[MOD 0.12.X] Explosive Termites 1.1.7: extreme deforestation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Explosive Termites 1.1.5: extreme deforesta

Post by Rseding91 »

Tom_The_Hero1 wrote:i dont know if you remember me but schmendrick once got you to my livestream but i had a problem today when i wanted to go livestream some multiplayer with one of my friends both this mod and landfill made me desync over and over again i didn't even get a chance to move :/

anyways once it is fixet i will start using it once again because i hate trees that are in my way -_-
What do I need to do to reproduce the desync? I've used the mod on MP multiple times without any issues as well as others.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Unless you've had a stable Vanilla/stock MP session with the with the other players, then you should consider something about the connection to be the problem rather than a mod.
If all parties involved have already had a stable session on the version of the game being used, then don't mind me.
Just putting this out there because there are a number of abnormal* connection configurations that Factorio currently can't traverse.

*Abnormal being anything other than a computer connecting to a router, that's connected to the internet, with Factorio's port opened.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

well once i removed those 2 mods multiplayer was working fine and i had no other mods toggled on btw i'm using factorio 0.11.6 jsut in case you could use that :/

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tom_The_Hero1 wrote:well once i removed those 2 mods multiplayer was working fine and i had no other mods toggled on btw i'm using factorio 0.11.6 jsut in case you could use that :/
Try adding them back and see if it desyncs. Without a method to reproduce the desync I'm going to say it's just one of the many desync bugs in 0.11.6 that may or may not be fixed in 0.11.10.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Explosive Termites 1.1.6: extreme deforestation

Post by Peter34 »

I have no clue about what this mod does. I mean, yes, it removes Trees, but I don't know how fast it does it, and I especially don't know the radius of the effect per dropped Termite. I don't know, based on the contents of the 1st post, if I'll need 6-7 units of Termites just to remove a tiny patch of Trees or if I'll deforest a 150x150 tile area just by throwing 1 Termite.

And in what sense are Alien Termites better? How much better are they?

I like numbers. The OP contains few, if any, of those.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Explosive Termites 1.1.6: extreme deforestation

Post by Rseding91 »

Peter34 wrote:I have no clue about what this mod does. I mean, yes, it removes Trees, but I don't know how fast it does it, and I especially don't know the radius of the effect per dropped Termite. I don't know, based on the contents of the 1st post, if I'll need 6-7 units of Termites just to remove a tiny patch of Trees or if I'll deforest a 150x150 tile area just by throwing 1 Termite.

And in what sense are Alien Termites better? How much better are they?

I like numbers. The OP contains few, if any, of those.
There's a video on the front post.

Return to “Mods”