[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.5

Post by slay_mithos »

After reading your post I went to double-check and I got lost trying to figure out exactly where the problem is (to do a manual fix for now).
The sodium chlorate recipe tells me "bob's revamp mod > angel's refining > angel's petro chemical processing".
I found the recipe in bob's revamp mod, it takes salt and water but after that I am completely lost, I couldn't even find where the water gets replaced by purified water, much less where the change to angel's salt was supposed to take place (it says in the changelog that bob's salt is supposed to have been removed too).

I'm afraid I have no clue on where to go to fix this so we will need someone that knows the way around angel's files to figure it out, sorry.

jlozen85@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jlozen85@gmail.com »

No worries, I really appreciate the attempt. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I didn't know if I should post this until angel's mods release the update but the bug report thread for angel's mods has someone saying it is fixed in the update that should be coming soon (he said probably this weekend a few days ago but that's an unofficial ETA).

Since I am not actively monitoring angel's mods for updates I figured I might as well tell you so you can check every now and then on your end as well so that if I don't check for a few days and miss the update you would not get stuck waiting.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Oh, what bliss!

While it's very appropriate and well done, I simply couldn't listen to the electrolyser sound any more. So I replaced its sound file with one with birds singing, found on Wikimedia commons.

In other news, it seem like the fuel oil energy value will be adjusted to 10x its current.

Xanarios
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xanarios »

slay_mithos wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:40 pm
I didn't know if I should post this until angel's mods release the update but the bug report thread for angel's mods has someone saying it is fixed in the update that should be coming soon (he said probably this weekend a few days ago but that's an unofficial ETA).

Since I am not actively monitoring angel's mods for updates I figured I might as well tell you so you can check every now and then on your end as well so that if I don't check for a few days and miss the update you would not get stuck waiting.
Appreciate the hard work! As a heads up, it looks like a new release of Angel's mods this morning contains the fix mentioned on GitHub.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.4

Post by mrvn »

evandy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm
artemonster wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:53 pm
Can we talk about power generation a bit?
Just decided to scrap my save on 0.17 and try SB on 0.18 and saw that Tier 1 Recipe for Green Algae was nerfed to produce brown algae "waste". Okay, sure, but then I compared charcoal recipe in helmod using Tier 1 green algae and Tier 1 (which use CO2) - to produce 2 charcoal/sec:
Tier 1 uses 2.6 MW and produces brown algae
Tier 2 uses 3.9 MW (with all the electrolyzing and crushing bonanza)

I dont think Tier 1 recipe should be nerfed even more, since the beginning will become really painful, but Tier 2 recipe should be greatly buffed (i.e. by reducing Mineralized Water & CO2 from 100, 100 to 50, 50)?
Futhermore, Tree recipies also require redicilous amounts of area, while not brining any "efficiency" to the process (for 4 Wood sec with Tier 1 Tree production - 2.4 MW and crapton on machines)
IMHO, there HAS to be incentive to go UP to the next tier, trading off complexity&area for greater reward.
Lovely Santa haas bumped Green Algae2 a touch in the dev branch; I think that'll take care of it once it's released and integrated into seablock.

viewtopic.php?p=483371#p483371
I'm just starting a new 0.18 Seablock game and I'm at a loss of how to generate power now. Using helmod I get the following:
algae1.png
algae1.png (208.71 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
One boiler powers 2 steam engine which produce 1.8MW energy. But to keep the boiler running I need 51MW of energy and 351 algae farms.

That can't be right. Is helmod getting the numbers wrong or how do I generate power now?

Update: The boiler recipe seem to be garbage. A boiler needs far less fuel to produce 60 steam. I also should have gone wood pellets -> wood bricks -> charcoal. 20 algae farms then power 2 (internal power) + 4 (external power) boiler providing about 6MW usable energy.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

For some reason the "boiler" doesn't work properly with helmod, 27 charcoal is worth 108MJ and the boiler only needs to burn 1.8MJ per second at full capacity (which is 4.5 charcoal).
So obviously it has troubles with the energy balance but you can clearly see that your 27 charcoal require 51MW and can produce 108MJ (and MW is MJ per second in case unit conversion is a foreign language to you so if you are working with "per second" as a basis both mean the same) so the process basically generates half of its production as "surplus" to fuel the rest of your base.

You can also push an extra step with carbon (30 steam + 2 charcoal = 3 carbon), but with the steam I'm not sure if it's a beneficial step anymore so more testing will probably be needed on that step.
Similarly, for green algae there is a different recipe that produces only green algae, with mineralized water and carbon dioxide (from charcoal) but producing twice as much green algae per cycle and twice as fast for 4 times the green algae output.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

slay_mithos wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 pm
For some reason the "boiler" doesn't work properly with helmod, 27 charcoal is worth 108MJ and the boiler only needs to burn 1.8MJ per second at full capacity (which is 4.5 charcoal).
So obviously it has troubles with the energy balance but you can clearly see that your 27 charcoal require 51MW and can produce 108MJ (and MW is MJ per second in case unit conversion is a foreign language to you so if you are working with "per second" as a basis both mean the same) so the process basically generates half of its production as "surplus" to fuel the rest of your base.

You can also push an extra step with carbon (30 steam + 2 charcoal = 3 carbon), but with the steam I'm not sure if it's a beneficial step anymore so more testing will probably be needed on that step.
Similarly, for green algae there is a different recipe that produces only green algae, with mineralized water and carbon dioxide (from charcoal) but producing twice as much green algae per cycle and twice as fast for 4 times the green algae output.
But mineralized water needs slag which means electrolyzers. Last I read that produces less power per m^2. And, well, haven't researched that anyway.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Last time I did the number crunching for power loops it was in early 0.17 so it might be producing less energy with the mineralized water.
You are dividing by 4 the area needed for green algae, which is incredibly space-consuming in itself and the consumption in mineralized water is pretty low.

