not to provide new over-powered-super-turrets. (100 mm turrets are very powerful but slow to aim and have a very long reloading time)
Following this logic, it will probably remove laser turrets in the future or find a way to make them less cheaty.
Last edited by psychobarge on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Better Turrets

Post by psychobarge »

reserved

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

Hmmm... Interesting. But, shouldn't this be in the "Work In Progress" section of the forum?

psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychobarge »

Right ! how do i move it ? :?:

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

I like the idea. I had planned to do something very similar, but I fell over when it came to sprites.

You might want to have a little read of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet
Getting the terminology correct from the start will save confusion down the line.

What do you plan to use as an explosive?

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

my mod have 5/56x45mm turrets, 7.62x39mm turrets, 12.7x99mm turrets. many types of ammo and 2 types of ammo cargo, box and magazine. see here
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 634#p51861

psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychobarge »

Stx3 wrote:my mod have 5/56x45mm turrets, 7.62x39mm turrets, 12.7x99mm turrets. many types of ammo and 2 types of ammo cargo, box and magazine. see here
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 634#p51861
I like your mod ! It turn Factorio in an another type of game : a mad turret defence game.

But mine is totaly not the same, and my purpose is not the same either...
I want to make turrets more Factorio-like with a lot more complex things to do before being able to shoot at monsters.

psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychobarge »

Liquius wrote:I like the idea. I had planned to do something very similar, but I fell over when it came to sprites.

You might want to have a little read of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet
Getting the terminology correct from the start will save confusion down the line.
About the sprites i did not know anything about it a month ago, but i learnt to use Blender and a couple of other tools to get some pretty ones... so now i can do whatever i want.

I use correct terms in the mod itself but you're right the terminology could be better in this topic ^^ => Edit : i modified the topic
Liquius wrote:What do you plan to use as an explosive?
For now i use the vanilla explosives but i intend to add some material to the game (not a lot)

psychobarge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Better Turrets (WIP ! topic created there)

Post by psychobarge »

As it is still a Work in progress, and as i can not move the topic myself, i made an other one in the mod wip part of the forum, i will update the topic there. This one will be use when the mod is released.

Return to “Mods”