PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

3 different types of naphta

Post by phooenix »

Are there supposed to be three different types of naphta?

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 3 different types of naphta

Post by Erkigmo »

phooenix wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:17 am
Are there supposed to be three different types of naphta?
There's a difference between naphtha and naphthalene oil. However, you are right that Angel's naphtha and Py's naphtha were not merged. This has been fixed in dev.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Erkigmo »

hoho wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 pm
Reading the code it looks like it presumes angel's is always available, though it isn't set as a required mod.
Yep, forgot to have it check if angel's was off. It is fixed now.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

OP Coal briquettes

Post by phooenix »

Erkigmo wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:44 pm

There's a difference between naphtha and naphthalene oil. However, you are right that Angel's naphtha and Py's naphtha were not merged. This has been fixed in dev.
Nice, I also found a wierd thing regarding coal briquettes, i don't know if it should work this way, it seems a little too OP. Now, I can't even use them in bob's MK2 boilers otherwise it would've been a nobrainer (i guess bobs stuff is not covered in your compilation fix so i'll manage, there are tonnes of other options). Posting in my paint images as usual, think it's easier that way. :D

EDIT: Note that i also have bio industries and maybe have something to do with it. Two recipes say "charcoal from xxxx" and the wood pellet recipe and the fourth more advanced recipe says "Charcoal briquette" but all give charcoal briquette. As there is also a fuel with a name charcoal that has 6MJ fuel value which makes more sense for the three wood-based recipes.

EDIT 2: I saw now that the cokery is actually from bio industries...ahh well I'll leave the post here anyway and let you decide if it's something you want to do something about. And the large wooden chest there is actually super expensive, like 200 copper plates and 400 resin and other stuff but still pretty funny that it's there among the uranium rods. :lol: Have a good weekend.
Last edited by phooenix on Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: OP Coal briquettes

Post by Erkigmo »

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:17 pm
I guess bobs stuff is not covered in your compilation fix so i'll manage, there are tonnes of other options.
PyCoalTBaA actually does fix Bob's stuff. Thanks for letting me know about how good it is, will make the recipes more expensive.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by phooenix »

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:21 pm
PyCoalTBaA actually does fix Bob's stuff. Thanks for letting me know about how good it is, will make the recipes more expensive.
[/quote]

Ah okey, but i think those recipes are from bio industries, and that it mixes together charcoal and charcoal briquettes or something. Well it's all a mess it's hard to know who owns what haha. Here are the fuel options I have for MK1 (vanilla) boiler and the MK2 boiler from bob's power.

Another thing is when i loaded my old save I can remember i had one boiler connected to 2 steam engines, but now vanilla boiler outputs 7.5 steam/sec and vanilla steam engine needs 15/sec to produce 7.3 MW, and bob's mk2 boiler produces 5.7 steam/sec and MK2 steam engine consumes 30/sec and produce 9MW. So i would need 5.3 MK2 boilers for every MK2 steam engine. (It was years ago i played vanilla and maybe they changed how this works?) But i've played with bob's power before and then it has been scaled up proportionally to upgrade from 1 to 2, so you can smack down mk2 boiler and mk2 steam engine and have the same setup.

What i mean is MK2 boiler should atleast output 7.5 steam/sec aswell, as the vanilla, and the steam engine require 15 steam/sec but at a higher temperature obviously. I can't see how much the MK3 boiler and steam engine require/produce since i'm not there yet and that part of the tooltip window goes outside my screen lol. But that they should scale up proportionally accordingly.

In the base when loading the old save i had 80 MK2 boilers and 160 MK2 steam engines 2:1 ratio to produce 1440 MW, now i would need 848 boilers for those 160 steam engines with the 1:5.7 ratio and that's just bonkers! Or does my thought make sense?

Anyway since there is little place in my base and i have the ruins mod (havent unlocked nuclear stuff yet) i got a working setup by hooking up 44 MK2 boilers to 4 vanilla steam turbines that i found out in the wild, that produces 180MW at 60 steam/sec.

