Topics and discussion about specific mods
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Post by AntiElitz »

version: 0.14.x
Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/AntiElite/UPS-up

Be aware that removing this mod will mess things up. You must uninstall it first. See the README.txt

Description:
This mod decreases the lag of big bases. The UPS (Updates per seconds) may increase by up to 100%. All features are optional and try their best to not change the vanilla gameplay. This mod is compatible with multiplayer and other mods. If you enjoy this mod, I'd be glad to welcome you as a supporter at
https://www.patreon.com/UPS

Pictures:
ImageImageImage

Features:
  • Removal of decoratives, fish, items on ground, corpses and pullution (optinal), smoke and inserter drain.
    Efficiency improvements for electric mining drills, pumpjacks, assembling machines, furnaces, chemical plants, oil refineries and radars

Author: AntiElitz

Changelog
v0.1.6:
-Fixed a bug where the uninstall button didn't work
-Added compatibility with "Bottleneck" mod
-Added compatibility with "BioTech" mod
-Added compatibility with "A Limited Infinite Ore" mod

v0.1.5:
-Fixed a bug where crafting on very high crafting speeds was slowed down
-Fixed a bug where changes made to the config did not get recognised
-Removed feature to hide the gui after 10 seconds due to desyncs in MP
-items on ground now only get removed once after applying changes instead of after every reload due to desyncs in MP

v0.1.4:
-Hotfix: Fixed the default configuration for the "electric-mining-drill" option was "false" instead of "true"

v0.1.3:
-Fixed a bug where changes made to the config did not get registered

v0.1.2:
-Fixed a bug where entities not using "kW" caused a crash

v0.1.1:
-Minor feature: "Remove drain" now removes the drain of all entities
-Minor feature: added the Factorio forum thread as "Homepage" to the description
-Change: "Remove drain" power usage penelty reduced from 10% to 5%
-Change: Most description in the options menu got changed from "more UPS efficient" to "work in intervals" for clearification
-Fixed a bug where entities used more drain than normally

v0.1.0:
-Initial version
Last edited by AntiElitz on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ralle030583
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Post by ralle030583 »

How does the "makeing more UPS firendly work"? Does it change stats on the machine? Does it change the speed, balance of builds?
shoudnt the devs check that fixes? :D

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

Reduced file size? that makes saving go faster! yeeeeeeeeeeeee :) :)
Also im downloading this
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

ralle030583 wrote:How does the "makeing more UPS firendly work"? Does it change stats on the machine? Does it change the speed, balance of builds?
shoudnt the devs check that fixes? :D
It does remove unneeded stuff and makes entities work in short invervals, so they don't need to be updated as often. Averaga production remains the same tho.

All options have a description ingame tho, that explains what it does

ralle030583
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ralle030583 »

tested with 0.14.7 in our MP save, worked great so far only small issue our power consumtion of furnaces with eff. modules seemed to increased x4 in avg., pherhaps the modules are not taken into account right?

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

ralle030583 wrote:tested with 0.14.7 in our MP save, worked great so far only small issue our power consumtion of furnaces with eff. modules seemed to increased x4 in avg., pherhaps the modules are not taken into account right?
fixed for 0.1.1

ralle030583
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ralle030583 »

that was fast, tyvm :)

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

2 bugs:

1: The output of my furnace setup is not even half of what it was before I installed the mod even though there is more than enough supply and demand.
I use electric furnaces with 2 lvl3 speed mods and every furnace is reached by 8 beacons with 2 lvl3 speed mods each.

2: When I change the settings in the config file to false (for everything) it doesn't have any effect in game. The gui still shows the old settings and the output of my furnace setup is still very low.

Edit: A testing setup of furnaces that is supposed to completely fill a blue belt doesn't even fill half a yellow belt. This setup uses also electric furnaces but no beacons and only lvl1 speed mods.
Edit2: I just noticed that the crafting speed of the furnaces actually has been reset to 2, the original, but it still works in short intervals.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Jupiter wrote:2 bugs:

1: The output of my furnace setup is not even half of what it was before I installed the mod even though there is more than enough supply and demand.
I use electric furnaces with 2 lvl3 speed mods and every furnace is reached by 8 beacons with 2 lvl3 speed mods each.

2: When I change the settings in the config file to false (for everything) it doesn't have any effect in game. The gui still shows the old settings and the output of my furnace setup is still very low.

Edit: A testing setup of furnaces that is supposed to completely fill a blue belt doesn't even fill half a yellow belt. This setup uses also electric furnaces but no beacons and only lvl1 speed mods.
Edit2: I just noticed that the crafting speed of the furnaces actually has been reset to 2, the original, but it still works in short intervals.

may you upload your savegame? I'd like to take a look at that.

