Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16] Silent Belts 3

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Silent Belts 3

DOWNLOAD

Short description
Disables running sound for all belts, including modded ones. For those who get annoyed with that squeaking noise chasing you all over the base.

Long description
As I googled it, seems like I'm not the only one who can't tolerate sound of running belts. So now you can just mute them entirely. Tested with Bob's Logistics belts, but should work fine with any others since it just run through all collection of data.raw["transport-belt"]. Please report any issues in this topic or PM me on reddit.

Previous versions of "Silent Belts" 1 and 2 by GotLag and Alan respectively that I found are obsolete and seems like not supported anymore, so I thought to make my own. Also that mods supported vanilla belts only, while this one affect all belt types.

In future I want to find more pleasant and relaxing sounds for belts and introduce them in another mod so you would rather find an opportunity to stand near them and just hear it. But by now I think this should be fine temporary solution for suffering engineers. That sound is still playing in my head when I stand near belts, but my ears feel actual relief and I don't feel like I need to run away into the forest anymore. Hope you will feel the same :D
Changelog

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16] Silent Belts 3

Post by eradicator »

I've had this particular bit of code in my private comfort mod for years:

Code: Select all

for _,belt in pairs(data.raw['transport-belt']) do
  belt.working_sound.sound.volume = 0
  belt.working_sound.max_sounds_per_type = 0
  end
Now i know i'm not the only one :mrgreen:. 健康第一
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Mods”