[MOD 0.16 - 1.0] Realistic Electric Trains

Topics and discussion about specific mods
catsup8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16 - 1.0] Realistic Electric Trains

Post by catsup8 »

After updates for 1.1 made by @GeneralTank, I got this error

I used Vehicle Grid mod alongside RET. I restarted the game and during loading it crashes. Is it possible that there's some naming conflict?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

There are some typos in his path code, not sure how it worked enough for him to release unless it only works if the original old mod is also installed?

Changes I made to fix it:
- In data.lua, change line 3 to

Code: Select all

mod = "Realistic_Electric_Trains_fix"
- In prototypes/entity.lua, change the paths in lines 209, 222, and 236 to remove the leading / character like so:

graphics.."entities/locomotive/electric-locomotive"
Last edited by robot256 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

catsup8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by catsup8 »

robot256 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm
There are some typos in his path code, not sure how it worked enough for him to release unless it only works if the original old mod is also installed?

- In prototypes/data.lua, change the paths in lines 209, 222, and 236 to remove the leading / character like so:

Thanks for the help, now it is working. But, maybe on the second point you meant in prototypes/entity.lua ? I didn't find data.lua under prototypes directory

GeneralTank
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeneralTank »

robot256 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm

- In prototypes/entity.lua, change the paths in lines 209, 222, and 236 to remove the leading / character like so:

Yeah that's due to me trying to upload and having to change the name in the info.json. My version only changed the mod version number and the factorio version number.

Also I didn't have the Vehicle Grid enabled so that issue didn't pop up with me.

Edit: just fixed the info.json issue. The second fix doesn't appear to be needed.

tomiczech
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tomiczech »

after updating to version 1.1 I downloaded the latest version of RET mode, the poles can be seen that they are transmitting electricity but the trains do not receive it. if I want to demolish the pole, the game throws an error and falls into the main menu.What can I do about it

JAetherwing
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JAetherwing »

Hello everyone!
I'm happy to see that there is apparently someone who found the time to update my mod to the latest version.
However, I'd actually prefer if one of those authors (or multiple) took over my project and continued developing under the same name rather than creating 3(!) individual forks. This would be easier for other players to update and less confusing in the mod portal.
I did say from the beginning that I'd be open to hand the project over to someone else, but I never received any request. Therefore, I'm now quite puzzled to see three different forks on the mod portal.
To the guys who made those (@GeneralTank and others I assume): Did you consider asking to be made a contributor to the original project? I'd be glad to hand control over to you.

GeneralTank
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeneralTank »

JAetherwing wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:44 pm
Hello everyone!
I'm happy to see that there is apparently someone who found the time to update my mod to the latest version.
However, I'd actually prefer if one of those authors (or multiple) took over my project and continued developing under the same name rather than creating 3(!) individual forks. This would be easier for other players to update and less confusing in the mod portal.
I did say from the beginning that I'd be open to hand the project over to someone else, but I never received any request. Therefore, I'm now quite puzzled to see three different forks on the mod portal.
To the guys who made those (@GeneralTank and others I assume): Did you consider asking to be made a contributor to the original project? I'd be glad to hand control over to you.
I asked if there was a way for me to upload my fix to the original mod. I ended upload my version so others can use it and ideally someone with more skill can use it to take over.

There is also two things I haven't completely figured out mostly due to lack to time. First is making the new graphics optional and secondly making a K2 compatibility mod for this mod.

Return to “Mods”