Edit: Did you try the Debug button? that should resolve the problem that the config does not get updated until i find a proper fix, however pls upload the bugged save ;)

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

AntiElite wrote:may you upload your savegame? I'd like to take a look at that.

Edit: Did you try the Debug button? that should resolve the problem that the config does not get updated until i find a proper fix, however pls upload the bugged save ;)
I'll try that. In the mean time, here is my save file.
https://we.tl/GztvEZBfse

I've also included some mandatory mods (without them my save won't work well. For example, without 'endless resources' mod you'll run out of resources very very quickly) and my copy of UPS-up, nonetheless I suspect you will get a massive content migrated warning.
I changed all settings in the config file to true again because otherwise nothing works well. That is because the crafting speed of everything is reset to normal if you set them to false but they still work periodically so their output is very low. This is a separate issue though.

For reference, all belts of iron and copper plates going into my bus are usually 100% compressed. The iron belts are atm (because of lack of demand) but copper is not. Also, all 3 green circuit belts are usually 100% packed.

Hallonen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hallonen »

UPS-up soes not play well with bottleneck. The game crashes when I hit apply in UPS-up, giving errors about bottleneck.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

This might be a temporary work around-
Disable bottleneck icons with the hotkey then run ups-up.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

"-Fixed a bug where changes made to the config did not get registered"

I just tested but nothing has changed for me. i.e. the crafting speed is reset to default (as it did before this change) but all machines still work in intervals and the gui still shows that all options are turned on while I set everything to false in the config file.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Jupiter wrote:"-Fixed a bug where changes made to the config did not get registered"

I just tested but nothing has changed for me. i.e. the crafting speed is reset to default (as it did before this change) but all machines still work in intervals and the gui still shows that all options are turned on while I set everything to false in the config file.

I found the bug, but don't know a solution to fix it yet. pressing the "debug" button in the menu should help tho
I requested a new api function to handle that bug, hope it's going to be alright then!
Last edited by AntiElitz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Jupiter wrote: 1: The output of my furnace setup is not even half of what it was before I installed the mod even though there is more than enough supply and demand.
This will be fixed with the release of 0.14.9.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

AntiElite wrote:
Jupiter wrote: 1: The output of my furnace setup is not even half of what it was before I installed the mod even though there is more than enough supply and demand.
This will be fixed with the release of 0.14.9.
Thanks!

Humpfry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Humpfry »

Hallonen wrote:UPS-up soes not play well with bottleneck. The game crashes when I hit apply in UPS-up, giving errors about bottleneck.

Second this issue, obviously like Nexela states, turning off bottleneck with hotkey button when you hit apply works, but this should be fixed so that issue doesn't happen.

Another issue I found is that when you uninstall the mod in game via the UPS gui, save the game and delete the mod (not disable it) I came back to the factory and some entities were stuck in limbo, not working, ie mainly mining drills. Might want to investigate that, I didn't have to much time to check other entities, since I scrapped the game pretty soon after.

I am not sure how the timing works on the crafting recipes in the various entities, furnaces, assembly machines -- but as i watch them I doesn't seem like they keep to the vanilla crafting speed. They chug along, stop, restart, chug a bit more, repeat if necessary until they complete, and start again.

**edit** Timing Maybe related to Jupiter's issue as i reread the post. but just my observations on all machines.

GeekBeam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GeekBeam »

bug:

high production speed machines (iron gear wheel, copper wire, sulfer, plastic) oftentimes finish working their internal buffers before inserters can refill them due to the production multiplier during active time, and thus have "downtime" that would not exist in vanilla, causing production speed of these items to lower per "active/inactive" loop, if compared to vanilla.

potential solution: increase the internal buffer that an inserter/pipe is willing to put into the machine, thus the buffer won't be able to run out before the "active" time finishes?

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Jupiter wrote:2 bugs:

GeekBeam wrote:bug:

high production speed machines (iron gear wheel, copper wire, sulfer, plastic) oftentimes finish working their internal buffers before inserters can refill them due to the production multiplier during active time, and thus have "downtime" that would not exist in vanilla, causing production speed of these items to lower per "active/inactive" loop, if compared to vanilla.

potential solution: increase the internal buffer that an inserter/pipe is willing to put into the machine, thus the buffer won't be able to run out before the "active" time finishes?
Fixed with 0.1.5

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Hallonen wrote:UPS-up soes not play well with bottleneck. The game crashes when I hit apply in UPS-up, giving errors about bottleneck.
Fixed with 0.1.6

Return to “Mods”