[MOD 0.14] Sticky notes - leave notes or signs on the map

Topics and discussion about specific mods
primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Sticky notes - leave notes or signs on the map

Post by primedead »

I added the newest version and when we delete anything we get a desync (role doesn't matter). this is the modpack https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vR0 ... k1BNUxKNHc

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

primedead wrote:I added the newest version and when we delete anything we get a desync (role doesn't matter). this is the modpack https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vR0 ... k1BNUxKNHc
When you say "anything", you mean any object of the game, even if it's not a note ??? or you are talking about the DELETE button on a note ?

It's stange : I tested it with 1 server and 3 clients, and deleting notes does create any problem with me.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

binbinhfr wrote:
primedead wrote:I added the newest version and when we delete anything we get a desync (role doesn't matter). this is the modpack https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vR0 ... k1BNUxKNHc
When you say "anything", you mean any object of the game, even if it's not a note ??? or you are talking about the DELETE button on a note ?

It's stange : I tested it with 1 server and 3 clients, and deleting notes does create any problem with me.
It was a problem with another mod added, Latest version seems to work awesome. Thanks!

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Would you be willing to add an option to the config file so Map-mark is on by default?

Also, when you use alt-w on an entity, any way that the name you gave the entity can be blueprinted?

Thanks for the great mods you do!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also minor bug - Removing Sticky notes mod leaves all sticky notes on the map.
Easiest way around this would be to duplicate the flying-text entity and use that entity for the labels.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

charmead wrote:Would you be willing to add an option to the config file so Map-mark is on by default?
Also, when you use alt-w on an entity, any way that the name you gave the entity can be blueprinted?
Turned out to be very simple to add auto_mapmark = true to the config and control.lua for auto mapmark true or false, also added text_default, so I can change it from the word "text" to what I want for the default text in the config, which is then used in the control.lua.

Now if the blueprints would keep the text. :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

charmead wrote:Now if the blueprints would keep the text. :)
This blueprint question was already asked by another user in this thread.
Alas, blueprint cannot copy the private settings of the note (text, etc...). It will just create new empty notes. I did not see anything offering this opportunity in the API.

I added default mapmark and text in the config.lua. You can update on portal.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

binbinhfr wrote:
charmead wrote:Now if the blueprints would keep the text. :)
This blueprint question was already asked by another user in this thread.
Alas, blueprint cannot copy the private settings of the note (text, etc...). It will just create new empty notes. I did not see anything offering this opportunity in the API.

I added default mapmark and text in the config.lua. You can update on portal.
Sorry I missed that about the blueprint, and many thanks for the mapmark = true and default text being added to the config!

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NiftyManiac »

I made some changes to the mod to allow inter-operation with blueprints and blueprint-string. It uses invisible constant combinators to store the data, and I've just got to fix graphics right now. (and migration)

Would you like to integrate this? If not, may I distribute my own version?

If you do want to add this, the easiest way would be through github; that way I could also fix any bugs that pop up later easily, and others could too.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

NiftyManiac wrote:Would you like to integrate this? If not, may I distribute my own version?
Currently, alas, I have not much time to spend on Factorio, even if I still love this game. So feel free to distribute your own version, keeping my name in the credits ;-)
Please send me a link to this new version when you'll post it.

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NiftyManiac »

I'll be publishing my version shortly, though I'm trying to figure out a way to migrate existing notes... If people wanted to use my version they'd need to remove the current mod, but that would mean losing all of their existing notes, since they're stored in a global mod-specific table. I don't suppose I can publish a new mod with the same name... Any ideas? Best thing I can think of is asking people to rename the new mod to the original one, opening it to let migration happen, and naming it back. That way I can deal with migration by having access to the same data.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

NiftyManiac wrote:I'll be publishing my version shortly, though I'm trying to figure out a way to migrate existing notes... If people wanted to use my version they'd need to remove the current mod, but that would mean losing all of their existing notes, since they're stored in a global mod-specific table. I don't suppose I can publish a new mod with the same name... Any ideas? Best thing I can think of is asking people to rename the new mod to the original one, opening it to let migration happen, and naming it back. That way I can deal with migration by having access to the same data.
You can also ask the devs if it is possible for me to transfer the original mod to your account ?

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NiftyManiac »

Yeah, that'd be easiest. I've asked in a couple of places, no response yet.

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Sticky notes - leave notes or signs on the map

Post by NiftyManiac »

Alrighty! The devs were able to transfer the mod to me. Version 2.1.0 is up, adding support for blueprints: move around your notes with blueprints as you like, and you can even share them in blueprint strings.

Let me know here (or, even better, on the github issues page) if you run into any problems.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

NiftyManiac wrote:Alrighty! The devs were able to transfer the mod to me.
Great. Have fun, and long live to "sticky notes" :-)

DrNoid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrNoid »

The latest version throws errors when AutoDeconstruct marks items for deconstruction.
Error happens on control.lua:663: bad argument #2 to '__index' (string expected, got nil)

That line is:
local force = game.players[event.player_index].force

It is caused by the event not being caused by a player but by a mod (AutoDeconstruct), thus event.player_index doesn't exist.

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NiftyManiac »

Thanks. Funny how to order or cancel entity deconstruction, you need to provide a force, but the event doesn't have to specify one.

Should be fixed now in 2.1.1.

Xelan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xelan »

the current version seems to have a nasty bug, which crashes not only the game but ultimately can destroy the savegame too (the last at least if you are running it on a server like we do) :!: Good thing that there's the autosave feature.
Regarding the bug: I'm/was using the street sign version, which should be indestructible with the default settings. Well, turn's out they aren't indestructible. Yes, you can run into them with a tank and nothing happens, BUT if fire gets just close enough or you deconstruct the note with your right click or you lag into the sign with a vehicle (yes, happened to me-.-) the game crashes. In case of the game running on a server this destroys your current savegame, since the map is saved even with the client and server crashing, resulting in another crash of the server the moment it beginns to load the map for a connecting client. I attached the server log for debugging purposes.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

This is something for the bug reports sections, not the mod thread.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

This is the correct place for it (event better would be github issues), it is a script crash on an invalid entity.

Return to “Mods”