[MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Post by drs9999 »

ronon101 wrote:get this bug when i try to load a world with the AP mod and its the same if the mod isnt in

Error while running oninit: ...Roaming\Factorio\mods\Anti-pollution-Mod.zip|control.lua:64: Unknown item name (cokery)
Sorry for the inconvenience, again I forgot to comment out debug-functionality. A fixed version is uploaded.
Anyway you can easily fix it yourself.
Open the control.lua file change the 5th line from

Code: Select all

startingItems()
to

Code: Select all

--startingItems()
Or just delete this line of code

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I recently added the mod to my world, and it works fine, but it seems to take a lot of energy for very little actual production.

I much prefer your treefarm mod to reduce pollution, because it can also produce fuel, and does not cost too much energy.

Sure, the sulphuric acid seems nice, but it produces so little compared to the amount of energy that it seems to be useful mostly for compact bases with access to a lot of energy.

I'm a bit sad, because I like the way the building looks, so I'm just placing them around without the recipe set.

By the way, it might be possible to make it auto-choose the recipe, because there is only one possible (for now?), just like the furnaces automatically change their recipe based on the content. Not certain though, but seems like something to request from the devs if it' not already possible.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

You aren't just paying energy to make toxic waste. Most of the energy is being spent on reducing pollution. Many people would be happy to pay this much energy JUST to reduce pollution, so the toxic waste is free for them.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

sparr wrote:You aren't just paying energy to make toxic waste. Most of the energy is being spent on reducing pollution. Many people would be happy to pay this much energy JUST to reduce pollution, so the toxic waste is free for them.
Yes, all in all the above post sums up the basic idea behind the mod. Just see the toxic-waste as a "bonus" you get for cleaning the air.
slay_mithos wrote:I much prefer your treefarm mod to reduce pollution, because it can also produce fuel, and does not cost too much energy.
I have to admit that I tend to do the same :D
In my current game, I use 2 "pollution-barriers". The first one is made out of air-filter and surrounds my factory with a small gap between them. And the second one is made out of treefarms placed where pollution barely exist.
slay_mithos wrote:By the way, it might be possible to make it auto-choose the recipe, because there is only one possible (for now?), just like the furnaces automatically change their recipe based on the content. Not certain though, but seems like something to request from the devs if it' not already possible.
Excellent idea! I will try that.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

drs9999 wrote: I have to admit that I tend to do the same :D
In my current game, I use 2 "pollution-barriers". The first one is made out of air-filter and surrounds my factory with a small gap between them. And the second one is made out of treefarms placed where pollution barely exist.
why not do it the other way around? the trees should come in first place because they're free and then the air filters to catch everything else, seems more energy efficient that way

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I do not think so, because the energy consumption do not depend on the actual pollution. So the most energy-efficient way is to place the filter in a chunk which pollution never reach zero. That way the filter can use his whole capacity to clean the air, whereas some capacity is wasted in a chunk in which pollution barely exist.

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

Awesome mod now i can really get rid of pollution completely once i hook-up some accumulators and solar panels and some of these around. :D

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.1.0

Post by filippe999 »

drs9999 wrote:Yes I thought about water as an ingredient, but I then decide not to do it, because in the end water is for free (apart from the initial building-costs for pump and pipe) so compared to the actual implementation the only difference is that the player have to place another (maybe annoying) pipe through his base.
But maybe some other ingredients, like coal(-dust)?

@Deathmage
It produces CO2 already, but it is released directly into the enviroment :D
Just kidding, any ideas for dry ice uses? The point is that I want to avoid situations where you sit on tons and tons of useless stuff.

Anyway it is just 0.1.0 - there is plenty of room for improvements and expansion. Suggestions are always welcome!
What about you implement the "green-mainframe" a type of computer that behaves in a similar way to a beacon, it decreases the pollution emission of machines around it, but only pollution speed, consumption and productivity are unaffected, it could use dry-ice/water as coolant, water being less effective.

SirPhoenixBlood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SirPhoenixBlood »

getting this error every time i try to use this mod so i first fig out to rename the zip file from "Anti-Pollution-Mod" to "Anti-Pollution-Mod_0.2.1"

but then i am getting this error every time i try to use this mod after the rename

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Last edited by drs9999 on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 20:30
There have been changes in the mod API since then. The mod will need some adaptation to work with 0.11.22.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SirPhoenixBlood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

ok so the mods not been updated sigh that sucks i kind of wanted this to clean up all the pollution is there another mod just like this one not one that just cuts down on how much is made

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Indirectly : you could use treefarm for that : trees absorb a little pollution iirc. but they won't be as efficient, and I guess you'll need a sh*iload of them if you're highly polluted.
However, there are chances a modder sees this thread and corrects this mod for current version ^^
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SirPhoenixBlood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

then here is to a dream that may never come :cry:

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

SirPhoenixBlood wrote:then here is to a dream that may never come :cry: