[MOD 0.10.X] Neferpitou's Mod Collection V0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Neferpitou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.10.X] Neferpitou's Mod Collection V0.1

Post by Neferpitou »

Well, since I registered I figured I'd post my works, all of them so far are purely for convenience and some(or all) could be considered cheats, so be warned.

Since there are more than 3(currently 4) mods, I've posted 3 as attachments, and one in mediafire.

Now, let me explain what each mod does.

MorePower.zip is a simple mod that changes water to output more power with a steam engine by increasing its base and max heat. NOT Tested yet, due to an error with another mod which made me unable to use all mods. I'll test it as soon as possible, but meanwhile use it at your own discretion. Should be pretty safe, but you've been warned. It's sort of a cheat mod at the moment due to increasing the base heat to 100, and the max to above 100(not sure if the latter change works), hence why it needs to be tested.

Longer Fuel.zip is a simple mod that makes fuel last waaay longer(100x). Only changes coal and solid fuel. Useful for people who don't like to add fuel all the time to things, or want to spend less energy mining coal. At any rate it *is* a cheat mod, in my opinion. Finished, but may make other versions that change it by lesser amounts later.

Infinite Resources.zip adds the oil property of infinite to other resources such as coal, copper, iron, etc. It seems to be working more or less, but still not quite infinite. It changes a lot.Still in progress, though, so don't use it in your main game at least. Do use it for testing if you want to help me out though, as I'll update it to fix its issues soon. It also changes the hardness and mining time on the other resources such as coal, copper, iron, etc. thus making them quicker to obtain. After doing that change, however, they are depleting like oil does(100% yield per unit), hence why I need some help figuring out a change to make it infinite-ish again. I've changed the richness to try and fix that, but haven't tested that yet, so unsure if it helps, bugs out, or whatever happens.

BetterSteam.zip is an attempt to increase a little the efficiency of the Steam Engine, however it hasn't been tested, so I recommend just using the water heat mod over it for the time being. Both haven't been tested, but the water heat mod only changes heat and a few other minor things, while this mod changes the water usage and some other things, which do not sound as safe. Besides, the Water mod should be more efficient in case they do work.

All of the above mods are still in experimental stages, except for the fuel mod which works as intended and does not need any more changes. Perhaps other versions will be made in the future. So all of them are considered V0.1, except for the fuel mod(V1.0). Do not use any of the mods besides the fuel mod in your main game, and if possible avoid using them all in your main game. The fuel mod has been tested, but it's still cheat-y and not recommended for your main game as it's intended for a side game, to learn the game's features,how to design a factory and other things without worrying about fuel.

Links below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/admyx ... _Power.zip
Longer Fuel.zip
Makes fuel last 100 times longer. Good for those who don't like to refuel all the time, specially if they don't know how to automate refueling/can't do it for some reason.
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Infinite Resources.zip
Makes every basic resource work like oil, mine them faster, and increase their base and multiplier to make them almost infinite while easy to get.
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Better Steam.zip
Slight Changes to Steam Engine
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

Neferpitou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.X] Neferpitou's Mod Collection V0.1

Post by Neferpitou »

I've done some changes to the Infinite Resources file since, so I'm posting to update a bit.

I've removed the infinite tag, and instead improved its richness so that most resource nodes come in the 100's of thousands. so 100,000 copper in a single spot, for example.

This effectively removes the issue where they depleted just as fast as the original ones(plus makes it easier to track the remainder, without tools).

Couldn't make it infinite, but well, on a map with many nodes with every single one on very big/very rich sizes and richnesses, it should be more than enough.

Seems I can't update the main post, hence why I made this reply, by the way.

Hope this helps at all for some people. I've made these mods to make it faster to figure out how to do things, by removing other things from your mind such as resource amount, fuel amount, energy output(mostly)...

I'll update the steam/power mods next, if need be, first I'll test them :)

Here is the updated Infinite resources:
Infinite Resources.zip
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

orion420
Inserter
Inserter

Post by orion420 »

Sounds Cool man not really my gaming stile but sound like a lot of tinkering to get this to work.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

The output of a steam engine is equal to water's max temperature minus its default temperature, multiplied by its heat_capacity, and then multiplied by the steam engine's water usage (and effectivity). Increasing the absolute temperatures of water do nothing, fluids are simply a carrier for energy as simulated in the game.

Why would you upload a completely untested mod in the "Mod" forum when there is a "Work in Progress" forum?
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Neferpitou wrote:NOT Tested yet, due to an error with another mod which made me unable to use all mods.
I've changed the richness to try and fix that, but haven't tested that yet, so unsure if it helps, bugs out, or whatever happens.
Both haven't been tested, but the water heat mod only changes heat and a few other minor things, while this mod changes the water usage and some other things, which do not sound as safe. Besides, the Water mod should be more efficient in case they do work.
All of the above mods are still in experimental stages, except for the fuel mod which works as intended and does not need any more changes.
I move that now to work in progress mods cause for me it looks exactly like that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Mods”