[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
dragagon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by dragagon »

<invalid information>
Last edited by dragagon on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragagon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dragagon »

I originally thought it was an issue with the latest version of bob's warfare because it happened after i updated to 0.16.1. Turns out its an issue with Explosive Excavation and Factorio 0.16.17 and 0.16.18. You'll have to get Factorio 0.16.16 or remove Explosive Excavation.

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

I disabled explosive excavation and everything works fine on 0.16.17.

As for cliffs, their hitboxes are explicitly disabled in the Seablock mod code (I don't know why).

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

I wonder if the solder recipes from Bob's mods are supposed to be disabled or nerfed? I worked out the yields (in solder per total number of plates/ingots input) for a few approaches:

- Basic Angel's ingots to molten to solder gives 1
- Angel's ingots to molten to rolls gives 2
- Angel's ingots to molten to rolls w/coolant gives 2.28
- ingots to solder plate to solder (using Bob's 'solder-alloy-lead' recipe) gives 11/4 solder per tin / 11/7 solder per lead, so the average is 2.16 solder per ingot.

As you can see, the simple Bob's process is best unless you go for the most complicated Angel's process, and even then it's pretty close. It seems like there should be an incentive to use the Angel's processes (or that it should be the only option) like it is with e.g. steel.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Here's an updated beta that works with factorio 0.16.18. SeaBlockPack_0.2.1.zip Edit: Outdated, check thread for newest version.
It's still incomplete. I'd like to add ScienceCostTweaker, if that's ever updated to 0.16. The usual beta disclaimers still apply, don't be surprised if you need to rebuild your base in later releases.

Changes since 0.2.0:
  • You get a landfill refund when overwriting existing land with landfill of a similar type. Should be a bit more forgiving when accidentally placing incorrectly 'rotated' landfill.
  • Fix collision mask on cliffs.
  • Set base payload size of all bob's logistic bots to 1. The only benefit of higher tier bots is increased speed. Bot cargo size research still increases the cargo capacity of all bots.
  • Update all mods to latest versions.
The KS_Power diesel generator can burn methane, fuel oil, naphtha or diesel.
The way electric generators handle steam above their maximum temperature appears to have changed from factorio 0.15. Exceeding the maximum temperature will now waste energy, so make sure your generators can handle the increased temperature when upgrading boilers.
Last edited by Trainwreck on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Trainwreck wrote: The way electric generators handle steam above their maximum temperature appears to have changed from factorio 0.15. Exceeding the maximum temperature will now waste energy, so make sure your generators can handle the increased temperature when upgrading boilers.
Do you have a source for this? Or did you just experiment?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Bilka wrote:
Experimented. Had a power crash after upgrading my boilers to MK2 while still running MK1 steam engines. Noticed the engines were consuming their max fluid consumption (30 units/second) of 235 degree steam ((235 - 15) * 0.2 * 30 = 1.32MW of steam consumed). The engines state a max power output of 900kW, and that's what they were producing, So a significant loss compared to the usual 100% steam engine efficiency.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote:
Bilka wrote:
Experimented. Had a power crash after upgrading my boilers to MK2 while still running MK1 steam engines. Noticed the engines were consuming their max fluid consumption (30 units/second) of 235 degree steam ((235 - 15) * 0.2 * 30 = 1.32MW of steam consumed). The engines state a max power output of 900kW, and that's what they were producing, So a significant loss compared to the usual 100% steam engine efficiency.
Thats why I struggled so hard with Boiler Mk2 and Steam Engine Mk1. After upgrading to Steam Engine Mk2 I suddenly was able to power significantly more stuff.
Trainwreck wrote: [*] You get a landfill refund when overwriting existing land with landfill of a similar type. Should be a bit more forgiving when accidentally placing incorrectly 'rotated' landfill.
[*] Fix collision mask on cliffs.
Thanks for this :) Especially the landfill fix. (BTW: If you accidently landfill over stonebrick paving, it removes the stone and wastes landfill)

