[MOD 0.18.x] Better Long Handed Inserter

Topics and discussion about specific mods
S1lentWalrus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.18.x] Better Long Handed Inserter

Post by S1lentWalrus »

Name: Better Long Handed Inserter
Description: This mod adds a faster long handed inserter and also a filter version
Version: 0.1.4
Latest Release: 2020-04-16
Tested With Factorio Version: 0.18.18
Mod Portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Better_Lo ... d_Inserter
Version History
Details
Last edited by S1lentWalrus on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Better Long Handed Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Nothing personal, but i wish people would stop overusing the word "better" for everything. It makes mods so difficult to tell apart from each other and sounds totally generic thanks to the overuse. Why not say "faster", "bigger", etcpp. when that's what they mean... there's more than one adjective in any language. [/rant]

I suggest: "2 Long Handed Inserters You'll Never Want To Miss Again." as the new name :P.

Teleclast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teleclast »

Heads up you copied the details from your other post so it has the info for your 'Better Repair Pack' instead of 'Better Long Handed Inserter'

Also highly suggest you change the name when making mods to something like "Walrus' Repair Pack" or something else, Better is used too often in a lot of mods unfortunately (not just factorio, overall) so it leads to confusion when people are looking for yours in particular.

S1lentWalrus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by S1lentWalrus »

Teleclast wrote:Heads up you copied the details from your other post so it has the info for your 'Better Repair Pack' instead of 'Better Long Handed Inserter'
Thanks for pointing that out I got it fixed now. Thanks for the tip for naming as well, however I do not believe there is a way to change it without creating a 'new' mod.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

S1lentWalrus wrote:Thanks for pointing that out I got it fixed now. Thanks for the tip for naming as well, however I do not believe there is a way to change it without creating a 'new' mod.
The in-game name is pulled from info.json, the mod portal name can be changed on the "Edit" tab. The file name can't be changed on the portal though.

S1lentWalrus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by S1lentWalrus »

eradicator wrote: The in-game name is pulled from info.json, the mod portal name can be changed on the "Edit" tab. The file name can't be changed on the portal though.
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll work on getting that stuff changed for my mods.

Return to “Mods”