[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SantaKlau
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.8

Post by SantaKlau »

Ohhh thank you so much mate, u helped me really out. God bless you.

leonhardprintz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leonhardprintz »

I understand that you have to install the modpack, but it doesn't appear to work on Steam on OS X.

I extract the mod pack into

/Users/leonhardprintz/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods

And then I run the game, but none of the mods load.

Has anyone else had this experience?

leonhardprintz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leonhardprintz »

Trying again it worked now. Please disregard my previous post.

squirrel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by squirrel »

iam getting a error Failed to load mods: __SeaBlock__/data-final-fixes.lua:38: wrong number of arguments to "insert"

mods to be disabled:
.seablock

halp?!

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

BlakeMW wrote:Pipes can carry a lot more than 1200/s over short distances. Pipe-to-grounds count as 1 pipe (2 pipes for the pair in an underground span), so longer underground pipe spans increase potential throughput. Placing pumps increases throughput even more, a chain of pump->underground pipe span->pump will cap out at 3000/s. Given that underground pipe spans get pretty long for titanium and tungsten this might well be more desirable than parallel pipes when very high throughput uni-direction flow is required.

For 4 pipes between pumps the throughput drops to ~1900/s, and then it tends to converge around 1200m/s - altough for large numbers of pipes it does fall below 1200m/s, ultimately converging on 0 fluid/s for infinitely many pipes, though of course pumps can maintain throughput over infinite distance (i.e. pump->underground span->pump chain can deliver 3000/s over any distance).
Thanks for clarification. I got this number of 1200/s somewhere and it served me well so far. But the short distances throughput increase is nice to know. And I will try the pump->underground pipe span->pump tip. :)
Redstylt wrote: Nice answer !
So 2 things annoyed me very much : "all pipes are now the same (bobslogistics, some months ago)" and "a pipe is able to transport max. 1200 fluids/sec, if used optimally. For more, you should add second parallel pipe, which is not connected in the middle"
Making 2 parallel pipes is quite difficult...because they connect each other and because i dont have so much place :|
So i was thinking i need that mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/incompatible-pipes (but quite lots of issues) or https://mods.factorio.com/mod/high-pressure-pipes
Any other solution ? (put in barrel is also a difficult solution to put into practice)
I don't know, if the different size pipes where helpful. The 20 size pipe (like stone pipe) was difficult to handle and "normal" 10 size iron pipes worked better in most cases. But it may just be my lack of understanding of fluid-mechanics
And sorry for throwing around with not accurate numbers. As I said above, the value of 1200/s served me well so far.
I tend to design small subfactories, which don't exceed this magic value and I observed problems in my rocket fuel factory, when I tried to squeeze in more. My solution to this is, to create 2 subfactory modules. But I also use LTN, which makes it easy to create just another train station :)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

as for fluid, before there was fluid change (all values multiplied by 10), there was response from devs, that fluid system doesn't handle more than 20u/tick on single pipe, 20u/tick translates into 120u/sec.
of course changes were made over time into fluid system, also due changes in chunk updates, it really might be possible to achieve higher value (or they just increased limit on fluid update system)

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

mexmer wrote:as for fluid, before there was fluid change (all values multiplied by 10), there was response from devs, that fluid system doesn't handle more than 20u/tick on single pipe, 20u/tick translates into 120u/sec.
Nope. The fluid system is in essence a cellular automata, that is if there are two pipes side by side, and one pipe contains 100 fluid and the other 0 fluid, then a fraction of the difference, 40%, will move from the more full to the less full, so the next tick one pipe has 60 fluid and the other 40 fluid. This is pretty intuitive, fluids are self-levelling, flowing from fluid sources which fill pipes to fluid consumers which empty pipes, and it means that the steeper the gradient the more fluid will move each tick. This is basically why very short pipes can deliver very large amounts of fluid. (Important note: Factorio does not use a pressure simulation, it uses a depth simulation, imagine very large, level stormwater style pipes where producers add water through a hole in the roof of the pipes and consumers suck it out of a hole in the floor of the pipes and flow only comes from levelling due to gravity, that in essence is how the basic model works)

Then onto this basic cellular automa model there is a hack which I call "flow momentum" where all the unintuitive stuff comes from, although pipes are basically bi-directional in that liquid can flow either direction, the game remembers what direction liquid flowed the previous turn and accelerates the future flow more in that direction. This greatly boosts throughput over long distances where the gradient is very shallow and is where the ~1200/s comes from (also, it's based around pipes with a capacity of 100, which is why smaller or bigger pipes acted extremely strangely), this boost doesn't completely overcome the limitation of the depth-based flow model though, so over very long distances the throughput drops further, eventually converging on zero. A quirk caused by flow momentum is that fluid is split unevenly at forks in the pipe system, basically the game only remembers the flow going in one direction so one side of the fork gets most the flow and the other gets starved, this unevenness can be greatly reduced by using a tank as the fork since flow momentum doesn't work with tanks.