Edit: Okey I see now that wood bricks actually exists within angels bioprocessing mod.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Erkigmo »

Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:58 pm
Another thing is when i loaded my old save I can remember i had one boiler connected to 2 steam engines, but now vanilla boiler outputs 7.5 steam/sec and vanilla steam engine needs 15/sec to produce 7.3 MW, and bob's mk2 boiler produces 5.7 steam/sec and MK2 steam engine consumes 30/sec and produce 9MW. So i would need 5.3 MK2 boilers for every MK2 steam engine. (It was years ago i played vanilla and maybe they changed how this works?) But i've played with bob's power before and then it has been scaled up proportionally to upgrade from 1 to 2, so you can smack down mk2 boiler and mk2 steam engine and have the same setup.
Pyanodons Coal Processing did, in fact change the ratio of boilers to engines, but they hardcoded it only for the MK1 steam engines, as not hardcoding it would be basically impossible. I have not gotten around to changing the boilers/engines in Bob's power yet, which is why the ratio is off.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by phooenix »

Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:27 pm
Pyanodons Coal Processing did, in fact change the ratio of boilers to engines, but they hardcoded it only for the MK1 steam engines, as not hardcoding it would be basically impossible. I have not gotten around to changing the boilers/engines in Bob's power yet, which is why the ratio is off.
I see, so bob's power will have the same ratio as MK1 steam engines do then if i'm interprenting what you are saying right? so 2 boilers to one engine?
That sounds more reasonable, and after all you'd want to get an incentive to actually push to better fuel/better energy generation etc. but 5 to 1 seems a little too far off.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Ores and aluminium.

Post by phooenix »

When loading new terrain i sometimes get errors in log about failing to find ores, and it was basic ores like nickel and tin i think. I guess it's from bobores and that it conflicts with pyrawores or something but it worked before and i think it said back then that they should work (maybe this have changed?) or it's the resource spawner overhaul that's the culprit.

And I noticed that there is no recipe anywhere to smelt regular aluminium ore, i still had a pretty simple early setup for that, that stopped working because it mines the wrong aluminium ore. Could this be because this aluminium ore shouldn't actually exists? (this is an old ore patch) Kind of feels like it since other ores fails to spawn in. That the only way to get it is through refining jivolite and crotinium and rubyite? But on the other hand when i took a little venture to explore and got those ore spawning errors for nickel and tin, this type of aluminium ore patch still spawned in succesfully.

I can remember when i looked into this further that bobores is a dependency to bobplates, and that bobplates is dependency to a bunch of other bob's mods.
Anyway you are the expert here.

Sorry for spamming here or what you'd call it, the intention is not to force you to help me with things that is offtopic to your modfix, but it's hard for me to know if it's something related or not. But i would be very happy if you'd help me anyway but i respect if you decline.

Here is picture of the ore in recipe book and the ore patch, i can mine it but don't do anything with it :lol:

Now i have other means to get aluminium so i'm not locked but feels wierd to have ore patches laying around that don't do anything, and that it's trying to load in ores that doesn't exist feels unstable.
I also think im lagging more now than before when generating terrain. It freezes like a second or two from time to time, even if i got an even beefier computer now than before, but this is not really important i just wanted to say it, might give you some clues. I have quite alot of enemies after all, and maybe the sprites have gotten a little more resource intensive or something from last time.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Erkigmo »

Wood now burns, and the boiler/engine ratio has been changed to match Py's.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Ores and aluminium.

Post by Erkigmo »

Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:15 pm
And I noticed that there is no recipe anywhere to smelt regular aluminium ore, i still had a pretty simple early setup for that, that stopped working because it mines the wrong aluminium ore. Could this be because this aluminium ore shouldn't actually exists? (this is an old ore patch) Kind of feels like it since other ores fails to spawn in. That the only way to get it is through refining jivolite and crotinium and rubyite? But on the other hand when i took a little venture to explore and got those ore spawning errors for nickel and tin, this type of aluminium ore patch still spawned in succesfully.
Pyanodons Raw Ores' aluminum should produce bob's aluminum when mined, thanks for letting me know!

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Erkigmo »

Sorry for spamming here or what you'd call it, the intention is not to force you to help me with things that is offtopic to your modfix, but it's hard for me to know if it's something related or not. But i would be very happy if you'd help me anyway but i respect if you decline.
It's fine. If something isn't working correctly, I would like to hear it. Feedback is always appreciated.

