[MOD 0.11.3] Replicators 0.2.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jamuspsi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.11.3] Replicators 0.2.1

Post by jamuspsi »

Update 0.2.1: Fixed replication labs not being able to use inserters, huge oversight on my part. (Side effect, the magnet items are no longer modules, and you can't convert your old game. :cry:

This is the mod I've been working on for a while. It fairly dramatically changes the balance/strategy of the game. I tend to play it with all resources except the new one turned to richness None.

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/replicators021
Pretty sure this requires 0.11.3 factorio, else you get an error in control, but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

Features:
* New resource type, Rare Earth. Is infinite like oil, but slows down dramatically, so you will need to expand. Most new items require some of this.
* Three new module/resources that build out of Rare Earth. (Rare Earth Magnet, Superconductor, Ion Conduit)
* 5 new solar panels. High tier, smaller footprint solar panels/accumulators. You will need lots- the power drain of the replicators is HIGH.
* 5 tiers of replicators.
* 2x2 electric furnace
* Green Beacon - A large-range beacon that can take Ion Conduits to reduce pollution in a fairly wide area. Resource intensive, but very helpful. Unlocked mid-game.
* Expansion Bay - A 1x1 beacon with a 3x3 range (adjacent only), but applies 100% of effects. You can do amazing things with these if you have power.
* Ion Grenades and Ion Turrets.
* Replication Lab - Researches replication recipes and tiers.

Notes
Each tier of replication unlocks new recipes, and replicates faster. Replication takes nothing but power- but a LOT of it. The higher tier replicators are much less efficient than the lower, in exchange for the speed. The original goal of this mod was to make power management a little more gamey. You will HAVE to use higher-tier solar panels and accumulators to keep up- vanilla power supplies won't be enough.

You start with wood, stone, iron ore, and copper ore recipes, but all other recipes have to be researched. Replication can provide everything necessary through end-game, including batteries, lubricant, and alien artifacts. There's a speed penalty for complex items that means that it's basically always most efficient to produce lower tier items and assemble them yourself, but as you build power infrastructure and defenses to manage the pollution, you can ramp up production dramatically.

Replicators have no module slots, but can be affected by beacons, green beacons, and expansion bays. Boosting the speed of a lower tier is more efficient than building the next higher, but won't increase the speed by as much unless you stack a TON.

Replication tiers and recipes are researched in the Replication Lab, and use the rare earth materials instead of science packs.

Rare Earth is infinite, but slows down very quickly. It's intended that you'll need to expand to acquire more fields as you continue, because the higher tier recipes and buildings take a lot of it. This is the most untested part of the balance, but I've been playing on medium without TOO much trouble. Might be too easy, might be too hard. Feedback appreciated!

So that you can jump right in, skipping the burner/electric phase, you start with a single replicator, a small electric furnace, 10 solar panels and accumulators, and some small poles. You still get the normal stuff, so if you're playing with normal resources on, that's still available to you. Up to you.

Ion Conduits can be turned to Carbon Entanglers, which reduce pollution and can be used in the green beacon. (It'll take a lot to reduce the pollution to low levels, but the mid-game pollution is HIGH without it.)

The grenades are largely a joke, very expensive and probably too strong. The ion turrets are similarly OP, because I couldn't find another way to deal with big spitters, which you get pretty quick because of the pollution.

There's some junk files in the zip, but if you want to try your hand at rebalancing, check the tops of replication.lua and replicators.lua. Most of the recipes/tech are procedurally generated using variables and functions at the top, so you can quickly tweak values across all the recipes.

Lastly, all the new items appear in the item menu under a new tab, but aren't sorted in the inventory very well.
Pics
Last edited by jamuspsi on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

omagaalpha
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Replicators

Post by omagaalpha »

You Link is to 0 size file ,so please redo it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Download link worked fine for me.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

omagaalpha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omagaalpha »

Well work for me now ,oh well it fix it self.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Works for me.

