Topics and discussion about specific mods
rasser0759
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by rasser0759 »

Choumiko wrote:New version: The Fat Controller 0.3.15
  • fix typo, preventing unlocking after research
If you already have rail-signals (not rails-signals :mrgreen: ) researched and the button shows up there's no need to update.
rasser0759 wrote:Hi when i try to run Factorio, i get this error "(player): using axially_symmetrical with just 1 direction"
I hope someone can help me out with this :D
What Factorio/FatController version? Or delete the FatController zip/folder and try again, if it still shows the error without it then it's something else

I say thank you for the update :D it was all that i needed.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Choumiko wrote:Scans for trains when TFC get's added to a save or updated from older versions.
Using 0.3.15, this doesn't appear to work completely yet. I just had a train that I had set to wait forever on condition empty using SmartTrains, and it only got added after that condition was met and the train started moving

If it's relevant, I upgraded from 0.3.14 where I ran into the unlock problem, so it wasn't active yet. To troubleshoot that, I did a save without the mod and then re-added 0.3.14, which obviously didn't fix it because 0.3.15 did. :) I started the game with a version before that, probably 0.3.11 as I don't have 12 or 13 on my PC.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Boogieman14 wrote:If it's relevant, I upgraded from 0.3.14 where I ran into the unlock problem, so it wasn't active yet.
That's probably it, the code from 0.3.15 looks like this

Code: Select all

if not oldVersion or oldVersion < "0.3.14" then
      findTrains()
    end
So another typo/oversight :roll: I'll hold of with another update (to many small ones for my taste lately).
If you (or anyone else) has a lot of stopped/manual controlled trains and want them to show up in TFC, just disable it, load+save, reenable and load. Should work then. For later versions it will work as advertised.

Edit: In case you update a save where you are remote controlling a train and can't switch back: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 52#p115852

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Enabling TFC (0.3.15) causes stuttering when fast-replacing transport belts, disabling solves issue completely. Any clue on why it does that?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

SuicidalKid wrote:Enabling TFC (0.3.15) causes stuttering when fast-replacing transport belts, disabling solves issue completely. Any clue on why it does that?
(Probably) fixed if you use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... ontrol.lua as the control.lua for The Fat Controller.
If it's fixed: There was an event when an entity died/was mined that wasn't filtered to the types TFC would care about and so got run way too often. I guess you have quite a lot of trains? Fast replacing would cause it to be even worse, since that's a very quick way to mine a item.
Will make a proper release some time soon.

This control.lua should also swap players back to their real character when updating from versions < 0.3.14. If you want to be real safe: Don't upgrade a save where you are remote controlling a train :D

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Choumiko wrote:
(Probably) fixed if you use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... ontrol.lua as the control.lua for The Fat Controller.
If it's fixed: There was an event when an entity died/was mined that wasn't filtered to the types TFC would care about and so got run way too often. I guess you have quite a lot of trains? Fast replacing would cause it to be even worse, since that's a very quick way to mine a item.
Will make a proper release some time soon.

This control.lua should also swap players back to their real character when updating from versions < 0.3.14. If you want to be real safe: Don't upgrade a save where you are remote controlling a train :D
Using that control.lua completely fixed the issue, yay for no more stutters! Now back to adding another 15 trains to the network ;)
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New version: The Fat Controller 0.3.16
  • min Factorio 0.12.17
  • display localised name of liquids (railtanker)
  • follow last carriage if train is moving backwards (double headers)
  • fixed stuttering with lots of trains when fast replacing belts

SaxonHammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SaxonHammer »

Error while running the event handler: __TheFatController__/control.lua:295: attempt to index field 'guiSettings' (a nil value)
Hi - Just got the above message - I have version 0.12.18 running - the message occurs when trying to load a game.

