[MOD 0.14.22] Free Real Estate 1.0.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.22] Free Real Estate 1.0.2

Post by Demosthenex »

We've encountered another frustrating bug. On exiting a factory to anywhere (another factory or overworld), often we are having to hit F repeatedly because we are teleported immediately back in. If this happens too many times, Factorio crashes completely on the client side. Any suggestions? Could there be a delay added before you can re-enter the building to prevent players "flapping" between locations?

Edit:
I should mention that frequently if one player has a problem exiting a building and Factorio crashes, all players crash out.

Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sirenfal »

Demosthenex wrote:We've encountered another frustrating bug. On exiting a factory to anywhere (another factory or overworld), often we are having to hit F repeatedly because we are teleported immediately back in. If this happens too many times, Factorio crashes completely on the client side. Any suggestions? Could there be a delay added before you can re-enter the building to prevent players "flapping" between locations?

Edit:
I should mention that frequently if one player has a problem exiting a building and Factorio crashes, all players crash out.
Do you have any mods that increase item pickup range? Either way I'll add a delay to account for this. I can't imagine why that would crash the game though, if you can reproduce it consistently you might want to report that to the Factorio developers.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Sirenfal wrote: Do you have any mods that increase item pickup range? Either way I'll add a delay to account for this. I can't imagine why that would crash the game though, if you can reproduce it consistently you might want to report that to the Factorio developers.
Omg we do! We have the whole long reach suite including long pickup! Should we remove that? I had considered a delay to say you could only enter/exit once per second, but I didn't see a sleep function for LUA.

martingolding96
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by martingolding96 »

Will this work with 0.14.23 or just 0.14.22?

mandelenamacdoff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mandelenamacdoff »

You are doing very good job. The map you have shared is very impressive. Keep sharing.

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

PLEASE if SOMEONE knows LUA!!!
Please update this wonderful mod Free Real Estate mod to work with 0.16!

I resolve some problems in code that mod now loads in 0.16 but if i start a new game - it crashes. :( :( :(

Don't say me - that there is Factorissimo2 mod already. Because Factorissimo2 IS MUCH unoptimised mod. Free Real Estate is much better in this way.
Attachments
Free_Real_Estate_1.0.7.zip
modified v1.0.7 to load in Factorio 0.16, but still crashes
(496.82 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

The mod has't error anymore. But I can't enter to the factory.

Changed: More code for debug, fixed shift and locale.
2018-01-09 23_51_02.png
2018-01-09 23_51_02.png (71.41 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
Free_Real_Estate_1.1.0.zip
For 0.16, not works properly
(401.01 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Is this mod better than Factorissimo2?

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

This mod is differs from factorissimo by his performance. Is much more UPS-friendly and well-optimized. This is true, because when i play with factorissimo last time (when I construct MANY factories) my UPS is down to 25-20 and keeps reducing, and game comes unplayable. Then I install this Free-Real-Estate and starts to convert my factories to it - one by one. And my UPS is rise up again to 60!!! Because of this I decide to play with this mod in 0.16 and keep it (for his great performance) for other people with old CPUs and notebooks.

I'm localize the bug: there must be full belt (players belt at bottom of screen) of items to get into. And to get an error:
error
Author choose his own way to get in factory (maybe for optimizing purposes) - is get up those micro invisible item that lies near the entrance (using F key). Then player is teleports to factory. That is all that I know.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Mods”