Topics and discussion about specific mods
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 1.1] Loader Redux

Post by Optera »

Type: Mod
Name: Loader Redux
Description: Adds Loaders. Rewritten add-loader with new loader snapping logic and graphics from Arch666Angel. Incompatible with Loader Snapping.
License: MIT
Source: GitHub
Download: mods.factorio.com
Version: 1.8.0
Release: 2022-04-18
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 1.1
Category: Logistics
Tags: Logistics

Long Description:
Adds the hidden loader entities into the game.

Features:
Graphics from Arch666Angel, updated by Kirazy
Fully supports BobLogistics 0.15.1 upwards. Moved to https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux-BobLogistics
Loader Snapping works for all belt entities, including both underground belt exits.

Credits:
kij336 - add-loader
Arch666Angel, Kirazy - graphics
Nexela, ReverseStateMonad - train worker rewrite

Articulating - original Loader Snapping
Last edited by Optera on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:31 am, edited 41 times in total.

SHADOW13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Loader Redux 0.2.5

Post by SHADOW13 »

I'm getting error: (0.15.13)

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: __LoaderRedux__/data.lua:1: Loader snapping is built into LoaderRedux, Please disable loader-snapping to use LoaderRedux
the error was bit confusing
I had https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Articula ... tation-Fix installed - removed it and working fine
Last edited by SHADOW13 on Wed May 24, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It tells you exactly what you need to do to keep using Loader Redux

Either disable loader redux or disable the loader snapping mod.

SHADOW13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SHADOW13 »

Thanks Nexela, it was actually "Loader-Rotation-Fix" mod ... name confusion over "loader-snapping"

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

SHADOW13 wrote:Thanks Nexela, it was actually "Loader-Rotation-Fix" mod ... name confusion over "loader-snapping"
Doh I guess it would help if it said the correct mod name :)

tincopper2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Loader Redux 0.2.7

Post by tincopper2 »

Direction is not correct when placing loader vertically next to a chest, it forces it to be placed in the opposite direction that I place it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5RAnLg-C8

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

tincopper2 wrote:Direction is not correct when placing loader vertically next to a chest, it forces it to be placed in the opposite direction that I place it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5RAnLg-C8
Irrelevant. Loaders need a belt entity on one side to work.

Marcontian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marcontian »

Loader Snapping bug.

There appears to be a rotation issue with loaders placed in the vertical direction. If in vertical alignment starting at the bottom with no space between... a belt, a chest, a loader, a belt with goods exists. The loader will fail consistently to snap properly to the chest. It seems as though the loader is misreading the chest as a segment of the belt beneath the chest.

Removing the belt beneath the chest restores functionality. This bug only occurs in vertical alignment.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Marcontian wrote:Loader Snapping bug.

There appears to be a rotation issue with loaders placed in the vertical direction. If in vertical alignment starting at the bottom with no space between... a belt, a chest, a loader, a belt with goods exists. The loader will fail consistently to snap properly to the chest. It seems as though the loader is misreading the chest as a segment of the belt beneath the chest.

Removing the belt beneath the chest restores functionality. This bug only occurs in vertical alignment.
Fixed in 0.2.8
These configurations work properly again. Unless another mod changes selection boxes of belts or loaders.
2017-06-01-10-05-23-6564648.jpg
2017-06-01-10-05-23-6564648.jpg (60.04 KiB) Viewed 39655 times

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Loader Redux 0.2.8

Post by Djohaal »

Thanks for the great job resurrecting these wonderful contraptions. I'd suggest making filter-capable loaders an separate (and more expensive, maybe MK2 circuit-tier) more expensive/complex version for balancing out their incredible versatility.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Djohaal wrote:Thanks for the great job resurrecting these wonderful contraptions. I'd suggest making filter-capable loaders an separate (and more expensive, maybe MK2 circuit-tier) more expensive/complex version for balancing out their incredible versatility.
Even burner inserter can be circuit controlled now, something loaders can't. I think that's enough drawback for loaders.

Perhaps the recipes should be more expensive.
A yellow loader takes 47.5 iron plates and 15 copper plates while a stack inserter takes 55 iron plates, 32 copper plates, 2 plastic bars.
Upgrading loaders loaders only takes more iron, it should also take more copper and oil.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Loader Redux 1.0.0

Post by Optera »

Recipes have been rewritten to match upgrade progression of belts and inserters. I balanced their total raw material costs to be slightly below inserters/stack inserters required to produce a compressed belt.
New Recipes use intermediates from bobplates (Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates) if installed.

