Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mylon's Many Mods

Post by sarcolopter »

Well, anyone want to take over dangoreus since it's been abandoned?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I think I figured out how to make dangOreus perform more smoothly. Gimme some time to write it up.

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

it's been a year, you did anything or nah?

MatthewNajmon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MatthewNajmon »

Am using a bunch of other mods. AngelBob's is probably the most relevant one, particularly the changes to what ores exist. The test that threw the error was on Sapphirite, non-infinite.

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

Mylon wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:41 pm
I think I figured out how to make dangOreus perform more smoothly. Gimme some time to write it up.
If you're not going to maintain your mod, transfer ownership to someone who will.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

sarcolopter wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:35 pm
Still looking for assistance with this bug
sarcolopter wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:54 pm
Well, anyone want to take over dangoreus since it's been abandoned?
sarcolopter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:09 am
it's been a year, you did anything or nah?
sarcolopter wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:14 am
If you're not going to maintain your mod, transfer ownership to someone who will.
I can't speak for Mylon, but to me, what you've written in this thread sounds a lot like "Gimme, gimme, gimme! I've bought Factorio, I'm entitled to getting updates for all the mods I can't do without, and pronto!" Perhaps I've missed the post where you've asked nicely, but in what I've read, you've come across as rather demanding. I wonder if that will really encourage Mylon to resume work on an update …

By the way, why do you assume the mod has been abandoned? Sure, it's been almost a year since the last update. Then again, you're adressing the author of "Mylons Many Mods", which could be a hint that the author has to spend whatever time there is available for modding on several different mods. And no, seeing no updates on the mod portal doesn't necessarily mean there is no work going on in the background. (I've "abandoned" certain mods for a year or so myself because I needed a change to free my mind, and taken my time to rewrite stuff I didn't like in previous versions.) Demanding that somebody transfer ownership of their mods seems rather rude indeed.

You know, there are alternatives! If you provide a patch it may get incorporated into the mod, and perhaps you'll even get invited to collaborate. Also, dangOreus is published under the MIT licence, so if you really need this mod so badly for your game, you are free to go ahead and fork it.

You've already got the source code on your computer (just unzip the mod), and apparently you've got the game and can test the effect of your changes directly. Don't know Lua? It's not that hard to learn if you read the manual, and there is a really helpful description of Factorio's API, too. If you run into Factorio-specific problems, there's the Modding help sub-forum where you can ask; usually, the community is willing to help wherever possible. Can't be bothered to waste your precious time on modding or learning how to mod? Well, why should others be bothered to do these things for you if all they can expect to get in return for their troubles is complaints and more "Gimme, gimme, gimme!"? :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Mods”