[0.14] Signals

Topics and discussion about specific mods
komrade_toast
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14] Signals

Post by komrade_toast »

^^ click me to go to this mod's page on the mod portal ^^

This is a complete re-write of my "Custom Signals" mod. This modification to Factorio adds a few new virtual signals. Mathematical, Directional, and Power signals are added by this mod. Support for a few other mods is also rolled in.
  • "Reactors", if it is installed, will have the signals moved a bit further down in the signal window, and a couple other power-related signals are with them as well. Some reactor signals ("Stopping" and "Emergency Shutdown") have colors assigned to them so they may light up a lamp easily. The colors can be disabled (or changed) in the config file.
  • If "Smarter Trains" is installed the signals added by that mod will also be moved slightly in the signal windows, and they also have new graphics.
  • If you have "More Signal Color" installed the signals will be moved down and mixed in with the rest of the color signals, which have been organized a bit better.
The Generic power signals will only be active if "Reactors" is not installed, or if "Reactors" is installed, but disabled in my mod's config file. I do not recommend installing and disabling "Reactors" support in this mod, while keeping the generic power signals enabled. If you do so, you will have two sets of (almost) the same signals.
  • Stopping Signal (Reactors), if hooked up to a light, will emit a flat yellow color to the light
  • Emergency Shutdown (Reactors), if hooked up to a light, will emit a flat red color to the light
  • Reset signal, if hooked up to a light, will emit a flat orange color to the light
Screenshots
Todo
Changelog
Github Repository
Last edited by komrade_toast on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14] Signals

Post by daniel34 »

Your mod changes the default Factorio fonts used in the game to the Japanese ones, is there any gameplay reason why you're doing that or just your personal preference?

In Signals_1.1.14\locale\en\locale.cfg:

Code: Select all

[font]
default=locale/ja/fonts/regular.ttf
default-bold=locale/ja/fonts/bold.ttf
default-semibold=locale/ja/fonts/medium.ttf
The problem is just that I installed a few mods at once and it's not that easy to find out what mod actually changed it, and it might be surprising for other users aswell. I'd rather prefer using the original default fonts myself instead of the Japanese ones.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

komrade_toast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by komrade_toast »

Whoops, my fault on that one. That is from an old test I was doing, before I re-wrote the mod. I'll delete and re-upload.

EDIT: Mod has beed re-uploaded with correct locale.conf

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Any plans to port this up to 0.15?
Regards,
~B

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I have a sort of port in progress

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Awesome! Anything I can do to help, let me know.
Peace,
~B

Return to “Mods”