And awesome mod! :p

Just a suggestion - add Oil Replicator :p

Also add optional support for dytech and treefarm :p

I has manually added them, but maybe more will use if they can use this mod for all the ore generation for every popular mod :p also Bob's ores

omagaalpha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omagaalpha »

Can't put Rare earth magnet into Replicator Lab with inserter.
Edit: lab does not like module that use as research material.
(Ps other mods I have dytect,treefarm,robo charge ,advacedEquipment,lantfill,ore expansion, fatcontroller,OA-Modules and timebutton)

overabuncdance
Inserter
Inserter

Post by overabuncdance »

what am i doing wrong with the mod?
when is tart a new map i get the bug

control.lua:5 First argument must be a table or number

jamuspsi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jamuspsi »

Oh dear. Obviously a little half-baked. I'll make some fixes this evening to make the labs work correctly, and I'll look at the strange control.lua bug. Thanks for the feedback.

overabuncdance
Inserter
Inserter

Post by overabuncdance »

no problem this mod looks really good but it just dont work D:

jamuspsi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Replicators 0.2.1

Post by jamuspsi »

New update in first post. Fixes labs by un-moduling the new items. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make this fix without breaking saves, so you'll have to start a new map. Hopefully this was a breaking enough change that nobody wasted too much time. Sorry!

shadow18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shadow18 »

overabuncdance wrote:what am i doing wrong with the mod?

Same Problem here :/

jamuspsi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jamuspsi »

shadow18 wrote:
overabuncdance wrote:what am i doing wrong with the mod?

Same Problem here :/
Are you guys for sure using factorio 0.11.3? Are you using any other really big, total conversion type mods?

I can't for the life of me imagine why there'd be an error on that particular line0 especially since it seems it works in other setups. What operating system are you using?

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

Awesome mod, I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'd like to see more rare earth, but not on map gen. Maybe tier IV or V replication recipes, or something complicated like Science Pack 3/4's in the recipe (one of each of the four Science Packs per ten rare earth?). I'm looking for a steady income of rare earth (I'm not an explorer), but that doesn't mean it should be cheap or easy. :)

How about deconstruction of raw resources to power? (To help fill those HUGE accumulators) Coal, wood, solid fuel and other burnables. (Yes I'm thinking tree farm!)

More things to replicate... Water? Oil? I'm guessing that would be a issue with connecting pipes to the replicator and the whole facing thing..

Might be nice to find rare earth with F-Mod underground drills? I'd rank this as low priority but hey no harm in asking.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

The mod looks very promising. I will give it a try today :)
I have something very similar in the planning for my mod, but mine will start with recycling old materials and eventually you can replicate new ones.
Check out my mods

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

DreamSmith wrote:How about deconstruction of raw resources to power? (To help fill those HUGE accumulators) Coal, wood, solid fuel and other burnables. (Yes I'm thinking tree farm!)
Sounds like you'd need some sort of generator connected to a source of kinetic power. This kinetic power could probably come from burning these fuels, and superheating water, so that it would expand with great force in the connected generator. We should probably call this generator setup a steam engine, and the burning vessel a boiler...

:roll: :mrgreen:
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

n9103 wrote:
DreamSmith wrote:How about deconstruction of raw resources to power? (To help fill those HUGE accumulators) Coal, wood, solid fuel and other burnables. (Yes I'm thinking tree farm!)
Sounds like you'd need some sort of generator connected to a source of kinetic power. This kinetic power could probably come from burning these fuels, and superheating water, so that it would expand with great force in the connected generator. We should probably call this generator setup a steam engine, and the burning vessel a boiler...

oh no he didn't! :twisted:
Check out my mods

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

n9103 wrote:

I got trolled! I was implying without water though. Replication should be reverse processable, maybe a matter recycler. How about a container that consumes it's contents over time to produce power even if it's 75% of the power cost to replicate the item (any item? calculated from number of base resources).

Chaos_Therum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chaos_Therum »

tno1 wrote:Works for me.

And awesome mod! :p

Just a suggestion - add Oil Replicator :p

Also add optional support for dytech and treefarm :p

I has manually added them, but maybe more will use if they can use this mod for all the ore generation for every popular mod :p also Bob's ores
You should post that file. I was thinking about adding support myself. But why do something when it has already been done.

motytheultimate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by motytheultimate »

Can you tell me and others how to add items to the replicators for example the ores from Uranium Power

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiapha »

Very nice mod, though I would agree with the question of "Where is the oil?" -- we can make ore and stone before we can make plates and bricks, so why not add in crude oil at tier 2? Also, I think you should have an option for rare earth replication at a high cost.

Very nice possibilities to mesh with a normal setup as well, though I think going nothing but rare earth is quite fun, other than the lack of oil and mod-specific resources. It is an interesting challenge trying to consider building your own resources

Thank you very much for the mod and all the possibilities it creates.

Return to “Mods”