[MOD] [1.1] SigmaOne's Nuclear

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD] [0.15.X] SigmaOne's Nuclear

Post by Northgate »

It's called Fluorite. I'm not sure whether it's the same thing but the names are very similar.

Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD] [0.15.X] SigmaOne's Nuclear

Post by Sigma1 »

I think mine was fluorine, I'll write a patch at some point
she/they

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD] [0.16.X] SigmaOne's Nuclear

Post by Splicer9 »

Cool mod, thanks! BTW the RTG uses a solar panel icon on the power graph. Also, is it possible to make the RTG emulate the RITEG mod more? For example, instead of a steady 49.9kw, make it produce 600kw and then taper down the power production exponentially to a very slow steady rate that runs out (i think it runs out?) and make it so it damages the RTG over time simultaneously (unrepairable) or something similar to this effect. I just dont see myself using it as much as it stands right now in my personal opinion with the room it takes up and power it produces. I think it would be fun to have to worry about later down the line that the power it produces will be nearly useless and I will have to replace or make power another way and it would seem more realistic. If you wanted you could even make a dependency to the RITEG mods' RITEG entity and have an option in the mod settings to turn off this generator? Again, these are only my opinions, love the mod nevertheless, thanks for your submission. :)
EDIT: Please don't take my post personal. Your recipe and graphics are better, I'm just not crazy about the way yours functions is all. Thinking about it, Im guessing perhaps you didnt like the function of the RITEG because it will visually produce a health bar on the entity to simulate a "depletion" function. That of which is unsightly/annoying to some players I'm guessing?

Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sigma1 »

I'll look into making it work like the RITEG if it is installed or something similar. The solar panel icon I think I forgot in there. It will be fixed next release.
she/they

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

Thank you sir, I appreciate it. :D

subjagator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by subjagator »

Great mod, loving it so far but I am having an issue.
I seem to have access to way more Uranium ore than fluorine ore. I have barely scratched my first uranium outpost and have already completely tapped out 3 fluorine deposits and am struggling to find more. You need 6 fluorine for every uranium so I was expecting to be able to find and get fluorine at a much larger rate. MY first Uranium patch was over 3Mil I think and even now I can barely find a fluorine patch about 2Mil. I do have a few other mods installed and RSO so maybe that is messing with the spawn or maybe I changed some of the settings at map gen I am not sure. Can you say if the Uranium/fluorine supply/demand is supposed to be more balanced?

A suggestion. Have a second way of processing uranium, a much more inefficient process which only uses Uranium ore without fluorine. It should only return Uranium-238 and probably at smaller quantities than normal. That way if you run out of fluorine but still have tons of Uranium ore you can still process it and convert it with a breeding cycle but it would be only used if you have no way of getting fluorine.

Return to “Mods”