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Erkigmo »

Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:10 am
Pyanodons Raw Ores' aluminum should produce bob's aluminum when mined, thanks for letting me know!
It has been fixed now

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by phooenix »

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:52 pm
It has been fixed now
Awesome
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:55 pm
It's fine. If something isn't working correctly, I would like to hear it. Feedback is always appreciated.
Well you'll probably hear more from me then :D

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Crawler construction vehicle fuel and vehicle grid fuel

Post by phooenix »

I think you forgot to add the "wood" tag as fuel for the crawler construction vehicle and the burner generator for vehicle grids, it looks like it's the same problem as the MK2 boiler had.

And i was skimming through the recipe book and found that i can make "powered rails" that transmit power by only using 4 copper wires as ingredients to produce 2 powered rails. I would believe that a logical recipe would be 2x rails + 4 copper wires = 2 powered rails. Or something like that.

I tried putting the images in spoilers to avoid cluttering the forum but it didn't seem to work, you can't do that?

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Crawler construction vehicle fuel and vehicle grid fuel

Post by Erkigmo »

Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:22 pm
And i was skimming through the recipe book and found that i can make "powered rails" that transmit power by only using 4 copper wires as ingredients to produce 2 powered rails. I would believe that a logical recipe would be 2x rails + 4 copper wires = 2 powered rails. Or something like that.
What mod adds the powered rails?
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:22 pm
I think you forgot to add the "wood" tag as fuel for the crawler construction vehicle and the burner generator for vehicle grids, it looks like it's the same problem as the MK2 boiler had.
Should be an easy fix.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Powered rails

Post by phooenix »

Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:02 pm
What mod adds the powered rails?
Okey it was apperently the bio industries mod but it showed up in Angel's vehicles tab when i looked it up in sandbox, so nvm then x)

But i'm a little confused how this showing of mods is supposed to be "read"? The item says Bio industries -> combat mechanics overhaul but the recipe is Bio industries -> angel's refining -> pyanodons post processing -> Pyanodons post processing touched by an angel

Erkigmo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Powered rails

Post by Erkigmo »

Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 pm
But i'm a little confused how this showing of mods is supposed to be "read"? The item says Bio industries -> combat mechanics overhaul but the recipe is Bio industries -> angel's refining -> pyanodons post processing -> Pyanodons post processing touched by an angel
That means that bioindustries and combat mechanics overhaul changed the item, while Bio industries, angel's refining, pyanodons post processing, and Pyanodons post processing touched by an angel changed the recipe.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Powered rails

Post by phooenix »

Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:42 pm
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 pm
That means that bioindustries and combat mechanics overhaul changed the item, while Bio industries, angel's refining, pyanodons post processing, and Pyanodons post processing touched by an angel changed the recipe.
Okey as i suspected then, but wasn't sure if i were right. Thanks.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Sodium carbonate and Sodium hydroxide, inserter and splitter filter.

Post by phooenix »

When fixing my sodium carbonate supply i noticed that the new sodium carbonate is like a carton and the one i had before was like a round object. I've had similar problems all over the place but it's been easily fixed just by clearing all belts and letting the new item start to flow and changing filter on inserters where needed. But the new "carton" sodium carbonate doesn't exist in inserters filter menu, only the round object that (should?) be replaced. I can of course manage by using whitelist on carbon on one and blacklist on carbon on the other, but still... there seems something fishy is going on here.

Upon delving deeper it seems like the sodium hydroxide icon has the same problem in inserter and splitter filter, that it shows the old icon. Salt also...Just looked up a few, so it looks like a reoccuring problem (for me atleast).

While fixing this production chain i also noticed that sodium hydroxide got a new item so i did the same there and it all seems to just be a switch that's needed, but i noticed in recipe book that the other sodium hydroxide is still used to make silver zinc batteries, and there is only one recipe for it.

I'm illustrating both issues in the same image. It's a little messy :D the filter issue is at the top and the zinc battery recipe issue at the bottom.

Return to β€œMods”