[MOD 0.15.x] Marathon Mod Automated

Topics and discussion about specific mods
faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.15.x] Marathon Mod Automated

Post by faraway9912 »

Description:
  • Rehaul of the expensive marathon mode recipes! Has the plate explosion from the 0.14.x Marathon mod as well as enhanced Angels/Bobs/(WIP Yuoki) support.
    This will probably be the "official" marathon mod as Afforess has stated he will be busy IRL for the next few months.
Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/faraway9911/marathomaton
Github: https://github.com/boweiliu/Marathon

Details:
  • Factorio Version: 0.15
  • Version: 0.2.26
  • License: MIT
  • Tags: balancing
CHANGELOG
Big thanks to Afforess and bgirard for creating Marathon mod, and to bobingabout, Arch666Angel, and Yuoki for Bobs Angels and Yuokis mod packs.
Last edited by faraway9912 on Thu May 18, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Marathon Mod Automated

Post by steinio »

Should I use this with or instead of marathon?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

Instead of -- it's completely incompatible.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Is this mod compatib,e with Angel's Bio Processing and Angel's Smelting beta mods?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

Almost certainly. Let me know if you find any bugs or need any balance changes.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Faraway9912 Thanks for intersting mod which can throw down a challenge to you :D
Some question about angel mods - I look they are probably mentioned partially - bio processing and smelting

Anonher thanks to such mod that I can not worry that уменя there is too much sulfuric waste water in refining mod :mrgreen:

Whether your mod can be compatible with https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended - this mod supports regular marathon mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Afforess/marathon
Another question about new science packs in next 0.15 version, i have this nice mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/ResearchRevolution - can u correct cost for new science packs?

I think we don't need angelthon mod now because Arch66Angel gradually integrates the project in bob mods, because bob mods is strong base for angel's mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question about balace - why copper cable recipe so costly? - 1 cable for 5 copper plates? This cable must be very very very long cable :D something is wrong i think

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

Hi aklesey1, glad you liked the mod!!

I'm not sure I understood all your questions.

* This mod is compatible and has been tested with angel's bioprocessing and smelting. Do you see any issues?

* Sulfuric waste water has been toned down from 5 to 3 in angels refining mods. It's supposed to be harder that way - otherwise sulfur is too easy to get from gas/oil.

* This mod is not compatible with ordinary Marathon or Bob's extended, due to the way momosundeass made the recipe changes. His logic is something like "Set iron gear time to 1.5 seconds, except if it's already 1.5 seconds because of Marathon, then set it to 3 seconds", where my logic is something like "Multiply iron gear time by 2". I wanted to fix Bob's extended in the same way that I fixed Marathon but Bob's extended is very complicated and nothing is explained very well. This mod is also not compatible with Research Revolution, but because of a different reason. Research Revolution says "Do all the other mod's fixes first, and then do mine at the very end", whereas this mod does "All the other mods can set up first, and then I will fix the recipes, and then other mods can do other work afterwards too". I will look into contacting Peppe to fix this.

* Angelthon is important because marathon otherwise does not apply to angels smelting. This mod is another way of applying marathon to angels smelting.

* Copper cable is 5 copper plates, because that's how it works in Afforess's marathon mod. Go ask him :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

There was some changes in angel smelting, petrochem and refining mods, and you have considered the changes which have happened in& There was serious changes in petrochem mod because it very complex angel mod, and also on the way already other angel mods as components and logistics, i think we can get angel overhaul and it will be really amazing, I think you will agree that angel mods throws down you a challenge in itself and now to them it will be added our marathon, my factory will be really fat :D

Oh crap - game tells me that Bob's Agelthon requires old angel mod - angel processing, may it must be optional mod? NAd it also needs regular marathon mod not marathon automated? but marathon automated mod changing angel mods without bob's angelthon and regular marathon i checked on these days

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey i changed regular marathon and angel processing mods to optional - heh it's really funny with angel mods now, some sad that bob's angelthon not changing angel bio processing or angel's petrochem
I have a feeling that's bob's angelthon and marathon automated have some conflict in recipes in angel smelting mod - at different recipes values from small to big vary

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

OK, both this mod and Research Rev have been updated - they should be compatible now.

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

This mod is not compatible with Angelthon -- running both is not recommended.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

faraway9912 wrote: Copper cable is 5 copper plates, because that's how it works in Afforess's marathon mod. Go ask him :)
I think we need 5 copper plates for 2 cables - because when 10 copper plates getting 2 cable my poor electronics production is suffering too much, i'm producing my electronic production with very very low speed its sad to watch :roll: :?
Or i offer intermediate compromise option - 3 cables for 10 copper plates - it will be quite enough if we want a challenge? just need to calculate time for recipe, may be 3 seconds

I had enough also of that the recipe of tinned wires is too costly for now too, I already am silent about basic electronic components which demand more carbon fabrics :D

One interesting observation with PCP mod i can produce really many plastics and now i know where to use it - for electronics
I don't see that the Petrochem or another oil/gas part of the game has been mentioned strongly, there aren't enough changes, if not to tell that they are almost absent, i think it can be changed in next update 8-)

Another question - recipes for engines haven't changed, but they are one of the basic items in game - for scientific packages precisely

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

I don't intend to change any recipes that were present in the original Marathon mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Afforess/marathon).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question about bob's angelthon - what serious changes has to make this mod in ur mod and really he is so necessary, i saw serious сhanges only in angel smelting, maybe I can be mistaken
Ur mod can work absolutely quietly and without this mod i think
faraway9912 wrote: Angelthon is important because marathon otherwise does not apply to angels smelting. This mod is another way of applying marathon to angels smelting.
Just I want to tell that ur mod already supports angel mods, can it isn't necessary to complicate further away by addition of new dependencies with bob's angelthon

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

faraway9912 wrote:This mod is not compatible with Angelthon -- running both is not recommended.
I'm not sure what your question is.

To clarify, what I personally play with is this mod + Full Bobs + Full angels.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Will u add support for nw updated angel refining and petrochem mods + new smelting beta 0.2.2, and I feel that we are waited by a fascinating adventure because the smelting mod became even more difficult and complex

faraway9912
Inserter
Inserter

Post by faraway9912 »

Yup, check out the latest version.

I don't expect too many changes in this mod going forward -- mostly just updates. I am debating whether or not to explode ingots as well as plates since otherwise the refine path for molten -> wire coil -> wire has no bottlenecks.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Faraway9912 can i ask u - will u do any serious changes to recipes in angel's petrochem? Its very important and one of the most interesting and a few complicated parts of bob's + angel's system where angel's mod begins to play a major role

Return to “Mods”