[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Deadlock's Industrial Revolution (WIP)

Post by Deadlock989 »

[ replaced ]
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

(spoiler removed)
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Ore washers now show a "crafting tint" based on what they're washing.

Last edited by Deadlock989 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Looking great! I love how your designs look, keep it up!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

I just wanted to say, your Sprite Work is beautiful.

I might have to give your mod a try based on that alone. It feels so in theme with Factorio versus some of the other overhauls I've seen.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

The monitor above was an experiment .. and this is phase 2 of the experiment. The monitor became a hologram projector. Essentially it's just an electric signpost, but because it's a variant of lamp, it's controllable with the circuit and logistics networks and can be coloured. It's a bit dicey because ideally it would use a game entity that doesn't exist yet. This version makes a mess of the power statistics screen. But I'm happy with how it's turning out. Thanks to Staplergun for coming up with the gui interaction.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (569.95 KiB) Viewed 6059 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

those projector/lamps??? are damn beautiful.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Does this require special preparation for each sprite, or can it handle any projection?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Mernom wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 am
Does this require special preparation for each sprite, or can it handle any projection?
Currently they can display any 128x128 icon (if told to). But it looks like pants if it isn't specially prepared, especially once signal colours get involved.

thats_no_moon.png
thats_no_moon.png (597 KiB) Viewed 6014 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Hologram experiments phase 3.

Map marker option:
hologram-markermode.png
hologram-markermode.png (208.27 KiB) Viewed 5926 times

Text mode:
hologram-textmode.png
hologram-textmode.png (820.84 KiB) Viewed 5926 times

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Why doesn't this forum have a like option...

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Someone was complaining about having too much oil, or not the right kind, or they couldn't figure out how to stop something being blocked, or something? Wasn't terribly clear what the problem was, if I'm honest. Oh well, just set fire to it.

burn-it-all.png
burn-it-all.png (804.92 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:36 pm
Someone was complaining about having too much oil, or not the right kind, or they couldn't figure out how to stop something being blocked, or something? Wasn't terribly clear what the problem was, if I'm honest. Oh well, just set fire to it.

burn-it-all.png
Time to burn all that excess oxygen.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:36 pm

burn-it-all.png
Time to burn all that excess oxygen.
Two hundred percent support this strategy, BTW. It demands mods, which is annoying, but is the best strategy for dealing with fluid balancing issues in the oil system. Also the oxygen system, on whatever other mod "fluid" has similar production and consumption balancing issues.

For oil, clearly, cracking is the first port of call, but eventually that'll backlog on petrogras, so a solution that can never block one output forever is needed. Flare Stack implements a good, decently balanced for vanilla version of this.

Other mods add their own, but at the end of the day, some solution to destroy overproduction of oil that'll block the entire production chain is gonna be needed.

Aquaholic27
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aquaholic27 »

I found out about this Mod-In-Progress from Krastorio's 'Full Compatibility with Deadlock's Industrial Revolution' goal, and I have to say, if that works out, this mod combo will be *incredible*.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Aquaholic27 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 am
I found out about this Mod-In-Progress from Krastorio's 'Full Compatibility with Deadlock's Industrial Revolution' goal, and I have to say, if that works out, this mod combo will be *incredible*.
I hope so. We're talking and it's productive. The mods seem to be a good match - DIR mostly focuses on revamping early and mid game, Krastorio is tilted more towards late game. And some of the base resource additions are the same (gold, sand) so recipe tweaking will be easier than some other mod combos. "Full compatibility" might just mean "the game doesn't halt with an error when you try to load both" or it might be a bit more than that. We'll see how it pans out.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Have been working on a replacement for the mooted oil nerf. Need to play it through and test the numbers but this is a sketch of what I've done so far.

Basic Oil Processing: Requires water like Advanced does (or maybe steam, depending on how annoying that turns out to be). Outputs heavy, light and petro in roughly equal quantities. Unlocks green petroleum coke, which can only be made from petro. Unlocks cracking immediately because that is literally what refining is. Unlocks a flare stack, not because it's actually needed (it isn't and never was, even in vanilla), but because fire and pretty lights and occasional laziness.

Sulphur processing, spelled the way God intended: inputs green petroleum coke (can be used as fuel with high fuel value but a bad pollutant) and outputs solid sulphur + refined coke (medium fuel value, low pollutant - formerly known as "solid fuel"). Refined coke is also useful as an ingredient (science packs, graphite electrodes).

Advanced Oil Processing: Tilts the outputs towards petro and gives what is essentially a productivity bonus. Requires a platinum-based catalyst (reusable but doesn't last forever) which gates this behind purple science and the final part of the ore processing chain.

Coal liquefaction: is now a chemical plant recipe. Outputs heavy and light only.

Lubricant doesn't change. Sulphuric acid doesn't need iron (there is a new acid that needs metals later in the chain). Plastics already changed before this - the root plastic product is a fluid - but it's still petro and carbon based. Overall there are two fewer recipes (or one fewer if you count the flare stack recipe, which I don't).
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Isn't Sulphur a side product of 'lightening' oil products? AKA the cracking process? (IRL)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Assembling Machines 1 (copper/burner), 2 (iron) and 3 (steel/chrome/gold).

Tier 3 uses attenuated megawatt lasers to precision-cut and weld.
Tier 2 employs an arc welder and finely milled saw to fashion your components.
Tier 1 hits stuff hard with a big lump of copper.

(flickering is mostly from the gif compression)

Return to “Mods”