Topics and discussion about specific mods
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.17

Post by jodokus31 »

Dimos wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:37 pm
Hello, is there a way to exchange the worms in Sea Block for the normal aliens biters etc.I use a mod where the aliens and I can run over bottled water.so it would be great if I could exchange the worms.I also use Bob Enemies and Natural Evolution Enemys.if there are only worms like Sea Block, the additional Enemie Mods don't work.

Greetings
I think, its modded in SeaBlock mod directly. I dont know, how you could change it. Afaik there is no setting. Would be pretty interesting aka frightening to have normal biters, which can swim. :o If you look into the code, you could find it out, i think

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

I just released another helper mod for this pack: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/inland_pumps

After unlocking blasting charges it gets to be really annoying when I need to place a pump inland, since I need to place water, place the pump, and then refill the hole with landfill, and that process can't be performed with construction bots. This mod makes it so that once you unlock that tech, you (and your bots) can place pumps inland without going through that process.

I'm also working on an update to my other mod Seablock Mining to let you automatically get the mining productivity bonus from crystallizers instead of having to mess around with ore seeds and mining drills. I'm not totally sure that the approach will work out, but if it does then you'll be able to drop the mod into an existing game and get the benefits immediately.

EDIT: The approach did work out. I have released the new version of Seablock Mining now too, and it's so much simpler to use now.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

minno wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:12 pm

I'm also working on an update to my other mod Seablock Mining to let you automatically get the mining productivity bonus from crystallizers instead of having to mess around with ore seeds and mining drills. I'm not totally sure that the approach will work out, but if it does then you'll be able to drop the mod into an existing game and get the benefits immediately.

EDIT: The approach did work out. I have released the new version of Seablock Mining now too, and it's so much simpler to use now.
Dang, I just worked out a nice layout for the miners :) A slight advantage for the miners was, that the area is smaller because they are 3x3 instead of 5x5 for the crystallizer. But I guess, I have to stick to the previous version, if I want to use miners
Anyway, nice work, thanks for this.

arrowcircle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arrowcircle »

Hi!
I am having fun playing factorio with seablock. It's awesome how it forces you to use resources carefully (even electricity).
But what are you missing in it? I think there are two things that should be changed: biters and pace.

1. Biters. They are not competitive. They are routine. You clear the one time and forget about them. Its interesting way of limiting expansion, but after some time clearing them is boring. On the first stages of the game (no sniper turrets) its even horrible to clear them. How biters can be done better? Flying biters? Worms spawn biters and spitters after death? Water biters? What do you think?

2. Pace. Playing sea block on normal speed is very very very very very slow. In the beginning you get resources extremly slow and to keep it ok for the brain I use speed x 3. Maybe some rates for the early game should be changed? Hydrolyzers slag production? Maybe little buff to tier one speed can fix pace issues on the first stage of the game? Any ideas?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

1.) Sniper turrets, at 25 MilSci, are pretty early.
(EDIT : never mind, I just realized that in SeaBlock MilSci is gated behind BlueSci for some reason !!)
In my experience, you don't even need them -
the only worms I had to clear were not because I needed to make space for my factory,
but because I decided to explore a bit (and get a second type of Gardens),
and Fish + Heavy Armor + Piercing Ammo Submachine Gun were plenty enough !

I think there are indeed mods adding swimming/flying biters ? (But we would need spawners too...)

2.) I think that it supposed to be a challenge, early on the complexity is low, it's more about figuring out out the fastest way to scale up. Once you get your first 7 electrolyzers, it isn't much of a problem anymore...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

You can set MilSci to be gated behind tier2 science in mod options. However, that can only be done at startup.

Wiro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wiro »

Hi everyone. Great mod pack, enjoying it a lot. I'm a first time user of Bob's and Angel's mods, and in vanilla I never used robots... so, I have a question regarding logistic robots. I'm at blue science level, and have MK2 robots automated as of today. However, it seems that the requester chests are gated behind purple and yellow science. Does that mean there is no way currently for me to utilise logistic robots? I wanted to build a set up that would allow me to carry lubricant barrels across the base using my robots.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

In vanilla there are ways to trick them using yourself as a "chest".

In Seablock, you have Angel's Cargo robots, which give you 2x2 requester chests for only 50 Red&Green Science !

