[MOD 0.11.3] Replicators 0.2.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ErkCurley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Replicators 0.2.1

Post by ErkCurley »

Great Mod, already sunk a whole day into the world trying to do all the research without mining vanilla stuff n things. :D

KoKa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KoKa »

Great mod, but there is one question: is it possible to adapt it to MP? I mean creating a new game and let someone join works good, but if you want to save and load and play later, there will be errors. Is it possible to fix it?

Scoutter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Scoutter »

With me everything works fine with the latest version 0.11.13

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( mod not work in other mods! please fix

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Really enjoying using this mod so far, it eases logistical supply issues where you just need one or two of something immensely.

I also enjoyed the quickstart compared to normal, though I consider the various upper tiers of enhanced solars a little too much compared to vanilla - even with their admittedly high costs in rare earth (which for me was common early but becomes rapidly a lot rarer once you realize there aren't THAT many deposits of the stuff and the starter patch is probably the largest you'll see for a while, 'infinite' or not :) ) they are so much more effective and compact than the normal ones it makes the non-replicator power draw just an afterthought.

It's true enough that eventually normal solar power does this too, and we'll see how I feel as I carry on up to higher and more expensive tech levels - so far I've been avoiding replicating anything particularly complex.

One suggestion I do have is that it's really odd that you start with the technology to build new solar panels immediately, let alone the tiny electric furnaces which are amazingly useful for pretty much all purposes. I suggest that you start with more of all of these things, but not the technology to actually build them - then miniature electric furnaces can be moved up to material processing and the clean energy tree can require both solar and accumulator tech. Progression won't be an issue, you'll just have to replicate some wood to burn in stone furnaces until you've done the research, and having ~20 electric furnaces and some high efficiency solars provided as part of your starter package seems to make sense if we're assuming you're being sent by a high-tech society to tame the planet.

Ion turrets seem balanced about right, and also look neat - I know it's only a recolour (and it has amusingly opposite icon colour, just like the normal laser turrets!) but they seem expensive enough to justify their increased efficiency and damage without totally destroying any number of biters without effort.

finally:
Airat9000 wrote::( mod not work in other mods! please fix
It's working fine for me in combination with the tankwerkz mod, the slipstream chests, nuclear power and some other bits and pieces. If you mean that it's not replicating ores from, say, bobs-mods... well, no. That's hardly it not working, though. It doesn't even replicate everything in the vanilla game though - coal is a notable and welcome lack. Sure, you can replicate wood to burn, but it pushes the requirements of many other things that need coal up into the higher research tiers until you can replicate them directly, and I like that.

TheMadDoctor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheMadDoctor »

great mod love, but i have 1 tiny little bug to report. when im playing and i move the camera in the fans, and the blue flames on the electric furnace are just a little to far to the left. kind of bugs me just a little bit but i do still love this mod.

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

I found a way to make rare-earth spawn outside of starting area, it only takes changing one number in one files of mod.

replicators_0.2.1\prototypes\rare-earth.lua
Line 57(or 56 if you start at 0)
It's 2nd "peak""
influence = 0.20 ==> influence = 0.65

Also i found that there should be coal replication, (explosives!)
which I added myself but it requires a little more work(making new icon).
I found you have nice recipe system, adding new technology and replication recipe takes only like 4 lines of code. Good job!

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

Is there a way of disabling replicators power generations? I'd like to play without them, and without them even in my recipe window. This would make replication much more power-hungry, which is what i'm aiming for (Because it's little to easy for me now :D)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Remove the relevant tech entr(y/ies) from the lua files?
If they're an initial-unlock (been awhile, can't remember), then just set their recipe entries to "enabled=false" instead of "enabled=true"

Alternatively, self-discipline. :P
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

Error while loading entity prototype "replicator-2" (assembling-machine): conversion of data to type "h" failed
Modifications: replicators

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

I played some time with this mod, and i like it. But i have found some missing entries in local, which leads to error strings in the techscreen. I have translated the mod to german and for the german version i have corrected the missing entries. Only the copper cable does not work... I can't say, why, there must be an other error deeper in the mod.
I have added the following entries in the german locale:

Code: Select all

028 [item-group-name]
029 replication=Replikatortechnik

135 ion-conduit=Ionenleitung
136 green-beacon=Grüne Signalstation
137 expansion-bay=Erweiterungsbuchten
138 repltech-copper-wire=Replikation: Kupferkabel
139 repltech-lubricant=Replikation: Schmiermittel
140 repltech-solid-fuel=Replikation: Festbrennstoff
141 repltech-alien-artifact=Replikation: Fremdartiges Artefakt
142 repltech-wood=Replikation: Holzbohlen
143 electric-smelting=Lichtbogenschmelzverfahren
As i say above, the entrie for the copper cable (line 138) does not work. I have uploaded a screenshot:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=f ... hoto%2cjpg

The german Translation i have uploaded here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=f ... file%2czip
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

not copper-wire, its a copper-cable

replace: 138 repltech-copper-wire=Replikation: Kupferkabel

with: 138 repltech-copper-cable=Replikation: Kupferkabel

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

Thanks, that's it... Oh, i was a stupid, blind donkey... :D
Have corrected it und uploaded new... The Link should be the same.
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

bence98
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bence98 »

Hello!
I have ran into a problem: I don't know how to research Replication 1. It says it needs rare earth and magnets, which I can't insert into the Lab, and the Replication Lab is unavailable for me. Using Factorio 0.11.3, Replicators 0.2.1

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

bence98 wrote:Hello!
I have ran into a problem: I don't know how to research Replication 1. It says it needs rare earth and magnets, which I can't insert into the Lab, and the Replication Lab is unavailable for me. Using Factorio 0.11.3, Replicators 0.2.1
Yeah I am having the same problem. The research for the replication lab requires a replication lab :P unless I'm just missing something

edit: you can enable the tech by using this command:

/c game.player.force.technologies['repltech-replication-1'].researched=true

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

British_Petroleum wrote:
bence98 wrote:Hello!
Yeah I am having the same problem. The research for the replication lab requires a replication lab :P unless I'm just missing something

edit: you can enable the tech by using this command:

/c game.player.force.technologies['repltech-replication-1'].researched=true
Lol don't know what you guys are talking about :P everything seems to work absolutely fine on the modpack. Even on 0.11.22 ?

Try upgrading to 0.11.22 ;) See how it goes for you.
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ahh the problem was that I added the mod to a game I had already started. Starting a new game that tech is already researched :) was using 11.21

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

British_Petroleum wrote:ahh the problem was that I added the mod to a game I had already started. Starting a new game that tech is already researched :) was using 11.21

oh lol yeh thats because a function tells it at the beginning of a game to unlock :) if you load up a game thats in progress alrdy for a couple of min or hours even days it will skip that function :P
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I like this mod. At first I thought it would be op, but then i realised the energy required to replicate things is insane. I guess that makes sense if you consider einsteins famous equation e=mc^2

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm considering it OP after two full plays with it.

It's quite easy to get fully solar with this mod - only condition is finding rare earth deposits and some time to process all of it. And time can be reduced with more assemblies easily.

I was using replication only for wood - cost in power are very big and it takes a bit of fun from playing for me :D

Return to “Mods”