Electric Boiler
  • Name: Electric Boiler
  • Version: 0.15 - 0.16
  • Factorio-Version: 0.15.15
  • Description: Adds Electric boilers to the game
  • License: GNU GPLv3
  • Release: 2017-05-13
  • Download-Url: Download
  • Dependencies: base >= 0.15.1 ? bobpower >=0.16.5.
  • Category: Power Production
  • Tags: Power Production
long description
changelog
Last edited by Mobius1 on Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xenomorph
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Electric Boiler

Post by Xenomorph »

Why does the boiler has pollution?

Power up a heating with electric energy does not make any pollution.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

"Where there's heat there's pollution", since you're converting electricity into heat, some materials will degrade over time and will burn from that heat, hence the pollution. Its there to simulate that behavior.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Just one less thing I need to worry about for coal. Will check it out

Xenomorph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xenomorph »

I chanced the entities.lua and so my boilers has no more pollution :)

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Hi Mobius1
Pls can u update this mod for 0.16 and add support for bob's mods with mk2 mk3 and mk4 tiers?
Okey here's error when launch - i changed info.json by myself and what i have https://yadi.sk/i/3LY81aUU3Uf9gz
Some error with icon

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Hello,
Working on the changes you've suggested, so far the skeleton of the changes is ready just needs testing.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

So far the vanilla part is working but the bob's integration is getting a little more complicated to make it work.
Should I release the 0.16 patch already and then just update with bob's integration or should I launch both at the same time?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Mod ported to 0.16 with support for bob's mods. Looking forward for your feedback on how I can improve the mod as it needs balancing.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Mobius1 wrote:Mod ported to 0.16 with support for bob's mods. Looking forward for your feedback on how I can improve the mod as it needs balancing.
Yes all works good :D Big thanks 8-)
I can use it with PY Hi-Tech https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyhightech to use steam for some buildings like clay pit which requires common steam

BrisingrAerowing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BrisingrAerowing »

Apparently this mod depends on something called 'advanced-processing-unit' for the recipe. What mod is that from? The two deps listed on the download page are both optional.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

BrisingrAerowing wrote:Apparently this mod depends on something called 'advanced-processing-unit' for the recipe. What mod is that from? The two deps listed on the download page are both optional.
You're probably using one of bob's mods, that's why you get the error. You would need bobelectronics as well as bobplates as the mod depends on bob's MK2, MK3 and MK4 boilers to work, to produce a MK4 boiler you need advanced processing units, the blue chips.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Electric Boiler for factorio 0.17

Post by Anson »

on starting up factorio 0.17.2, i got the following error :

Failed to load mods:
Error while loading item prototype "electric-boiler" (item): Unknown flag "goes-to-quickbar"
Modifications: Electric Boiler
Mods to be disabled: electricboiler

is this error caused by this mod, or by using a prototype that another mod modified ?

in any case, one of the mod authors seems to have only changed the version number in the Json to 0.17 without adjusting anything else in the mod, and thus still uses the flag "goes-to-quickbar" although version 0.17 no longer has a quickbar that can take items. and then not even once started up factorio 0.17 before publishing the 0.17 version :-(

Autolykos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Autolykos »

Hi!
Really like your mod (should be in the base game) but it's hard to tell apart from the regular boiler.
So I took the liberty to add an electric blue glow to the icon & entity.
Logic and graphics is based on adamo's Gas Boiler.
Feel free to incorporate it into future versions if you like it.
I haven't tested it with Bob's Mods, though - that might still require some work.
Attachments
electric-boiler_0.17.4.zip
Patch with blue glow.
(155.87 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

paradineai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by paradineai »

Can you alter this so that it uses 750kw instead of 1mw while stile providing the same amount of steam?
(this will leave 150kw from steam engine available for base)

Also can you add 2-3 more tiers of this so that each tier will increase the amount of steam output by 50% compared to previous tier.
(example: tier 1 [current] 30 units of steam, tier 2 =45, tier 3 =67.5, tier 4 =101.25) all tiers use same amount of power.

As is 1 steam engine uses 30 units of steam and has max output of 900kw.
So at tier 1 draw of 750kw power and output of 30 units of steam leaves 150kw for base use.
At tier 2 you can run a second engine at 50% output or use 2 tier 2 electric boilers to run 3 engines.
At tier 3 you can run 2 engines from 1 electric boiler with a bit extra steam left over.

I would still use a solar panel to provide any extra power base needs or to make sure this keeps running.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

paradineai wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 am
Can you alter this so that it uses 750kw instead of 1mw while stile providing the same amount of steam?
(this will leave 150kw from steam engine available for base)
The electric boiler as I made,wasn't meant for infinite free energy production, the energy it outputs is the same energy it consumes, so there's no gain in the process.
paradineai wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 am
Also can you add 2-3 more tiers of this so that each tier will increase the amount of steam output by 50% compared to previous tier.
(example: tier 1 [current] 30 units of steam, tier 2 =45, tier 3 =67.5, tier 4 =101.25) all tiers use same amount of power.

As is 1 steam engine uses 30 units of steam and has max output of 900kw.
So at tier 1 draw of 750kw power and output of 30 units of steam leaves 150kw for base use.
At tier 2 you can run a second engine at 50% output or use 2 tier 2 electric boilers to run 3 engines.
At tier 3 you can run 2 engines from 1 electric boiler with a bit extra steam left over.

I would still use a solar panel to provide any extra power base needs or to make sure this keeps running.
The tiered version of the electric boiler works with bob's energy, plates and electronics being the same as his fueled boilers but instead of fuel consumption, its electric consumption. To add tiered versions on a vanilla game, it would make it a lot more standalone than what I'd like, it was meant to be only a small modification of the current entities in the game.

Sorry for the late response, I normally answer faster the modportal discussion tab as it notifies me quicker than here for some reason.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Autolykos wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:53 am
Hi!
Really like your mod (should be in the base game) but it's hard to tell apart from the regular boiler.
So I took the liberty to add an electric blue glow to the icon & entity.
Logic and graphics is based on adamo's Gas Boiler.
Feel free to incorporate it into future versions if you like it.
I haven't tested it with Bob's Mods, though - that might still require some work.
Thanks for that tint, and sorry for almost forgetting to reply here, I'll work on applying your tint on the boiler for the next release. I'll try to apply it for 0.17 as well but that will be the last update of it.

Return to “Mods”