(Though IMHO, logistic robots are kind of a cheat, I suggest trying Logistic Carts instead ! ;) )

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

My bad, Angel's Industries isn't actually part of Sea Block, I'm the one that added it in my game... :P
(Angels : Gotta catch them all ! :lol: )

Psyramics
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psyramics »

Wiro wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi everyone. Great mod pack, enjoying it a lot. I'm a first time user of Bob's and Angel's mods, and in vanilla I never used robots... so, I have a question regarding logistic robots. I'm at blue science level, and have MK2 robots automated as of today. However, it seems that the requester chests are gated behind purple and yellow science. Does that mean there is no way currently for me to utilise logistic robots? I wanted to build a set up that would allow me to carry lubricant barrels across the base using my robots.
You can use them to ferry stuff to yourself. There's not much you need to have ferried to you by that point in the game though. Use construction robots to build everything you need.

Metuk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metuk »

I know there's a lot of constituent parts with their own upgrade schedules, but is there a rough estimate of when 0.17 will be ready?

Are there any seablock specific balance changes planned?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Metuk wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:34 pm
I know there's a lot of constituent parts with their own upgrade schedules, but is there a rough estimate of when 0.17 will be ready?

Are there any seablock specific balance changes planned?
I'll post a beta version in this thread after enough mods are updated to make a playable pack. No idea when that will be.

I'm pretty happy with the overall balance in 0.16 so no major changes planned. One thing I'll keep an eye on is the enriched fuel block fuel value. This was a little higher than it should have been in 0.16.

Shakes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shakes »

The balance change I'd like to see considered is SeaBlock Mining added to the base pack and to compensate for the higher rate of ore generation use the standard 10x cost increase that SpaceX imposes when it detects BobAngels.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

Thanks Trainwreck.

I am happy to help test Seablock during the first releases. Are you on discord at all or want to drop by any of the seablock related discords?

Would you be interested in feedback on balance for the 0.17 release? I am a pretty big Seablock guy this past year and have some things that I would suggest if you are interested in hearing them.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Both of my seablock-related mods are updated to 0.17.

More Mining Productivity
Inland Pumps

I'll test them out with the pack once it's released, but they're working just fine in normal games. I also changed the name of Seablock Mining now that it works in normal Angel's Mods games too.

gxblp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gxblp »

any info about 0.17 update?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

gxblp wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:13 pm
any info about 0.17 update?
For unofficial patches see:

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=66506

ScienceCosttweaker, Landfill painting, Circuit Processing and 3 angels mods have updates so the patch list might shrink when I check them tomorrow. Nearly there.

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

Trainwreck, is there any possibility of getting a setting that would let us use the new "Island" map generation setting to begin with? It would be easier than standard seablock, but could still be fun.

The fact that it doesn't generate any additional terrain at all would limit the amount of gardens/trees really heavily, though. Hmm.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

kenlon wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 pm
Trainwreck, is there any possibility of getting a setting that would let us use the new "Island" map generation setting to begin with? It would be easier than standard seablock, but could still be fun.

The fact that it doesn't generate any additional terrain at all would limit the amount of gardens/trees really heavily, though. Hmm.
You mean start of with a large empty island and then you have to build your own land as before?

I was thinking of adding some quickstart options:

- landfill (pulldown for 1-100k)

You simply get more landfill so you can expand easier.

- spaceship reactor power (pulldown 5-100MW)
- spaceship reactor halftime (pulldown for 1-10h)

There would be a spaceship wreck that acts as a power generator. The first setting is for how much power it can produce and the second how long it will last. At minimum setting it produces 5MW at the start but gradually drops to 2.5MW after an hour of use, 1.25MW after 2 and so on. So a big boost at the start but you have to replace it with your own power production over time.

- Starting technology level
+ Green Algae processing
+ Arboretum
+ Slag processing
+ Geode processing
+ Trains
+ LTN trains

Get the techs to jump straight to green algae power plants, to arboretums to make wood, to crystalizing ores from slag or from geodes, .... Might include some buildings to set up the processing too.

Comments?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Sounds great,
but I'd like to also see an harder "puzzle" mode, with severely reduced starting stuff.
(And probably without free cellulose crafting...)

You would need to first make sure that the tech/materials pre-requisites are water-tight though !
(But that's more a job for the respective mod authors...)

Return to “Mods”