Mineralized water is also produced by your ore chain, directly from the sulfuric acid loop and the ore refining produces quite a bit of crushed stone.
It is probably not enough, and you might be using the crushed stone for other things (more ores, landfills, stone bricks) but it is something to take into account anyway.

Another benefit if you also include the electrolyzers for the mineralized water is that your power loop can be self-sufficient, with no need to interact with the rest of the factory.
The brown algea from the basic recipe does have its uses but you still need to do something with it so it doesn't clog your chain.

The pack is full of situations like those where you have multiple options and at least a few are the "best" depending on what aspect you put the most importance on.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.6

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.6 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-4-13, version 0.4.6:
  • Update Angel's mods to latest versions. Fixes lithium perchlorate issue.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

slay_mithos wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 am
Last time I did the number crunching for power loops it was in early 0.17 so it might be producing less energy with the mineralized water.
You are dividing by 4 the area needed for green algae, which is incredibly space-consuming in itself and the consumption in mineralized water is pretty low.

Mineralized water is also produced by your ore chain, directly from the sulfuric acid loop and the ore refining produces quite a bit of crushed stone.
It is probably not enough, and you might be using the crushed stone for other things (more ores, landfills, stone bricks) but it is something to take into account anyway.

Another benefit if you also include the electrolyzers for the mineralized water is that your power loop can be self-sufficient, with no need to interact with the rest of the factory.
The brown algea from the basic recipe does have its uses but you still need to do something with it so it doesn't clog your chain.

The pack is full of situations like those where you have multiple options and at least a few are the "best" depending on what aspect you put the most importance on.
As said I just started. So all of this isn't even an option. The brown algae is a real bummer at the start. Having a power module with no extra output might be reason enough to switch to green algae 2. Even if it is less efficient it won't block at the worst time.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I'm playing with deadlocks beltboxes and stacking with an extra mod that generates stacking recipes for everything that doesn't have one. This also generates technologies with the same prerequisites as the items them self. In SeaBlock that means that the recipe for stacking Wood Bricks requires green algae and that is a problem. The technologies that require items instead of science packs are unlocked by some code in control.lua and won't unlock the stacking technologies.

I patched SeaBlock to support unlocking these extra technologies but maybe that isn't the best solution.
Attachments
SeaBlock-deadlock.txt
multiple-tech-unlock.patch
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:36 pm
slay_mithos wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 am

As said I just started. So all of this isn't even an option. The brown algae is a real bummer at the start. Having a power module with no extra output might be reason enough to switch to green algae 2. Even if it is less efficient it won't block at the worst time.
I'm currently doing a Marathon mode x100 science 0.18 sea block, and algae 2 definitely provide more power over algae 1. That said, the added complexity means a lot more infrastructure and you -barely- get more power out of it.. so before it was definitely an option to just stick to Algae 1 until solar or liquid fuel.

It's completely worth it to get rid of the brown algae now though.. especially when running marathon mode and having to feed literally hundreds of boilers.

woolyMammoth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by woolyMammoth »

woolyMammoth wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am
Upgraded my seablock save from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 (and factorio to 0.18.18) can no longer craft 'iron-stick' wanted by most buildings.
After way more screwing around than it should have taken I can confirm this was all my own fault... an outdated version of Angels Industries (0.3.1) was causing this :oops:

Back on topic, can confirm, 0.4.6 fixes the lithium perchlorate loop. Thanks for the constant stream of updates @Trainwreck

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

woolyMammoth wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:01 am
woolyMammoth wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am
Upgraded my seablock save from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 (and factorio to 0.18.18) can no longer craft 'iron-stick' wanted by most buildings.
After way more screwing around than it should have taken I can confirm this was all my own fault... an outdated version of Angels Industries (0.3.1) was causing this :oops:

Back on topic, can confirm, 0.4.6 fixes the lithium perchlorate loop. Thanks for the constant stream of updates @Trainwreck
Are you saying itsok to upgrade?

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

At least the "salt" issue was properly solved (the whole chain was changed to angel's like it was supposed to) from the new version of angel's mods in 0.4.6 of the pack.
I have not checked everything but I didn't see any obvious problem introduced either.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Sea Block Pack 0.4.6 Error

Post by nOObe »

deleted the 0.4.4 mods and upgraded to 0.4.6. Got this error
62.290 Error ModManager.cpp:1471: Error in assignID, technology with name 'advanced-research' does not exist.

Source: sct-lab-alien (technology).
63.023 Crop bitmaps.
63.024 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 0)
63.082 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
63.083 Created atlas bitmap 2048x880 [icon, not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level]
63.094 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
63.100 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 3)
63.156 Sprites loaded
63.157 Generated mipmaps (5) for atlas [0] of size 2048x880
63.157 Custom mipmaps uploaded.
63.167 Custom inputs active: 33
63.170 Factorio initialised
63.185 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, technology with name 'advanced-research' does not exist.

Source: sct-lab-alien (technology).

Mods to be disabled:
• ScienceCostTweakerM
please advise

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Your log looks very different from mine (I have a series of warnings about bob's mods about out of bounds mipmaps for example), would it be possible to have the full log to check if there is something else different that might give more clues?

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

slay_mithos wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:03 pm
Your log looks very different from mine (I have a series of warnings about bob's mods about out of bounds mipmaps for example), would it be possible to have the full log to check if there is something else different that might give more clues?
here. thanks
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(183.56 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

deleted mod folder contents, and started factorio , closed, and unzipped 4.6 into it, restarted same error.
I am gonna redownload

Return to “Mods”