[MOD 0.12.17+] Combat variations 0.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.17+] Combat variations 0.1.0

Post by sporefreak »

MrDoomah wrote:
sporefreak wrote: I found a bug. When setting any item filter (Smart inserters for example) the Aliens are able to be selected for filters. Also in said alien filters the brood mother looks very humanoid,
sporefreak wrote:I just learned that the enemies have items that can be used to spawn them, I wasnt aware of this but it makes so much sense now lol.

Whoops, I made those items to test out the biters. I'll remove them in a new update.
On the contrary, Maybe just make them disabled by default? I would love to be able to spawn biters like that eventually so i can see just how much my base can handle

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

But they aren't craftable and when you spawn them they are on your force.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

MrDoomah wrote:But they aren't craftable and when you spawn them they are on your force.
Oh, well okay :c
Thanks for the great mod!

Don't suppose the ammo inserter will ever support modded ammo?
Also 42 days of inserting isn't long enough ;P

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

Edited*
All of this below is no use*

You can support modded ammo by your own.
Open control.lua in main folder (use notepad++ to make it very easy).

You need to go to line 51, you will see there this
code
Now copy and paste this code under the last inserter.set_filter. Write exact ammo name in "" and replace x with a number of how much ammo inserter should pick up
code
It would look like this
added 2 new ammo types
Note that there is no function set to make it easy so you have to add every ammo separately (like x-1, x-2 etc)
Last edited by Lightning_Bird on Mon May 30, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my github.
You can find there polish locale etc.

Your game is too dark? Use this
terrain files to make your game look nice and cozy.
Looking for a cool mod pack? Check out this!

sore68
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sore68 »

Lightning_Bird wrote:
You can get these using :
DyTech's War mod and Swarm.
You would need only DyTech War and DyTech Core. Look through the config file to adjust the difficulty and turn off cheats.

Thank you for your advice!!
but dytech is some problem my another mod :(

and I was able to find, thanks to your advice, Natural Evolution mod!!
maybe.. I think similar functions... powerful aliens!!
Thanks Lightning Bird!! :D

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Lightning_Bird wrote:
sporefreak wrote: Don't suppose the ammo inserter will ever support modded ammo?
You can support modded ammo by your own.
Open control.lua in main folder (use notepad++ to make it very easy).

You need to go to line 51, you will see there this
code
Now copy and paste this code under the last inserter.set_filter. Write exact ammo name in "" and replace x with a number of how much ammo inserter should pick up
code
It would look like this
added 2 new ammo types
Note that there is no function set to make it easy so you have to add every ammo separately (like x-1, x-2 etc)
Except this is false.

the set_filter command takes filter and slot, not filter and count. And it is impossible to create an inserter with more than 5 filter slots, believe me, I tried.
Other than that, you can iterate over all items and check for item.type == "ammo".

However, from what I've seen for 0.13, there might be a solution ;).

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

MrDoomah wrote:
Except this is false.

the set_filter command takes filter and slot, not filter and count. And it is impossible to create an inserter with more than 5 filter slots, believe me, I tried.
Other than that, you can iterate over all items and check for item.type == "ammo".

However, from what I've seen for 0.13, there might be a solution ;).
My bad then :)
Here's my github.

vaultdweller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vaultdweller »

A few thoughts after using this:

I found it effectively impossible to use the explosive shells in cannon turrets, as they end up absolutely wrecking my walls with the splash damage. Is there any possibility of implementing a minimum range for these turrets, so they won't shoot at targets that are too close to avoid friendly fire? Supreme Warfare managed to get minimum ranges in place for its artillery pieces, though that mod seems to have some fairly substantial custom logic for target selection and range.

I want to love the electric fences, but they just have too many problems with construction bots. Construction bots can't deconstruct them, which makes them very tedious to use in temporary fortifications. It doesn't seem like construction bots can replace them when they're destroyed, either. Also, it would be nice to be able to put gates in the fences without disrupting their electrical flow.

Those issues aside, my group is enjoying the mod. We tweaked the range upwards on the cannon turrets and adjusted the magazine cost and size (because otherwise it's hard to carry enough ammo to the front lines to use them offensively in a deathworld), and having a formation of 20+ cannons blasting away at the biter hordes just feels epic.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

vaultdweller wrote:A few thoughts after using this:

