Topics and discussion about specific mods
offtheball
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.x] Supercapacitors

Post by offtheball »

Author: offtheball
Name: Supercapacitors
Description: Large capacitors to allow quick battery equipment recharge for longer journeys.
Version: 0.1.1
Latest Release: 30-09-2018
Tested With: 0.16.51

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Supercapacitors

This mod provides supercapacitors for quickly topping up your battery equipment charge.

The small capacitor holds a 1MJ charge. When it discharges into your armor, it is destroyed. The large capacitor holds a 50MJ charge, and will leave behind a depleted capacitor (provided there is room in your inventory). These can be recharged using a separate, and slightly faster, recipe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The intention is for small capacitors to be about as fun to use when you first get them as solar panels, giving you just enough juice to see properly at night and run for a bit. Large capacitors are intended to cut down on the time you wait to recharge before you storm a base, and to keep you steaming through a long exploratory endeavour. They may also come in handy if you realise in the middle of combat that your exoskeletons just gave out.

If you like it and think it can be better balanced, let me know. Not a lot of thought went into the research requirements. The long craft times are to (hopefully) ensure the machine crafting them uses at least as much energy as they hold. Efficiency modules will ruin that, but if you're that worried about pollution, I'll let you have that for free.

Also, if you want to see this in a language other than English, I'd love to include translations. Feel free to submit them to me. I do want to replace the icons, but I am honestly terrible at anything graphical. It's a miracle I could find the hue button in Gimp, tbh.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Version History:

0.1.1 - Fixed a crash that occurred when the player is not wearing armour. Capacitors are now expended with no additional effect.
0.1.0 - Initial release

Return to “Mods”