[MOD 0.8.x] Blueprints V0.6.4 OBSOLETE

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD WIP 0.3.x] Blueprints!!!

Post by ficolas »

I made a pda item, so my mod doesnt have the flow allways opened.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The gui problems should be already solved and prepared for 0.4.

There are 3 flows now, top, left and center, these flows can't be removed and are always visible.
When differnt mods add stuff to it, it just stacks in the flow.

PS. I also added frame (Flow, but with visible window, caption, label and table gui elements) and also added way to change the direction of the frame/flow items ("vertical" or "horizontal") and caption.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Oh yeah that sounds great! Are you still aiming to release 0.4 end of the month? I just ask because I will wait to release a new version that solves the issues.
That makes more sense then releasing a dirty workaround now and another updated version after 0.4 again.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

drs9999 wrote:Oh yeah that sounds great! Are you still aiming to release 0.4 end of the month? I just ask because I will wait to release a new version that solves the issues.
That makes more sense then releasing a dirty workaround now and another updated version after 0.4 again.
Yes, we plan it.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

will you add a way to tabulate the buttoms easier?
and a way to put white rectangles behind the gui?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Other gui elements (frame, works as flow, but is "window"), tables (works as html table), labels and way to specify the direction of flow (horizontal/vertical) is already ready and working (for 0.4)
Tabs usage ... maybe later :)

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

with tabulation, I mean, you specify the longness of a buttom, instead of beeing determinated by the characters, and you dont need to put a million of spaces.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ficolas wrote:with tabulation, I mean, you specify the longness of a buttom, instead of beeing determinated by the characters, and you dont need to put a million of spaces.
Ah, something like minimum, this could be done, but the problem is that it needs to be working on smaller/bigger resolutions in the same way.
The font size, for example changes, so the size of the element could be big enough on small screen, but on big screen, the text would be larger ...

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

kovarex wrote:
ficolas wrote:with tabulation, I mean, you specify the longness of a buttom, instead of beeing determinated by the characters, and you dont need to put a million of spaces.
Ah, something like minimum, this could be done, but the problem is that it needs to be working on smaller/bigger resolutions in the same way.
The font size, for example changes, so the size of the element could be big enough on small screen, but on big screen, the text would be larger ...
would it not be possible to find the largest string then 'cushion' any smaller strings with spaces to be the same size? or perhaps to specify size of button with a percentage of the window size or something?
idk, i haven't played with the gui yet :( It's on my todo list :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

kovarex wrote:Ah, something like minimum, this could be done, but the problem is that it needs to be working on smaller/bigger resolutions in the same way.
You can always specify the minimum size in units dependent on the font size (like em in css).
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

cube wrote:
kovarex wrote:Ah, something like minimum, this could be done, but the problem is that it needs to be working on smaller/bigger resolutions in the same way.
You can always specify the minimum size in units dependent on the font size (like em in css).
So will this be possible?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.5.x] Blueprints!!!

Post by drs9999 »

"updated" to Factorio 0.5.x

Updated is maybe not the correct word, I recoded nearly all of the code.

Most important new feature is to be able to save your blueprints :D

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions please let me know

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

I got 3 errors.
Line 112: entity target is zero. I placed, mined and placed again copy marker.
Line 261/257: bp_blueprint_info_frame is nil. I loaded autosave that had open blueprint save window and I clicked save/cancel.
Line 204: Entity creation failed for unknown reason. Creating loco/wagon before rail?

Nice GUI.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks for testing it.

to 3) I was not able to copy rails properly so I decide to exclude them, problem is that I forgot to exclude trains and waggons as well ;)

to 1 and 2) just stupid.. I did not thought about this circumstances... I hope I can fix it until tomorrow

And BTW is it just me or are the windows not centered? It looks like that the top left corner is in the center but not the whole window, but after resizing/maximize factorio the windows are centered.
Also it seems like that style-property are not working for me. I add style = "menu_button_style" as an property in the button creation, but it did not affect the button. Do I need to include something?!

EDIT: made a quick tet with this in the onsave.event:

Code: Select all

if bp_blueprint_info_frame ~= nil then
-->	if bp_blueprint_info_frame.isvalid() then
		bp_blueprint_info_frame.destroy()
	end
end
when the event is executed I received an error that the gui item does not exist. the error pointed to the marked line. why?!? ( bp_blueprint_info_frame is the frame that includes every other GUI element)
Also adding this will corrupt the savefile and factorio will crash until I delete the related savefile.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

So I guess I fixed all known bugs so far.
Like allways you can find the download in the first post.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.5.x] Blueprints V0.5.1

Post by drs9999 »

uploaded a new version.

I also made a short tutorial video, so if you want to know how to use all of the stuff or just want to listen to my angel-like voice here is the link :D
(can also be found in the first post)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpekc8DchQg

Have fun

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.5.x] Blueprints V0.5.2

Post by drs9999 »

Uploaded a new version. It is possible now to copy rails, which means the player is able to build bridges and cross lakes with trains!

Phantasm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantasm »

Currently there is no global saving (eg. to another save game) and the copying doesn't save the state of assembly plants. Any chance for these to come in? Perhaps need for mod interface requests?

Also the mod causes some odd behaviour with selecting and placement of stuff after using markers. Reloading a save fixes the odd behaviour though, but it is still nasty.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Phantasm wrote:Currently there is no global saving (eg. to another save game) and the copying doesn't save the state of assembly plants. Any chance for these to come in? Perhaps need for mod interface requests?

Also the mod causes some odd behaviour with selecting and placement of stuff after using markers. Reloading a save fixes the odd behaviour though, but it is still nasty.
I can answer:
No, those are not possible in factorio

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Like ficolas said, it is not possible (anymore). The devs decided to disable IO functionality (for good reasons).

Return to “Mods”