Post by AartBluestoke »

fails with an error under 10.x

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.9.x] Belt Lane Splitters (1.2)

Post by Turtle »

AartBluestoke wrote:fails with an error under 10.x

I've been using it without any problems. I'm not sure what blue-beam.png is used for, but I'm pretty sure it's not used in this mod.

AartBluestoke
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AartBluestoke »

interesting ... i removed the zip, factorio started, added the zip again, and the error re-appeared.. i assumed it was this mod.

I'll test again with a new download.

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

Hi, I've only just found this mod, and it seems like the right place to ask: I'm looking essentially for a lane-switcher.
Most of my problems seem to come from the fact that something is on the wrong side and I don't have the space to do the usual iffy-workaround to essentially side-load onto itself.

So what I'm asking for is a trivial 1-tile-big splitter-like item that simply puts stuff from the left half of the track onto the right and vice versa. Isn't this something that would fit this packs theme?
This would make it much easier to load two sides of an output belt (just have one of these after half the factories and you have an even load). I often want to merge something onto a belt that has a "free half", but it's on the wrong side. Just pop one of those before the merge-point and it's fine again.

Alternatively, simply having inserters that can insert to the closer part of a tile would probably also work, ideally there'd just be a switch for the existing ones (then there's no need to double the existing inserter types). Does this exist somewhere and I've just missed it?

Anyway, thanks for this mod, I'm sure I'll make good use of it in my next game! :)

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Creat wrote: Alternatively, simply having inserters that can insert to the closer part of a tile would probably also work, ideally there'd just be a switch for the existing ones (then there's no need to double the existing inserter types). Does this exist somewhere and I've just missed it?
This already exist, dytech make this, you don't need to have special ressource to use them quickly. (and a very usefull very fast easy to build inserter). With modular dytech, you can now dl only this module if you want.
  • INEVERTER : I really +1 for an inverter, that's a great idea.(Left goes on right and vice-versa)
  • MERGER : I also wish a merger that put two line only on one (usefull for thereafter joining another line)
  • REPARTITEUR : I also wish for a répartiteur : (french world), Currently this "splitter" miss me a lot : Most of the time when i "produce" ore goes only on one side of the belt, but of course, this side is quickly "blocked" and then i have to use a trick : Normal splitter that give half ore on the two output equally, then each side goes separatly and come back to one different side of a new belt, so i have half ore on each side. I would really love having a "repartiteur" that just do the same thing in one unique tile (maybe you can make it 2 tile long).
  • HALF-BELT : If you plan to upgrade or continue developping your mod, something i would really like would be "HALF" belt. Just normal belt with only one side. Why ? Just for looking/beauty purpose, because if i use only one side of the belt, would be nice to have only one side visible.
  • LONGER U-BELT : I would also like really, longer underground belt. This would be really usefull.
  • TROP-PLEIN : And a last idea i would really have a "trop plein" : A tile with TWO exit that only put thing on the alternate exit only if no space on the "main-exit". Some production give 2 or 3 different product. When one product output line is blocked, the production stop and your other product are not anymore produced. You can use the green/red wire then to make a "trop-plein" with an inserter, but a belt would be easier and more friendly.
That's all for the "ideas" hope you will like it.

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

Slan wrote:MERGER : I also wish a merger that put two line only on one (usefull for thereafter joining another line)
I also agree with this one, it has a similar problem to the inverter: The 'manual' way to build it with vanilla parts is rather large/cumbersome and has a lot of corners (also making it slow).
Note: The inverter is the only concept here that is actually impossible to do with vanilla belt-parte (meaning no smart inserters) when both sides of the belt are used for different stuff.
Slan wrote:REPARTITEUR : I also wish for a répartiteur : (french world), Currently this "splitter" miss me a lot : Most of the time when i "produce" ore goes only on one side of the belt, but of course, this side is quickly "blocked" and then i have to use a trick : Normal splitter that give half ore on the two output equally, then each side goes separatly and come back to one different side of a new belt, so i have half ore on each side. I would really love having a "repartiteur" that just do the same thing in one unique tile (maybe you can make it 2 tile long).
This is already possible with relatively little overhead (and a similar setup), if I do understand you correctly. Assuming you only have stuff on one sides of the belt, you can evenly distribute it to both by placing a splitter in line and immediately re-merging the split part. This will result in even distribution on both sides (and if the feeding belt is one speed higher than the output belt, a full half-belt will completely fill the second belt).
Note: if the inverter was be implemented, it could achieve this in at least some of the cases. When you have 10 factories/miners on one side, just put an inverter after 5 and you'll have a perfectly balanced belt. It only works for production from multiple facilities like this, of course (preferably an even number).

