[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Frankzetank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Post by Frankzetank »

Ever since I have updated Rampant to version 3.3.2, it seems I am unable to have any factions except for the normal faction and acid faction. Restarting a new game gave me the same result.

My current map evolution is 0.8224.
Rampant was enabled and updates to 3.3.2 at the start of this game.
I would like to all factions to be enabled. I would also like biters to evolve like they did before I updated Rampant. They currently are unable to evolve even after killing more than 100 000 of them.

My current mods are :
Krastorio 2 v1.3.19
Krastorio 2 Assets v1.2.1
Mechanicus v1.0.7
Rampant v3.3.2
Rampant Arsenal v1.1.6
What is it really used for? v1.6.0

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
Rampant no faction evolution.zip
(11.77 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Grunni
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grunni »

Is there a webpage or post that has all the faction specifics? I see the little info hover in the mod settings menu in-game, but I'd like to know the numbers and what the attack modifications might be like. I've been dealing with spawner spitters and worms, and I've just gotten the printout for acidic biters being added to the mix.

Tels
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tels »

I'm using Rampant 2.3.3 with Krastorio 1.3.22 and Explosive Biters 2.0.5 (plus a bunch of other mods).

Whenever I destroy one of a few close-together explosive biter nests in one settlement, it explodes, takes down the other explosiv nests with it and then then game :D

This is the message:

Code: Select all

The mod Rampant (3.3.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_entity_died (ID 4)
Attack target has no health.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'set_multi_command'
        __Rampant__/libs/Squad.lua:931: in function 'retreatUnits'
        __Rampant__/control.lua:519: in function <__Rampant__/control.lua:422>
The crash happened initially with artillery, but it also happens when you go in and manually shoot at on of the nests.

I can provide a savegame being next to the biter nests, and were you can trigger the crash, if that helps.

nathanial321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Repporting two Rampant bugs: [MOD 3.3.3] Rampant

Post by nathanial321 »

Reporting two Rampant bugs:
The version of Rampant: 3.3.3; I am also using the experimental Factorio build: 1.1.89 (build 61629, win64).
What is your map evolution: Beginning of the game
Was Rampant added at the start of a game: Yes
A brief description of what you are experiencing: I experienced three errors all at one: a non-recoverable error from the "fire-place" mod, which then immediately caused to errors from the "Rampant" mod. All three errors were posted in a note on the screen. I took and have attached a screenshot to this message.
A brief description of want you are expecting: I am hoping that these bugs will be fixed.
What mods are you using? Nearly 255 mods. Here is the link to the mod that is connected to these errors: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/fire-place

LEAVE A GOOD DESCRIPTION:
I created a fireplace. I placed the fireplace on the ground. I put coal in the fireplace. I was going to put fish in it to cook, but within these intermediary moments the error log came up with the three errors.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-10 181530.png
Screenshot 2023-09-10 181530.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1598 times

gobsan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gobsan »

Hi!

Bug report:

ver: 3.3.3
evolution: 28.5%
the mod was added at the start of the game

what happens: the mod crushes when I go out to kill some biters. There are a few other mods installed as well. There is a chance "combat robot overhaul" mod has something to do with it.
Basically, I ride around in a car killing things and overhauled bots follow me and help with the killing.

Here is the error:

stack traceback:

This error happened 2 times in a row (was trying to replicate it)

Safe attached. I tried a few times to go to the north-east to kill some biters. Maybe because new biters kill new bots or the other way around. But I've been playing this map for nearly 13 hours, doing the same thing and it was fine.

Thanks for the great mod!
Attachments
new_world.zip
(14.23 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

lollipops
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lollipops »

gobsan wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:56 pm
what happens: the mod crushes when I go out to kill some biters. There are a few other mods installed as well. There is a chance "combat robot overhaul" mod has something to do with it.
Recently got the same issue and i dont usee combat robot overhaul installed so its something else, for me it started after i updated some mods a week ago.

Do you use endgame perhaps?

Oomba
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Crash while Biter BBQ

Post by Oomba »

I was Burning my Way through some Biter Nests when the Game Crashed.
This was an older save i came back to a few days ago. Was running fine back then and the last few days.

Evolution Factor 0.78
Mods:
base 1.1.92 (started on 1.1.58)
alien-biomes 0.6.8 (started on 0.6.7)
flib 0.12.9 (recently added)
ArmouredBiters 1.1.9 (started on 1.1.5)
PipeVisualizer 1.0.6 (recently added)
Rampant 3.3.3 (started on 2.2.0)
----------------------------------------------------

stack traceback:
Attachments
Oomba_Rampant_Crash_Autosave.zip
(11.44 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Baleur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baleur »

Is there a readme or something somewhere that explains the mod settings in more detail?

I'm playing with Space Exploration and while the SE preset when making a new game is fine (lowers biter evolution rate etc), i do get a bit worried regarding the ramp-up in biter assaults (and especially siege nests) as i've just barely gotten my first cargo rocket.

Do they keep attacking while the player is no longer on the same planet? Or is it paused until you return (i hope)?

And what settings should i look at for reducing frequency of attacks / expansions / siege bases forming?
From the tooltips it seems to be the Difficulty scaling setting, which i tried changing to 0.5 but didnt really see any difference.

Also checked the debug settings, and i assume the majority of difficulty scaling will come from as it says, reducing the "action points" the factions get per unit of time, so they have less to spend on biters, attacks, etc?

Are there any other settings i should look at to basically just "slow down" the biters?
I still want large attacks and challenging spread of bases, just at like half the rate of speed.
Longer time between the attacks and sieges, etc.

Thanks for an incredible mod, the way the biters choose to test new weakpoints is some of the smartest AI i've seen in a game tbh.

Arcurus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arcurus »

Thx for creating this mod which increases the challenge to the game.

Is there a way to limit the base expansions of the Ai? I mean not the normal new base building i mean the new Spawners which appear on mass if pollution hits the base and super fast extend to directly your own base?

Ideally I want to have challenging AI attacks but i dont want constantly the hole map full up alien bases if pollution hits them.

Some kind of option to limit the the base extensions would be nice.

Return to “Mods”