I found it effectively impossible to use the explosive shells in cannon turrets, as they end up absolutely wrecking my walls with the splash damage. Is there any possibility of implementing a minimum range for these turrets, so they won't shoot at targets that are too close to avoid friendly fire? Supreme Warfare managed to get minimum ranges in place for its artillery pieces, though that mod seems to have some fairly substantial custom logic for target selection and range.
I wanted to keep it simple. If you don't want your walls destroyed, don't use explosive ammo ;).
vaultdweller wrote:I want to love the electric fences, but they just have too many problems with construction bots. Construction bots can't deconstruct them, which makes them very tedious to use in temporary fortifications. It doesn't seem like construction bots can replace them when they're destroyed, either. Also, it would be nice to be able to put gates in the fences without disrupting their electrical flow.
This new version fixes the bots issue: download/file.php?id=11777. As for gates, you can just place electric poles around them?
vaultdweller wrote:Those issues aside, my group is enjoying the mod. We tweaked the range upwards on the cannon turrets and adjusted the magazine cost and size (because otherwise it's hard to carry enough ammo to the front lines to use them offensively in a deathworld), and having a formation of 20+ cannons blasting away at the biter hordes just feels epic.
Thank you! :D

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

sore68 wrote: Thank you for your advice!!
but dytech is some problem my another mod :(

and I was able to find, thanks to your advice, Natural Evolution mod!!
maybe.. I think similar functions... powerful aliens!!
Thanks Lightning Bird!! :D
If you need help with something regarding those mods not working well together, feel free to write a pm :)
Here's my github.

TrojanEnder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.17+] Combat variations 0.1.1

Post by TrojanEnder »

Request:

New separate MOD that has just the 5X Destroyer Capsules bit and nothing else. This is my favorite part of this mod. All of it is cool, but I don't want to change the game that much. I just like the idea of being able to condense my capsules and deploy them 25 at a time. It would be a serious helper mod for late game. I see there is some way to disable parts of the mod, but I don't understand Lua at all and I'm afraid I'll break something. If this is easy for someone to do I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

TrojanEnder wrote:
Here you go. All turned off except stacked destroyer capsule.
Combat-variations_0.1.1.zip
(332.56 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Fixed.
Last edited by Lightning_Bird on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here's my github.

TrojanEnder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TrojanEnder »

Lightning_Bird wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:
Thanks for doing that. I did get an error though.

Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __Combat-variations__/control.lua:26: attempt to index field 'hand-cannon' (a nil value)

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

TrojanEnder wrote:
Lightning_Bird wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:

Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __Combat-variations__/control.lua:26: attempt to index field 'hand-cannon' (a nil value)
I don't have access to my files atm, but if memory serves correct you can just comment out that line. It probably says something about enabling the hand cannon if militairy 4 is researched, just place two dashes (--) in front of it and you're probably good to go.

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

TrojanEnder wrote:
Lightning_Bird wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:

Download it again. Should be good.
Here's my github.

TrojanEnder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TrojanEnder »

MrDoomah wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:
Lightning_Bird wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:

I don't have access to my files atm, but if memory serves correct you can just comment out that line. It probably says something about enabling the hand cannon if militairy 4 is researched, just place two dashes (--) in front of it and you're probably good to go.
Did this and it worked. Who knew I could find what you were talking about? Who knew you could rezip files like that? Crazy! This is all very exciting! Especially the stacked destroyers! Exclamation Point! Also thank you Lightning_Bird!

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

TrojanEnder wrote:
MrDoomah wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:
Lightning_Bird wrote:
TrojanEnder wrote:

Did this and it worked. Who knew I could find what you were talking about? Who knew you could rezip files like that? Crazy! This is all very exciting! Especially the stacked destroyers! Exclamation Point! Also thank you Lightning_Bird!
Technically, you don't even need to rezip it. Just a folder works just as well. Zips are just 1) easier to distribute and 2) load faster when starting factorio.

Just keep in mind that your variation of this mod is different to the full version. That means that you can't join others in MP with this mod and if you download an updated version (not that there is one atm) it might behave unexpected.

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Galacticruler »

The combat Inserter does not like the shotgun turret from my mod Utilities N' More. I'm unsure if its the shotgun shells or the two inventory slots it has.
EDIT:
Also it appears modded ammo is unsupported as well.
PC is best.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Galacticruler wrote:The combat Inserter does not like the shotgun turret from my mod Utilities N' More. I'm unsure if its the shotgun shells or the two inventory slots it has.
EDIT:
Also it appears modded ammo is unsupported as well.
Not surprising. It is an unmodifiable filter inserter, which is preset with the select types of ammo. Look at the code, edit it as needed, to add all other ammo types.

Given the dynamic capsule generation, that should really be automatic too, imo. Or be changable, but after applying a setting it should remove it if it isn't an ammo type item.

The Capsule launcher ammo should require a machine to be made, like engines. by the time you have them, you will be making them automatically anyway, and it would be nice if you didn't accidently misclick and make a bunch of useless ammo for something you didn't even unlock yet.

Also I wish we had Dynamic localization. the Agent Orange and Flare ammo-Capsules are kinda funny.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

uncaringdarek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by uncaringdarek »

Is there a new version of this by chance that will run with 0.14.21? I have been looking at this mod for some time now and would love to use it but it won't run with the newer version of factorio. Thanks and it looks great! I've seen videos and read a lot about it.

Appreciate your time.

Return to “Mods”