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DerGraue »

Trainwreck wrote: The way electric generators handle steam above their maximum temperature appears to have changed from factorio 0.15. Exceeding the maximum temperature will now waste energy, so make sure your generators can handle the increased temperature when upgrading boilers.
I remember reading about this issue before 0.16 and bobingabout replied that this was intentionally. So I am quite sure that this already existed in 0.15. I never tested it though.
Maybe someone playing still in 0.15 can test it. Just build a boiler with steam engine, an accumulator and do not connect that to your main energy network. Then just insert one piece of coal, or carbon, or whatever and check the accumulator charge. Do that for every combination MK I-III.

Also the recipe to create charcoal in a smelter does not work yet.

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

Zephyrinius wrote:I wonder if the solder recipes from Bob's mods are supposed to be disabled or nerfed? I worked out the yields (in solder per total number of plates/ingots input) for a few approaches:

- Basic Angel's ingots to molten to solder gives 1
- Angel's ingots to molten to rolls gives 2
- Angel's ingots to molten to rolls w/coolant gives 2.28
- ingots to solder plate to solder (using Bob's 'solder-alloy-lead' recipe) gives 11/4 solder per tin / 11/7 solder per lead, so the average is 2.16 solder per ingot.

As you can see, the simple Bob's process is best unless you go for the most complicated Angel's process, and even then it's pretty close. It seems like there should be an incentive to use the Angel's processes (or that it should be the only option) like it is with e.g. steel.
You forgot that bob's solder requires resin while angel's not.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I tried the SeaBlockPack_0.2.1.zip with some extra modules but I get an error:

13.265 Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Difficulty normal: Recursive technology prerequisites detected.

After that it lists all the technologies with no indication where the actual recursion is. Anyone else getting that or any idea how to find the problem?

Disabling SeaBlock fixes it but I figure the problem is some tech it modifies causing one of the extra modules to have a loop.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Fails to load with some mods disabled

Post by mrvn »

While trying to bug a problem (see previous post) I disabled some mods causing A Sea Block Config to fail to load:

1.245 Loading mod A Sea Block Config 0.2.1 (data-final-fixes.lua)
1.246 Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Failed to load mod "A Sea Block Config": __A Sea Block Config__/data-final-fixes.lua:50: attempt to index local 'robot' (a nil value)
1.247 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
1.281 Checksum for core: 730636605
1.301 Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Error in assignID, recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Looks like it depends on something without having a dependency on it.

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

Oh, you're right -- either resin or alginic acid is needed for the Bob's solder recipes, though in quite small amounts. This does make the Angel's recipes more attractive.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Zephyrinius wrote:
Oh, you're right -- either resin or alginic acid is needed for the Bob's solder recipes, though in quite small amounts. This does make the Angel's recipes more attractive.
There is also the feature to strand cast the solder coils to reduce belt space.
Along with tin wire coils and copper wire coils, the circuit facility gets less clumpy:
My recent design for circuits with coils and sheets

brainfart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Fails to load with some mods disabled

Post by brainfart »

mrvn wrote:While trying to bug a problem (see previous post) I disabled some mods causing A Sea Block Config to fail to load:

1.245 Loading mod A Sea Block Config 0.2.1 (data-final-fixes.lua)
1.246 Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Failed to load mod "A Sea Block Config": __A Sea Block Config__/data-final-fixes.lua:50: attempt to index local 'robot' (a nil value)
1.247 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
1.281 Checksum for core: 730636605
1.301 Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Error in assignID, recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Looks like it depends on something without having a dependency on it.
I had that problem as well, when I first downloaded the mods and started factorio. I just commented out the lines that produced the error and it started just fine afterwards. Later I commented them in again, just to test, and factorio started normally.
Last edited by brainfart on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brainfart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by brainfart »

I noticed, that the recipes for red and green wires dont get updated to just insulated copper wires from bob's electronics mod. Does anyone have that as well? I have all the mods from trainwrecks latest update installed.

