Type: Mod
Name: Copper Cable Tab Fix
Description: Moves copper cable back into intermediate products tab
License: CC BY-NC 4.0
Version: 1.0.0
Release: 2016-06-23
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.35
Category: Non-Game-Changing
Tags: copper cable, fix, group, subgroup, order, intermediate product, simple, revert, quality of life, qol, lazy
Download-Url:
copper-cable-fix_1.0.0.zip
Initial Release
(793 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
Long description
Version history

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Copper Cable Tab Fix

Post by Koub »

Marry me ! (hope you're a girl btw :lol:)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Makes sense, in the sense that copper cable is productivity module compatible - afaik it's one of only two such non-intermediate intermediates - the other is stone brick.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Koub wrote:Marry me ! (hope you're a girl btw :lol:)
Heee, I'm flattered, but I don't think it's worth that much, just two lines of code to switch the subgroup and order.. ^^;
I appreciate the sentiment though, it was definitely something that had been bugging me ever since they changed it, so I'm glad that at least somebody enjoys it :D
BlakeMW wrote:Makes sense, in the sense that copper cable is productivity module compatible - afaik it's one of only two such non-intermediate intermediates - the other is stone brick.
Oh yeah, I hadn't actually thought about that part! It certainly makes more sense when you put it that way, more than just being personal preference. I also didn't know that bit about stone brick, interesting to know... I can't recall if stone brick also used to be listed under intermediate products as well.. although it's definitely less of an issue for me, compared to the amount of automation involving copper cables.
Last edited by Kryzeth on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Stone brick was moved from intermediate product to logistics when pavement with it was made possible.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

I am actually doing this in a mod im making to organize the crafting menus lol, good to see I'm not the only one that wants this, maybe I'll not make it changeable in the config :P

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

sporefreak wrote:I am actually doing this in a mod im making to organize the crafting menus lol, good to see I'm not the only one that wants this, maybe I'll not make it changeable in the config :P
Menu organization is the one thing that bugs me the most, and I'll go out of my way to fix organization in certain mods (like moving the vanilla robots from Logistics into Bob's Logistics tab). If you ever release that mod, I would definitely download it :D

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Kryzeth wrote:
sporefreak wrote:I am actually doing this in a mod im making to organize the crafting menus lol, good to see I'm not the only one that wants this, maybe I'll not make it changeable in the config :P
Menu organization is the one thing that bugs me the most, and I'll go out of my way to fix organization in certain mods (like moving the vanilla robots from Logistics into Bob's Logistics tab). If you ever release that mod, I would definitely download it :D
It seems to work fine for the most part. I would love some help with organizing the different tabs!

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

sporefreak wrote:
Kryzeth wrote:
It seems to work fine for the most part. I would love some help with organizing the different tabs!
If you are asking for my help, then I would happy to oblige any way that I can :3

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Lol. I did this ages ago, for my local mod. I suppose I never considered other people would be irritated with this as well.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Updated this to 0.14 because this bugs me too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdgyofgdqg3iy ... 0.zip?dl=1
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

SuicidalKid wrote:Updated this to 0.14 because this bugs me too.

That is actually unnecessary as 0.13 already did this (unless they changed it again in 0.14, which I don't think they did)

...I mean, unless you want copper cable exactly where I placed it in the order shown; I think vanilla 0.13/0.14 has it one slot to the right or left of where it is in my mod

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Kryzeth wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote:Updated this to 0.14 because this bugs me too.

That is actually unnecessary as 0.13 already did this (unless they changed it again in 0.14, which I don't think they did)
This is true

Return to “Mods”