This mod makes it easy to import and share blueprints.
1. Download the mod. (0.12 version here)
2. Move it to your Factorio mods directory.
3. Start Factorio and research Automated Construction.
1. Craft an empty blueprint
2. Click the "Blueprint" button to show the panel.
3. Copy a blueprint string from your friend.
4. Paste the blueprint string in the text box.
5. Click "Load String".
Here is a sample blueprint string, for the classic design of 2 assembling machines fed by logistics bots.
Code: Select all
H4sIAAAAAAAA/43SUWvDIBDA8a9S+hxHIltfip+kjOL01h7omZ2mdAS/+67bKAsNWV4UxD+/aPRpE5Kz YXM0I1DBgpDNOJKNYLY2Z4hvAemkonVnJFB62/Qpy7ZEZrwa1T29NJ9Gxlqb3yqCxyEqCOAKo1N9CjCt 9HfU/o3+p54fpZBOmIsQ7gy5KIaPQWbgafjziXoh7EXHC6ie0wX9fD+B361USBn4QWvvWuOR5Qpu6/pe 5mh5Oe2m6W4NqufQ3SpUz6FajooukTyFQ/dqFv8Rkofr7YSHdtXOrta6ZygD0+a4B/JfV+CPvIMCAAA=
1. Click the "Blueprint" button to show the panel.
2. Click "Save All"
3. Find the blueprint in your "script-output/blueprint-string" folder (located in the same parent directory as "mods/blueprint-string").
This mod has strict error checking, so bad strings will not crash your game or mess it up. Please report any strings that do!
This mod is tested in single player. I don't have a lot of experience playing multiplayer or modding it, so I appreciate any suggestions on how I can make the mod work better for multiplayer.