Inserter
Inserter

Re: [beta] Wagons: More train stuff

Post by Ethribin »

Hmmm.. Interesting.
I'll have a look at this mod^^ thanks

So the devs actually want to add tank wagons? Great^^
Sure, we have to wait.. but to know they'll add them is awesome already^^
The greatest thing to be is not a hero, but a person who inspires people to be heros^^

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Guys, archive is too big for me now...
Does can anywho upload archive with locale files?
Also a duplication in old versions (i dont know is it working now) when character mine overwagon roboport-wagon entity, he gets roboport+items from this wagon

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

I just want to make quick post about the state of wagons and why there has been no updates recently. I have a few small bug fixes to upload but I was holding off until Allotrope had finished with kolli's awesome provider sprites but it looks like life has gotten in the way and he is too busy at the moment so I will try busting out blender this weekend to see if I can get them rendered and in game. I will also add Vitduo's Russian translation (thanks Vitduo) to the mod at the same time. Once they are done I will upload the latest version of wagons. As I hate blender this will probably take all weekend so expect a new release early next week.

After that I need to decide where this mod will go, if i should I keep all the features that are in this version or if i should start taking a serious look at axing some of the less useful wagons. The other thing I may do is split the mod into a core and have each set of wagons as a extra download for the mod, allowing people to only use the features they want and letting me add new features/fix bugs without uploading all the sprites again. The only issue with this is that the name of the mod may change so maps that currently using this mod may have issues but I think it is worth the small amount of pain in the long run.

If anyone has any thoughts or wants to make any suggestion about what to do with wagons, feel free.
Vitduo wrote:Guys, archive is too big for me now...
Does can anywho upload archive with locale files?
Also a duplication in old versions (i dont know is it working now) when character mine overwagon roboport-wagon entity, he gets roboport+items from this wagon
Are you saying you can mine the roboport? or that you get the roboport when you mine the wagon? Either way the latest release should fix this issue. Would a torrent be easier for you to download from? I can put it up and seed it if you like

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

You used a tiny entity, which was worked as a roboport at a wagon-ropobort, right? User could hover mouse over this entity and mine it. When it happened, a user received a roboport and all items, which contains your roboport-wagon, but with this wagon happens nothing and all items continued to lie there.
I hope you understand me :roll:

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Vitduo wrote:You used a tiny entity, which was worked as a roboport at a wagon-ropobort, right? User could hover mouse over this entity and mine it. When it happened, a user received a roboport and all items, which contains your roboport-wagon, but with this wagon happens nothing and all items continued to lie there.
I hope you understand me :roll:
I do, that issue is fixed now so if you can manage to download the latest version it should work. When/If i split the mod up It will be easier to download/upadte as it will be lots of smaller files instead of one big one

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Also, thanks for the free coal from the electric engine, heh.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I think if you divide the mod into parts it won't make your mod bigger or smaller.
Its interesting idea, but now I want a small attached archive in your post with locale files. But, of course, I can wait. A long time, because i try to sleep now

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Vitduo wrote:but now I want a small attached archive in your post with locale files
Oh, sorry. I thought you had linked to an already translated file not that you wanted the locale file. Here is the en.cfg file
en.zip
wagons locale file
(541 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Okay, Ill see it tomorrow (or today, if you live enought East)

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Ethribin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ethribin »

JamesOFarrell wrote:... so expect a new release early next week.
I'm looking forward to it^^
The greatest thing to be is not a hero, but a person who inspires people to be heros^^

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Vitduo wrote:Translated!
Thanks Vitduo. I've put it in Wagons for the next version
Ethribin wrote:
JamesOFarrell wrote:... so expect a new release early next week.
I'm looking forward to it^^
It won't be anything exciting, just bringing the wagons up to the 10.1 storage sizes and hopefully the new provider sprites.

Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Telarin »

One minor issue I noticed, not sure if it is a problem with the mod itself or the scripting in Factorio, but the storage wagons seem to have invisible slots. Even if I set filters for all of the slots, bots will still drop other items into the wagon. They show up in the Alt image on the wagon, but they do not show up when you actually open the wagon.

Also, a suggestion: A wagon that can be switched from requester to provider mode. When I am building a remote base, it would be nice to be able to put it in requester mode while in my main base, so that it can be loaded, then drive out to the construction location and switch to provider mode so that it can provide for my construction bots.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Telarin wrote:One minor issue I noticed, not sure if it is a problem with the mod itself or the scripting in Factorio, but the storage wagons seem to have invisible slots. Even if I set filters for all of the slots, bots will still drop other items into the wagon. They show up in the Alt image on the wagon, but they do not show up when you actually open the wagon.

Also, a suggestion: A wagon that can be switched from requester to provider mode. When I am building a remote base, it would be nice to be able to put it in requester mode while in my main base, so that it can be loaded, then drive out to the construction location and switch to provider mode so that it can provide for my construction bots.
Filters break wagons. I need to add it to the list of things not to use. The invisible provider chests can't have filters set on them so the inventory can get out of sync.

bulldog98
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bulldog98 »

Requester Carriage is available from the begining, I think this is a bug

manpapper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by manpapper »

For the name of the mod maybe something like:
Extended Trains
Extended Wagons

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

what I was wondering about, when I use the Roboport car and entry an existing system do they then all leave my train? And the second thing, does every vehicle need to be in the grid or is it possible to just have one part of the train connected to the grid?

Headrazor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Headrazor »

Realy nice mod Thank you so far..!

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

0.0.12 has been posted. Just bug fixes, no sprites coz f**k Blender and its stupid face (sorry Blender, i love you really). I am in the middle of moving houses at the moment so I have not had time to update any of my mods but they are not dead. I will be back on deck after next week to see if I can move wagons out of WIP and into production.
bulldog98 wrote:Requester Carriage is available from the begining, I think this is a bug
Fixed in 0.0.12. Thanks for that
manpapper wrote:For the name of the mod maybe something like:
Extended Trains
Extended Wagons
I almost went with Extended Wagons when i was creating the mod. I may have to use it when this moved out of WIP
jakobeng1303 wrote:what I was wondering about, when I use the Roboport car and entry an existing system do they then all leave my train? And the second thing, does every vehicle need to be in the grid or is it possible to just have one part of the train connected to the grid?
They will. I have some code for another mod to limit this behavour so I will add it to wagons once I finish the move. The wagons dont all need to be powered but they need to be next to one that is. The other option is to power the accumulator wagon as it will power everything else via magic!
Headrazor wrote:Realy nice mod Thank you so far..!
Glad you are enjoying it!

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

When I first used that mod I was wandering how you managed to force train to use electricity. But when I looked into train storage I laughed. You used damn good evil trick :twisted:
Now I'm wondering. If you're generating coal in train by using electricity than is it possible to generate coal in boiler by using liquids (liquid boiler)?

It's really great mod and I'm using it withe the pleasure.

BTW. Combining rails with pole it's also brilliant :D Now I'm powering mines sides via rails :P

Return to “Mods”