[0.11.13] RoadWorks 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Johntron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.10.3] RoadWorks 1.06 + Soundless version

Post by Johntron »

Roadkill! This mod needs roadkill. Maybe the varmin damage cars?

Littlefinger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Littlefinger »

It's late so please don't patronize me. :D

Was just wondering if this mod has been updated to work with the latest release?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

This mod is deeeeeeeaaaaaaad.

Phoenixwiger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phoenixwiger »

Well, the author is still alive.
Why doesn't author want update this? It makes game more real than before and I love it!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I can't say I'm surprised the mod is seen as dead, considering how long it has been since last update. But it's not, even though it wasn't progressing as fast as I would have hoped.

In fact, the next version is almost ready for release - from a gameplay standpoint it works, roads are in as well as their effect on cars and such. However there are some graphical glitches when playing two kinds of pavement together, which is no small issue since most people use the mod for aesthetics. Placing the pavement also lags a little. But if you people want, I can do a "pre-release" with the issues now so that you don't have to wait, and release a proper version later.

Also, bridges don't work yet. Or rather they do, but I stumbled upon a crash bug that I can't reproduce reliably enough to report it, so that will have to wait.

Larmantine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Larmantine »

Rahjital wrote:I can't say I'm surprised the mod is seen as dead, considering how long it has been since last update. But it's not, even though it wasn't progressing as fast as I would have hoped.

In fact, the next version is almost ready for release - from a gameplay standpoint it works, roads are in as well as their effect on cars and such. However there are some graphical glitches when playing two kinds of pavement together, which is no small issue since most people use the mod for aesthetics. Placing the pavement also lags a little. But if you people want, I can do a "pre-release" with the issues now so that you don't have to wait, and release a proper version later.

Also, bridges don't work yet. Or rather they do, but I stumbled upon a crash bug that I can't reproduce reliably enough to report it, so that will have to wait.
Yes, please do. It will also help you track down bugs via reporting from community.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.13] RoadWorks 2.0.0

Post by Rahjital »

Alright, no more waiting, there has been enough already.

Version 2.0.0 released
Changelog
Version 2.0.0 download here: https://db.tt/y8pC8Ibc

The pavement system was completely rewritten for this new version because the original had some unfixable bugs that made building roads unintuitive or even flat out allowed you to erase water in some circumstances. It was also impossible to make the road removable once it was placed. The new system is much better in all these aspects, but the disadvantage is that it's slow, very slow. For that reason, it can take some time before edges appear next to placed pavement. There might also be some new bugs, but I have not found any. Anyway, hope you people will enjoy it!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

This still isn't able to support multiplayer?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Does it work in MP?

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I tried to make it MP compatible, but I'm not sure whether it actually works because I have no way to test it.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Well, it runs in multiplayer. You can place tiles as normal. However, players get no speed boost from them. This is not certainty that it doesn't work, as I haven't done a single player test to see if you intentionally removed that. After all, the tooltip says nothing about player speed, even if the old version had that effect.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Decorative use is good enough, kinda. Great update!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I haven't gotten to reimplementing character speed boosts yet. There were some bugs with the last implementation and I need to make it MP compatible too. If the vehicle speed boosts work in MP, the player boosts should hopefully be in soon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Rahjital wrote:I haven't gotten to reimplementing character speed boosts yet. There were some bugs with the last implementation and I need to make it MP compatible too. If the vehicle speed boosts work in MP, the player boosts should hopefully be in soon.
a code that would be used to reset the recipe?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Rahjital wrote:I haven't gotten to reimplementing character speed boosts yet. There were some bugs with the last implementation and I need to make it MP compatible too. If the vehicle speed boosts work in MP, the player boosts should hopefully be in soon.

author I noticed a bug that if you put the tiles before as stone and Limestone Township, speed was higher now it is not. and the map does not change.

Chester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chester »

Hey, thats a nice mod u have there.

Looking forward to increased character running speed (at least SP-compatibile please :) )

Oneiros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Oneiros »

So have bridges been disabled completely in this mod? Following the install guide in the first post, there was no enableExperimentalFeatures in the control.lua file.

Enterpriser1995
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Enterpriser1995 »

Hi, sorry if i ask it, but how can i remove the tiles i placed?

YellowMiner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YellowMiner »

First, this ^

As a user of the ShadowsMegaModpack, i've been using the road tiles for making clean factory floors, but i've trouble with ore in my way, as i have to mine it out to expand my factory over it. (I could build on it, but then i lose clean floors)

I'm requesting some ore removal item wich destroys ore tiles instantly, or the possibility to place road tiles directly on top of ore, destroying it in the process.

Would be a huge life quality improvement.

Thanks.

(I think i could do it with landfills, by using the bomb thing to make a water hole where the ore is, then fill it in, but it sounds like a tedious process, and the bomb is quite far in the tech tree.)

Enterpriser1995
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Enterpriser1995 »

Oh, and could you please reduce the lag that is the result of any road placing? cause if i need to pave something large it becomes huge, not giving me a chance to place something else/another road nearby, going from 120 fps to 5 fps.

Return to “Mods”