I'll actually take this to the suggestion forum now, as I think it's basically something the base game is missing, but should have. Let's see how that thread goes over there...

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Creat wrote:The inverter is the only concept here that is actually impossible to do with vanilla belt-parte (meaning no smart inserters) when both sides of the belt are used for different stuff.
False, with spliter and underground belt that block only one side of the belt, this is possible, but in fact it's not using underground belts for their primary use.... And of course this take half a map to so this like always.
This pic to show you how this work :
Divider.jpg
Divider.jpg (84.71 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
This one is the best way to do it :
divider2.jpg
divider2.jpg (47.64 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

gigagames
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gigagames »

Hi,
can you do some more from this ?

1. The Dividers but only 1 "Field" wide
2. An Other Dividers that moves the Item to the other side, if one side blocket
3. a possibility to Do half left, half Right on a Belt that is only 1 Field wide

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

Slan wrote:
Creat wrote:The inverter is the only concept here that is actually impossible to do with vanilla belt-parte (meaning no smart inserters) when both sides of the belt are used for different stuff.
False, with spliter and underground belt that block only one side of the belt, this is possible, but in fact it's not using underground belts for their primary use.... And of course this take half a map to so this like always.
This pic to show you how this work:
Nice, thanks for these pictures! I really wasn't aware this was possible (even though it's kind-of hack-y or exploit-y). It's not even that big of a setup after all, I might use this occasionally :)

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Sorry, work and illness intervened. Also Space Engineers.
I probably won't finish any of this but I'll post what I've got in case anyone finds it interesting. I'll need to check if it's still relevant though.

mavzor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mavzor »

Absolutely still relevant, and a great mod :)

vrothenberg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vrothenberg »

This mod looks great!

Unfortunately I'm getting errors on 0.10.8

When unzipping into AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\, Factorio displays this error on startup:

"Filename of mod C:/Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\Lane-Splitters doesn't match the expected Lane Splitters_1.2.0 (case sensitive!)"

After changing the folder name to Lane Splitters_1.2.0 the following error is displayed on startup:

"Path __Lane Splitters_1.2.0__/graphics/entity/divider/basic-divider-e.png does not match any mod."

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Koncookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Koncookie »

This is due to the Mod System changes since 10.7. To solve this just open the info.json file with a texteditor and rename the mod so the expected name matches the foldername. Here to Lane-Splitters. For more look here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5364

ReneMuetti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ReneMuetti »

Sorry, the normal rename is not enough. I tried and found a solution.

first the zip rename as "LaneSpliters_1.2.0.zip"

then edit the following files / folders in the ZIP

Directory "Lane-Spliters" => "LaneSpliters"

LaneSpliters\info.json

Code: Select all

"name": "Lane Splitter"
LaneSpliters\prototypes\entities.lua
search all

__Lane-Spliters__
and replace with

__Lane-Spliters__
LaneSpliters\prototypes\items.lua
search all

__Lane-Spliters__
and replace with

__Lane-Spliters__
Then Factorio starts normally and the Mod works normally.

Hunter20nov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hunter20nov »

@Renemuetti

i do all what you say but have still the error but an other error (Path_Lane-Splitters_/graphics/entity/divider/basic-divider-e.png does not match any mod)... is it not working. Can you upload your files ? thx

I fix it. Only rename in info.json thats all

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think there's an error in his tutorial there

in both items.lua and entities.lua
search and replace all:
__Lane-Spliters__
with
__LaneSpliters__
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

The arbitrary switching between one T and two is bugging the hell out of my programmer-self.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

I have updated my local copy to work with 11.5

-I had to make some changes to control.lua so it would handle map generation without the player being initialized.
-Fixed all the inconsistencies with splitter and spliter.. for the record it now uses "tt".
-Updated naming conventions so it was 10.7+ compatible
-changed node names frame_width and frame_height to width and height to conform to 0.11.x update
Thanks for the great mod.

http://culcraft.com/Lane Splitters_1.2.1.zip

edit: noted further changes that I made
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

Appears to work flawlessly on the .11.5 update.
I cannot find the words to properly express my gratitude. This was by far one of the mods I missed the most.
Graphically consistent with the game, simple and yet extremely useful without being overpowered or game-changing.
Basically the same good ol' Factorio, but smoother.

Return to “Mods”