New Recipes:
Loader:
5x inserter
5x transport-belt
10x electronic-circuit
10x iron-plate

Fast-Loader:
1x loader
20x iron-gear-wheel
20x electronic-circuit
1x advanced-circuit

Express Loader:
1x fast-loader
20x iron-gear-wheel
20x advanced-circuit
40x lubricant

With BobLogistics:
Faster loader:
1x express-loader
20x advanced-circuit
1x processing-unit
20x iron-gear-wheel (without BobPlates)
OR
10x titanium-bearing (with BobPlates)
20x titanium-gear-wheel (with BobPlates)

Extremely fast loader:
1x Faster loader
20x processing-unit
20x iron-gear-wheel (without BobPlates)
OR
10x nitinol-bearing (with BobPlates)
20x nitinol-gear-wheel (with BobPlates)

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Optera wrote:Even burner inserter can be circuit controlled now, something loaders can't. I think that's enough drawback for loaders.
I came here to ask if it would be possible to set filters based on circuit connections. It seems a bit odd to me that it's missing considering that more or less everything else can be controlled with circuit signals, particularly if you add other mods (crafting combinators, multiple train control mods etc).

I'm not sure loaders needs a drawback as such. It's a more advanced technology, though I agree they might be a bit too cheap to build, particularly high tiers.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Nightinggale wrote:
Optera wrote:Even burner inserter can be circuit controlled now, something loaders can't. I think that's enough drawback for loaders.
I came here to ask if it would be possible to set filters based on circuit connections. It seems a bit odd to me that it's missing considering that more or less everything else can be controlled with circuit signals, particularly if you add other mods (crafting combinators, multiple train control mods etc).

I'm not sure loaders needs a drawback as such. It's a more advanced technology, though I agree they might be a bit too cheap to build, particularly high tiers.
Loaders don't have a circuit connection, everything would have to be added in lua through fake entity and constant polling.
Use 20+ loader connected to cargo-wagons to see what such constant polling in lua does to performance and why I'm not going to implement any more such features.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Optera wrote:Loaders don't have a circuit connection, everything would have to be added in lua through fake entity and constant polling.
Use 20+ loader connected to cargo-wagons to see what such constant polling in lua does to performance and why I'm not going to implement any more such features.
That's actually a really good point. My plan was to use 3 and I would be ok with them being CPU intensive, but I figure there are people who assumes if you can use one, you can use 200. I guess there is always plan B where you use filter inserters and they all unload in the same chest and that chest has a loader to unload it. The main benefit of using a loader directly is reduced space and simplicity in building.

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Loader Redux 1.1.1

Post by adamcirillo »

Is there a chance for you to implement a feature for the filter where you can choose which side of the belt the loader unloads onto so for eq I can have iron plates on the left side and copper plates on the right?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

adamcirillo wrote:Is there a chance for you to implement a feature for the filter where you can choose which side of the belt the loader unloads onto so for eq I can have iron plates on the left side and copper plates on the right?
No, that would need to implemented disgustingly slow placing items one by one on each line of the belt. (The same way traincar unloading currently is)
Having every loader do that would make the game unplayable slow after placing only a few dozen.

If you want mixed belts use 2 loaders, each with a different filter, and merge them in one belt with side loading.

slimepuke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by slimepuke »

Hey, just wanted to drop in to report that after adding Loader Redux 1.1.1 to my game,
Belt Sorter 0.4.1 subsequently stopped working, not showing the filter configuration upon clicking on it, instead showing the circuit conditions (?) interface. It works normally after disabling the mod. The loaders are neat and the graphics fit great, hopefully there's a simple remedy to be found here. Alternatively a kind of filter loader would remove the need for the belt sorter (for me)

Sorry, can't post URLs in my first post, but the Belt Sorter thread by judos lives in

Board index ‹ Contributions ‹ Mods ‹ Mods for 0.12+ ‹ General 'The Big Mess' Mods

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

slimepuke wrote:Hey, just wanted to drop in to report that after adding Loader Redux 1.1.1 to my game,
Belt Sorter 0.4.1 subsequently stopped working, not showing the filter configuration upon clicking on it, instead showing the circuit conditions (?) interface. It works normally after disabling the mod. The loaders are neat and the graphics fit great, hopefully there's a simple remedy to be found here. Alternatively a kind of filter loader would remove the need for the belt sorter (for me)

Sorry, can't post URLs in my first post, but the Belt Sorter thread by judos lives in

Board index ‹ Contributions ‹ Mods ‹ Mods for 0.12+ ‹ General 'The Big Mess' Mods
Loader Redux will conflict with any mods changing base game hidden loaders or use events to change loaders (loader snapping).

Loader have 5 filter slots and better performance than any lua scripted alternative (except when used on cargo wagons, I've added that functionality in lua). One chest with 1 input and 3 filtered output loader is equivalent in functionality to belt sorter.

slimepuke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by slimepuke »

Shit, you know what, I didn't actually explore the mod enough and I now see that when you click on the loader it does indeed have a filter interface, my bad.
Awesome, I'll probably do the method you just outlined with the chest. Thanks for your response!

Return to “Mods”