[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by JamesOFarrell »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:I get a crash at line 780 of control.lua
That's a bug. It should be fixed in 0.2.1.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
PiggyWhiskey wrote:I get a crash at line 780 of control.lua
That's a bug. It should be fixed in 0.2.1.

Perfect! Thank you for the quick reply and action.

Edit: New issue.
I run my game with TimeButtons and get this crash whenever I select a different speed.

Nafen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nafen »

Can confirm I get same 'Error while running the event handler: __TheFatController__/control.lua:415: attempt to index field 'guiSettings' (a nil value)' when clicking a gui element from a different mod (galactic trade or thundergui both do this.)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Nafen wrote:Can confirm I get same 'Error while running the event handler: __TheFatController__/control.lua:415: attempt to index field 'guiSettings' (a nil value)' when clicking a gui element from a different mod (galactic trade or thundergui both do this.)
God damn! Fucking nil value errors. :D

I'll have a look when I get home tonight. I'll be doing something stupid like assuming that TFC is unlocked when it is not.

Edit: Yep, that's exactly what I did. I guess I shouldn't pull out so much code and not test everything. Fixing it now.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

One more time, v0.2.2 fixes your bug. Let me know when you find the next one. Hopefully it is not the same bug again, i would feel very foolish.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

No more bugs for me :)

Again, thank you for the quick response.

azurelinctus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by azurelinctus »

I have found a bug James, I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet or if you are still working on this due to it going into the game soon. If you have a name length of your station/stop that exceeds 25 characters the train will give a no path signal. My network worked fine until I added your mod to better manage what I had created, took me near an hour to work out the problem on one rail path containing 4 sets of trains on my loop system :0 , I thought initially that I had made a mistake with a signal or missing piece of straight track at cross junctions on one particular direction of the junction, even striping back entire sections of that path removing signals. It had me so frustrated I was going to throw the keyboard or something :). NIce mod works good now.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

azurelinctus wrote:I have found a bug James, I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet or if you are still working on this due to it going into the game soon. If you have a name length of your station/stop that exceeds 25 characters the train will give a no path signal. My network worked fine until I added your mod to better manage what I had created, took me near an hour to work out the problem on one rail path containing 4 sets of trains on my loop system :0 , I thought initially that I had made a mistake with a signal or missing piece of straight track at cross junctions on one particular direction of the junction, even striping back entire sections of that path removing signals. It had me so frustrated I was going to throw the keyboard or something :). NIce mod works good now.
Well, that is an odd bug for sure. I can't even imagine how that could happens to be honest. I'll see if I can replicate it tonight and get it fixed. I have a new version to post that fixes issues with larger saves so i''ll try and get this fix in there as well.

Edit: I can't reproduce this on my game, can you please post or PM me your save and mod folder so I can see the bug? I tried using a long station name station but nothing happened.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

My initial guess would be a non-alphanumeric character throwing a wrench in a parse somewhere. Just happened to be in this long name.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

[Moved to helper mods by Smarty]

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

New version fixes bugs that stop TFC loading in some saves. Should now work with the one minute rocket defense map floating around.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Initial version for 0.12 in the first post. Rseding has fixed the style bug so expect a new version sometime that brings back the style updates and also tracks which trains have players in them,

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by Koub »

Topic moved to Mods for 0.12 ‹ Helper mods (0.12)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Was unable to launch Fat controller in my v12 save after not playing with it for a little.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:Was unable to launch Fat controller in my v12 save after not playing with it for a little.
If you are updating from a version of TFC from before 0.2.0 you should remove the old TFC, open the save, save the game, install the new version and see how you go. If that doesn't work post your save and I'll see what is causing the issue

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:Was unable to launch Fat controller in my v12 save after not playing with it for a little.
If you are updating from a version of TFC from before 0.2.0 you should remove the old TFC, open the save, save the game, install the new version and see how you go. If that doesn't work post your save and I'll see what is causing the issue
I just re-rested it to get a screenshot of the error, but for some reason it launched.

But here is what i did.... create save on 0.11.22 with fat controller enabled. V12 comes out, install to a DIFFERENT directory. wait a hour and add updated mods except for TFC, played a bunch, saw TFC was updated and put it in, click save, load, error. No loading bar, just a window.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:I just re-rested it to get a screenshot of the error, but for some reason it launched.

But here is what i did.... create save on 0.11.22 with fat controller enabled. V12 comes out, install to a DIFFERENT directory. wait a hour and add updated mods except for TFC, played a bunch, saw TFC was updated and put it in, click save, load, error. No loading bar, just a window.
Actually, i noticed this myself but I figured that I had done something stupid so I ignored it. It is not just with TFC, when i was moving around mods while trying to get them updated to 0.12 I found that I had to launch the game twice to get it to pick up some of the new mods. I'll see if i can replicate it when I get home tonight so i can log a bug with Wube

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

Found a CTD bug with Fat Controller. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 287#p93287

Not sure if it's a vanilla bug, caused by you doing something odd in your "train view", or if it's your bug and you can fix it. Rather annoying though.

Watch out for crafting if you use the train views!
UPDATE: It appears to have been moved to "fixed for next release", which is nice.

meep249
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by meep249 »

Found an interesting bug.

Was playing multi-player with a friend, and was using the remote control camera to set up a train that was currently at an outpost.

He then crashed, and I was from then on unable to connect as the auto save from a few seconds before still had me in train view, and kept crashing my instance

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but couldn't find it going through the topic

Thank you for your time

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

Would it be possible to not trigger the 10 minute time for trains that are paused at stations? I have my Taxi trains / FARL set at stations, as do a lot of twitch streamers from what I understand. Maybe a sub-checkbox that says "Don't warn for paused trains."

Return to “Mods”