You can start a new game without this error.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New version: The Fat Controller 0.3.17
  • updated for Factorio 0.12.19 (only necessary for multiplayer saves)
Note: For multiplayer: I think it's safest to only leave the game when not remote controlling a train. Not 100% sure what happens when that train get's destroyed/mined while the player is offline :D
SaxonHammer wrote:

Error while running the event handler: __TheFatController__/control.lua:295: attempt to index field 'guiSettings' (a nil value)
Hi - Just got the above message - I have version 0.12.18 running - the message occurs when trying to load a game.

What FatController version? 0.3.16 doesn't even try to access the field on that line :shock:

SaxonHammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SaxonHammer »

SaxonHammer wrote:

Fixed when I updated to new version of your mod and Factorio

wormmus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wormmus »

Works for 12.20. Thanks so much!

CLBB
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CLBB »

I get this error when I try to load a game with v3.15

Uknown key: "Error while running the on_intit:
__TheFatController__/control.lua: 160: User isn't connected; can't read character"

Any idea ?

Henkdohm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Henkdohm »

asdf
Last edited by Henkdohm on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Venom »

im also getting the same error message...im running a server.bat on another cpu and I get this error...I can get it to work in other saves...

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Have you guys tried the latest version: https://github.com/Choumiko/TheFatContr ... ag/v0.3.17 ? Should work with it, since there where changes in Factorio 012.19 that needed fixing.

pnlarsson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pnlarsson »

Hi,

with 0.3.17 I get: Unknown key:"Error while running the on_init: __TheFatController__/control.lua:149: Unknown style fatcontroller_thin_flow" when loading a save

/niklas

antisocialian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by antisocialian »

Hi, thanx for the mod :) I'm using the 0.3.17 version and I'm getting the error

_ _ TheFatController _ _/control.lua:210: LuaGuiElement API call when LuaGuiElement was invalid.
I had had a game that was singleplayer, then I loaded it as mutiplayer, then I went back to singleplayer and I was having issues with another mod(PersonalRoboportFix) so I ran the command

/c game.remove_offline_players()
and now this message is just spammed constantly.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New version: The Fat Controller 0.3.18
  • added command to remove invalid player data: /c remote.call("fat", "remove_invalid_players")
  • min. Factorio version is 0.12.20
antisocialian wrote:Hi, thanx for the mod :) I'm using the 0.3.17 version and I'm getting the error

_ _ TheFatController _ _/control.lua:210: LuaGuiElement API call when LuaGuiElement was invalid.
I had had a game that was singleplayer, then I loaded it as mutiplayer, then I went back to singleplayer and I was having issues with another mod(PersonalRoboportFix) so I ran the command

/c game.remove_offline_players()
and now this message is just spammed constantly.
Try the above command in the console, should be fixed then. If it fails, disable FAT, load the save, save it, enable FAT, load the save and it should work again

pnlarsson wrote:Hi,

with 0.3.17 I get: Unknown key:"Error while running the on_init: __TheFatController__/control.lua:149: Unknown style fatcontroller_thin_flow" when loading a save

/niklas
This sounds like you'll have to extract the zip.

antisocialian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by antisocialian »

Ty saving without and reloading with the new version worked! You're a lifesaver, I wouldn't be able to continue my Youtube series with the way it had been going :)

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

First: Great mod! I love it. :D :D

Now the bad news :D When using the smarter Circuit mod (see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... er+circuit) I get an error when starting a new game. I found out:

function init()
	if global.gateforce == nil then
		global.gateforce = game.create_force("gate")
	end
end
For some reason the actuator part creates a force during the on_init and on_load and your mod receives the event of this but you receive the event before your mod was initialized.
So:

local function init_force(force)
  global.trainsByForce[force.name] = global.trainsByForce[force.name] or {}
end
This crashes because the global.trainsByForce is nil.

I believe something like this might help: (At least that fixed the problem for me)

local function init_force(force)
	init_global() 
	global.trainsByForce[force.name] = global.trainsByForce[force.name] or {}
end
Thanks for keeping us up to date, also on the remote locations of our trains ;)

Return to “Mods”