The change from 1 fluid -> 10 fluid was mainly about the circuit network and the fact that since fluid can be fractional it would be nice to be able to make circuit network conditions based on fractional amounts.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Just installed mods from sea block pack and updated all mods to actual version:

Code: Select all

Difficulty normal: Cycle in technology tree detected.

ore-crushing
-> slag-processing-1
-> water-washing-1
-> angels-sulfur-processing-1
-> slag-processing-1
-> sct-lab-t1
-> sct-research-t1
-> ore-crushing
Mods:
mods
Attachments
2018-06-10 17_42_54-Factorio 0.16.49.png
2018-06-10 17_42_54-Factorio 0.16.49.png (11.88 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

darkfrei wrote:Just installed mods from sea block pack and updated all mods to actual version:

Code: Select all

Difficulty normal: Cycle in technology tree detected.

ore-crushing
-> slag-processing-1
-> water-washing-1
-> angels-sulfur-processing-1
-> slag-processing-1
-> sct-lab-t1
-> sct-research-t1
-> ore-crushing
Mods:
mods
do not update Science Cost Tweaker, it's not supported, SCT adds new technology tree in version 0.16.27, and i wrote it on SCT thread download 0.16.26

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

mexmer wrote: do not update Science Cost Tweaker, it's not supported, SCT adds new technology tree in version 0.16.27, and i wrote it on SCT thread download 0.16.26
In game browser you can't choose which version are you want to install. May be some data-final-fixes correction?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

darkfrei wrote:
mexmer wrote: do not update Science Cost Tweaker, it's not supported, SCT adds new technology tree in version 0.16.27, and i wrote it on SCT thread download 0.16.26
In game browser you can't choose which version are you want to install. May be some data-final-fixes correction?
you can download it from modportal

and like i said already before, there will be no fixes for seablock in SCT, because seablock has specific progression, and does changes to SCT settings and stuff, so there is no point overriding each other.

anyways, seablock is modpack, and is supposed to be played with version, that are part of modpack. you can't otherwise guarantee consintency in progress based game, when mods are changing.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.10

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.10 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2018-6-11, version 0.2.10. Skipped version 0.2.9 to keep mod and pack version numbers in sync.
  • Fix problem with home rock not spawning when playing pvp scenario.
  • Update for ScienceCostTweakerM tech tree changes.
  • Electrum has been removed. Production science thermal energy store components now use copper-tungsten instead of electrum.
  • Angelspetrochem has changed the byproduct of the sulfur dioxide from calcium sulfate recipe. Recipe now produces lime instead of crushed stone.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:Sea block pack 0.2.10 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2018-6-11, version 0.2.10. Skipped version 0.2.9 to keep mod and pack version numbers in sync.
  • Fix problem with home rock not spawning when playing pvp scenario.
  • Update for ScienceCostTweakerM tech tree changes.
  • Electrum has been removed. Production science thermal energy store components now use copper-tungsten instead of electrum.
  • Angelspetrochem has changed the byproduct of the sulfur dioxide from calcium sulfate recipe. Recipe now produces lime instead of crushed stone.
great work i must say, considering how much changes i did in SCT

btw. i noticed you left bobs MK2 lab disabled, unlike in previous version.
also the change in circuits is interesting ;)

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

I go ttrouble to unlock the technolgie (see pic)! i crafted 2 labs and still not unlocked...
https://imgur.com/a/ptYB0kd
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

did you try to place a lab? Sometimes you seam to pick up what you have crafted.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

ukezi wrote:did you try to place a lab? Sometimes you seam to pick up what you have crafted.
Yes i placed 2 labs... no changement

and now i got desync .... but research is done .....

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Redstylt wrote:I go ttrouble to unlock the technolgie (see pic)! i crafted 2 labs and still not unlocked...
it should unlock when you craft lab from components
did you have it placed already, when you loaded game, or started from scratch?

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

mexmer wrote:
Redstylt wrote:I go ttrouble to unlock the technolgie (see pic)! i crafted 2 labs and still not unlocked...
it should unlock when you craft lab from components
did you have it placed already, when you loaded game, or started from scratch?
It's on a H24/7 server.
I crafted, i placed, and research is not done ...
If you want to see yourself come on the server https://discord.gg/GNyp3FG

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Should be fixed in 0.2.11. 0.2.10 had a bug which would cause the wrong lab tech to unlock after loading a game.
mexmer wrote: btw. i noticed you left bobs MK2 lab disabled, unlike in previous version.
MK2 lab should still be there, hiding in advanced-electronics-3

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:
Should be fixed in 0.2.11. 0.2.10 had a bug which would cause the wrong lab tech to unlock after loading a game.
mexmer wrote: btw. i noticed you left bobs MK2 lab disabled, unlike in previous version.
MK2 lab should still be there, hiding in advanced-electronics-3
weirt that i missed it, when i was searching for labs

guess i will reenable and add mk2 lab to tree, when i figure out, what it should be made off.
i still need to do components for modules and alien lab anyways

Return to “Mods”