[MOD 0.17+] Benchmark Production 0.0.11

Topics and discussion about specific mods
quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 0.17+] Benchmark Production 0.0.11

Post by quyxkh »

I've gotten to 0.0.11, this is now an accumulation of most of my personal-convenience console and benchmarking goodies in their current experimental state, it's kind of a mess but updated here in case anyone finds it useful. The Factorio.zip is my factorio-startup options-and-processing frontend, that feeds factorio's output through the mod's production log preprocessor.

You have to install the mod unzipped, sorry, and the log postprocessor is all set up to work on Linux (which is why this isn't on the mod portal), and a very large fraction of the convenience goodies are now available in the /editor. Perhaps notable is the `/bp` and `/iod` commands' supplying `p` and `e` as preloaded shorthand for `game.player` and `game.player.selected`, and other convenience shorthand you'll see loaded up in the code.

As the license says, this is "UnLicense"d, i.e. I intend to make it and regard it as public domain code free for anyone obtaining a copy by any means to deal with as they please.
BenchmarkProduction_0.0.11.zip
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Factorio.zip
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
(original announcement for 0.15 follows)
BenchmarkProduction_0.0.1.zip
The mod
(7.95 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
benchmark-greencircs.zip
The demo map
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
Hi, so the UPS Wars thread got me thinking about unintrusively measuring production layouts and I came up with this mod, which I think will be useful mainly to players who might have been tempted to make an entry in that thread.

There's a demo map to go with the mod, and a demo scenario in the mod itself. The mod's essentially zero UPS cost, microseconds per minute total even on megabases, introduces no entities. It runs only an `on_train_changed_state` hook, which

1) on arrival and departure at each station gets the train's cargo, and on departure reports the differences as what was delivered and picked up, and when, and where. I should probably add slot/tank utilization to the readout so load factors are easy to get. Reports go to stdout, run factorio from the command line to get this.

2) on departure from stations marked with a `==>` at the start of their names, circuit-attached inventories are adjusted to bring counts on the circuit to zero. With nothing but chests and tanks driving the wires that'll mean clearing them. Put a negative-count "want" value on the wire and the mod'll put that much in inventory at the next departure (doing go-to-stop to the current station or toggling auto/manual will do it too). Amounts added and removed are accounted for in the "benchmark" force's production stats, game.player.force=game.forces.benchmark to see those.
Last edited by quyxkh on Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [proof-of-concept] Benchmarking tools

Post by daniel34 »

I'm moving this to the Work-In-Progress / Pre-Alpha Mods subforum.

Although it's just a proof-of-concept it belongs there, even if you never finish it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15+] Benchmark Production 0.0.1

Post by quyxkh »

Updated to v0.0.1, it's now alpha status with a license and readme and such.

Return to “Mods”