It is not really a problem, but I wanted to change the green chips in the recipes for combinators to basic electronic boards. I did that in bobelectronics_0.16.0\prototypes\recipe-updates.lua, and added

Code: Select all

recipe.name == "red-wire" or
    recipe.name == "green-wire" or
    recipe.name == "arithmetic-combinator" or
    recipe.name == "decider-combinator" or
    recipe.name == "constant-combinator" or
    recipe.name == "power-switch" or
    recipe.name == "programmable-speaker"
at the end of the for for loop where the mod replaces the green chips in other recipes and commented out the new recipes for red and green wires (with insulated copper wires)

It does work for everything, exept the red and green wires. I checked for typos in the vanilla file, where the recipes are definied and some mods, that get loaded after the electronics mod and may have overwritten the recipe for them.

Has anybody an idea how to further debug that (e.g. find out what is changing the recipe) or why this is (not) working as expected?

brainfart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by brainfart »

Ok. I found the change; It was in SeaBlock_0.2.1\data-updates.lua. Bob's recipe change is overwritten to the vanilla recipe again in line 414, 415 because rubber is harder to get in seablock. I changed the recipe how I wanted it and it works.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.16] Sea Block Pack

Post by mrvn »

For the new Angels Bioprocessing one needs to collect some gardens, which one can find on some islands. Unfortunately all islands seem to be desert so I only have found desert gardens so far. There are also temperate and swamp gardens which don't grow in the desert.

Would it be possible to make the little island have different biomes?

Note: The bioprocessing includes ways to make oil products which I think fit far better into Sea Block than having to liquidfy coal so this would really be helpful.

D-Duff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by D-Duff »

Thanks for the Seablock Mod. Here I go down the Factorio rabbit hole again.

Are there any benefits to the generation of Mineral Sludge from Crystal Slurry vs Mineral Slurry ?

To get 100 Mineral Sludge from Mineral Slurry, I need 10 slag & 24 Sulfuric Acid. The sulfur feedback loop seems to be self sustaining which is quite convenient.

To get 100 Mineral Sludge from Crystal Slurry, I need 10 slag to create 200 mineral water + 30 to 75 Sulfuric Acid to process the Geodes. I didn't do the math on power cost, but I got a feeling the extra washing plant infrastructure also takes more power.

I was pretty proud of my Crystal Slurry generation pipeline until I read the fine prints, too bad I had to pull the plug on it until I'm ready to produce gem stones. I guess the only way to scale up Mineral Sludge production is with Electrolyzers, lots and lots of Electrolyzers !

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

D-Duff wrote:Thanks for the Seablock Mod. Here I go down the Factorio rabbit hole again.

Are there any benefits to the generation of Mineral Sludge from Crystal Slurry vs Mineral Slurry ?

To get 100 Mineral Sludge from Mineral Slurry, I need 10 slag & 24 Sulfuric Acid. The sulfur feedback loop seems to be self sustaining which is quite convenient.

To get 100 Mineral Sludge from Crystal Slurry, I need 10 slag to create 200 mineral water + 30 to 75 Sulfuric Acid to process the Geodes. I didn't do the math on power cost, but I got a feeling the extra washing plant infrastructure also takes more power.

I was pretty proud of my Crystal Slurry generation pipeline until I read the fine prints, too bad I had to pull the plug on it until I'm ready to produce gem stones. I guess the only way to scale up Mineral Sludge production is with Electrolyzers, lots and lots of Electrolyzers !
If you crush the geodes into dust first, you get 50/50 crushed stone -> mineralized water. You don't need slag at all.

It is self sustained like this:

(I later used the gas that I burn off in this old screenshot to the left, to produce more sulfuric acid).

IIRC this setup runs at 25 KJ per unit of sludge compared to 36 KJ from standard electrolysers -> slag.

Return to “Mods”