[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.1+] Creative Mode 0.3.0 - Update for 0.15!

Post by Mooncat »

mavzor wrote:Error while running event creative-mode::on_tick (ID 0)
__creative-mode__/scripts/util.lua:177: attempt to index local 'item' (a number value)

When enabling instant construction/blueprint laying and applying a blueprint
Thanks for the report.
The bug is caused by having modules in the blueprint. Looks like the data structure of item requests (e.g. modules) have finally been fixed to match the API doc.
Will be fixed in the next version.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.1+] Creative Mode 0.3.1 - Updated for 0.15!

Post by Mooncat »

Released v0.3.1 with the shortest changelog ever (except v0.0.1).
Changelog
Wanted to do more. But I'm too tired today.
The boilers are still broken. I'm thinking about changing their entity types entirely.

ScottyDoesKnow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ScottyDoesKnow »

Thanks for the quick updates. I did notice that matter sources don't seem to compress belts if you put them directly into an underground. Easy to workaround by just using one regular belt first.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:Thanks for the quick updates. I did notice that matter sources don't seem to compress belts if you put them directly into an underground. Easy to workaround by just using one regular belt first.
Yes, it is a known issue and can't fix on my side. Also true if you use matter source on splitters. But I haven't and properly won't request the devs to fix this, because I think this is not a usual case? :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Mooncat wrote:
ScottyDoesKnow wrote:Thanks for the quick updates. I did notice that matter sources don't seem to compress belts if you put them directly into an underground. Easy to workaround by just using one regular belt first.
Yes, it is a known issue and can't fix on my side. Also true if you use matter source on splitters. But I haven't and properly won't request the devs to fix this, because I think this is not a usual case? :)
I think matter source and drain are obsolete. Duplicating/Void chests with loaders yields much better performance. (even when placing down one for each side of the belt)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Optera wrote:I think matter source and drain are obsolete. Duplicating/Void chests with loaders yields much better performance. (even when placing down one for each side of the belt)
Not quite obsolete, point a matter source at a machine and it automatically fills it :)

Bomaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bomaz »

After upgrading my save to 0.15 I can't seem to build the creative buildings. Is there something I need to do to reenable them?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Bomaz wrote:After upgrading my save to 0.15 I can't seem to build the creative buildings. Is there something I need to do to reenable them?
you need to enable creative tool recipes under team cheats.
creative.recipes.png
creative.recipes.png (109.88 KiB) Viewed 7865 times

Bomaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bomaz »

impetus maximus wrote:
Bomaz wrote:After upgrading my save to 0.15 I can't seem to build the creative buildings. Is there something I need to do to reenable them?
you need to enable creative tool recipes under team cheats.
Great, thanks

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Just a quick head's up - loving creative mode in 0.15 as always, but the Fluid Source works exactly the same - despite all fluid amounts having been bumped by a factor of 10 :) You can still place a load of them in parallel of course, but it would be nice to be able to eventually use a single entity like before. Not sure if that's just a quick fix or not.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Mehve wrote:Just a quick head's up - loving creative mode in 0.15 as always, but the Fluid Source works exactly the same - despite all fluid amounts having been bumped by a factor of 10 :) You can still place a load of them in parallel of course, but it would be nice to be able to eventually use a single entity like before. Not sure if that's just a quick fix or not.
It is in the next version. ;)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mooncat wrote:
Mehve wrote:Just a quick head's up - loving creative mode in 0.15 as always, but the Fluid Source works exactly the same - despite all fluid amounts having been bumped by a factor of 10 :) You can still place a load of them in parallel of course, but it would be nice to be able to eventually use a single entity like before. Not sure if that's just a quick fix or not.
It is in the next version. ;)
are you going to keep the older fluid sources as well? hope so.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

impetus maximus wrote:are you going to keep the older fluid sources as well? hope so.
But why?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

something else to tinker with. yes i know i won't help for testing purposes. ok fine get rid of it. :lol:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Possibly just missing gui.is_valid_sprite_path() checks

Modifier wand, uncheck healthless and indestructable, Select a row a running steam engines.

Unknown sprite "entity/smoke"
stack traceback:
__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu-magicwand.lua:989: in function 'create_or_destroy_modification_popup_for_player'
__creative-mode__/scripts/magic-wand-modifier.lua:206: in function 'on_player_selected_area'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:373: in function '?'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:1015: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:950>

Additional request # 323423423.324A -- Pressing the give wand button on the gui should close the gui after it gives the wand :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Possibly just missing gui.is_valid_sprite_path() checks

Modifier wand, uncheck healthless and indestructable, Select a row a running steam engines.

Unknown sprite "entity/smoke"
stack traceback:
__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu-magicwand.lua:989: in function 'create_or_destroy_modification_popup_for_player'
__creative-mode__/scripts/magic-wand-modifier.lua:206: in function 'on_player_selected_area'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:373: in function '?'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:1015: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:950>

Thanks! Fixed in the next version.
Nexela wrote:Additional request # 323423423.324A -- Pressing the give wand button on the gui should close the gui after it gives the wand :)
Maybe not. Some users, like me, sometimes change the settings after getting the magic wand.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.1+] Creative Mode 0.3.2 - Mod settings

Post by Mooncat »

Released v0.3.2!
Changelog
Sorry if this version broke your setup. Just want to make some improvements for the old things. :mrgreen:
Tried to change my custom drop-down GUIs to the new actual drop-down GUI type. But too many scripts are involved. Better wait 0.4.0.
Also tried to change surface cheat - always day into 2 cheats: freeze daytime, set daytime. But I realized freeze daytime is not readable. Made a request for that.
It's time to update my other mods. :)
(Serious bugs will be handled first.)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Well it broke more than only my setups.
Changing icon to icons was unexpected, now I have to adapt signal generation in LTN.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Optera wrote:Well it broke more than only my setups.
Changing icon to icons was unexpected, now I have to adapt signal generation in LTN.
signal generation in LTN? :?:
Is it the change on fluid void broke your setups? I can think of a way to rebuild all fluid voids with script. But if it is the settings or super boilers, sorry I can't think of a good way to handle it.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Mooncat wrote:
Optera wrote:Well it broke more than only my setups.
signal generation in LTN? :?:
Is it the change on fluid void broke your setups? I can think of a way to rebuild all fluid voids with script. But if it is the settings or super boilers, sorry I can't think of a good way to handle it.
I create virtual signals to represent every carriage so LTN can display proper train compositions. The small change in your wagons from entity.icon to entity.icons{} threw my signal generation off.
Anyway I've already adapted LTN to handle icons with tint. Who knows maybe someone really uses your wagons for automated item distribution. :lol:

Return to “Mods”