[MOD 0.13.3] Moar tanks :3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.13.3] Moar tanks :3

Post by Danielv123 »

This is a simple mod. Its aim is to bring more tanks and cars to the game for more combat diversity.

Additions:
Flame tank (unlocked after normal tank)
Green wildfire, does much more damage and burns forests faster, but it is alien science and costs artifacts.

The flame tank does of course have a flamethrower on top instead of a normal gun.
I am mainly interested in early and late game balance (how long it takes to get it, is it useful after you have gotten there?) and if it is able to deal with larger biters.

Downloads: https://github.com/Danielv123/moarTanks/releases

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.13.3] Moar tanks :3

Post by V453000 »

I knew it wouldn't take long till someone tints the fires XD

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danielv123 »

V453000 wrote:I knew it wouldn't take long till someone tints the fires XD
And so many sweet textures too! I just wonder why the spritesheet for the flame turret was ordered differently than the tank turret, it spins counter clockwise, was a bit of work to get that one straightened out!

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

I didn't realize that until now :D

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

update: science-pack-4 actually is alien-science-pack :P

also, shouldn't the recipe be something like tank + flamethrower turret, or at least tank + flamethrower, instead of flamethrower + some plates? :D

tank tech requiring blue science seems like the flamethrower tank should as well, but that's not really a big deal, it kind of makes sense

... might make sense that the tank would have 100% resist to fire

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danielv123 »

Hm, you didn't grab my bugfixing updates? Yeahm the recipe for the flame tank is a bit WIP, but I dunno what it should be called .The alien science issue is fixed now, for some reason I had forgot adding that to my modgen.

The fact that the flame tank doesn't require blue research is fine IMO, it adds some variation and you'll have it for normal tanks anyways.

Vuliev
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vuliev »

I would definitely require the flame tank to require a base tank in the recipe, or alternatively just copy the tank recipe and add a flamethrower into it.

EDIT: Actually, I'd say the recipe should be base tank + flamethrower turret. Seems like an appropriate cost for something this powerful.

And I notice something interesting--the increased AOE on the wildfire only happens when there are flammable things within the blast radius. If you ignite a bare patch of ground, it'll ignite the same area as the regular flamethrower.

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danielv123 »

Vuliev wrote:And I notice something interesting--the increased AOE on the wildfire only happens when there are flammable things within the blast radius. If you ignite a bare patch of ground, it'll ignite the same area as the regular flamethrower.
After my testing, I realized it had to be there. Flame damage stacking meant that you took thousands of damage from just standing near fire.

Return to “Mods”