Topics and discussion about specific mods
Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Hunting Grounds- Tame this vile world. - 0.1.0

Post by Raught19 »

Type: Mod
Name: Hunting Grounds
Description: A collection of specialized weapons and ammo.
License: MIT
Version: 0.1.0
Release: 5/23/2016
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.33
Category: Vanilla+
Tags: Weapon, Gun, Alien, Evolution, Balance

Fluff Descriptionn
Spoiler Description
Pictures

Compatibility
Downloads Requirements Recommendations
Version history
Credits
To Do
Next Update Spoilers

Please give feedback! :D
Attachments
Hunting_Grounds_0.1.0.zip
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS SECTION
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
Last edited by Raught19 on Wed May 25, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Hunting Grounds- Tame this vile world. - 0.1.0

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Hmm, the download site doesn't work for me. Do you have a alternative?

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Hmm, the download site doesn't work for me. Do you have a alternative?
Sure thing, setting it up now :)

EDIT: Added as Attachment and an additional Mirror just incase :)
Last edited by Raught19 on Tue May 24, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Just tried it again and this time it worked. So some fluke or something I guess.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

This looks great,
I'll give it a try in my existing game!

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

Next Update will have my extremely simple but very fluffy, Hunting Trophies! They ward away future biter expansions from an area. I wanted a better-less-cheesy-feel to ward away expansions. Rather than placing random items out in the Wilderness. Or stonewall squares which I have been fond of in the past.

Before and After placement. (Green circles in minimap show possible biter expansion locations.)
Picture

This land is mine now.
Picture

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Heh sweet. I assume for these you'd need some wood and you'll sacrifice some percentage of your acquired Alien Artefacts in order to "sculpt" the bodies.

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

Shrooblord wrote:Heh sweet. I assume for these you'd need some wood and you'll sacrifice some percentage of your acquired Alien Artefacts in order to "sculpt" the bodies.
Yep :) at the moment it costs 3 raw wood and 5 small alien artifacts. Its supposed to be kinda cheap and easy to make as its function is very simple haha. At the moment it doesn't require a technology.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Was playing a little last night and just wanted to say that these additions are really nice.
BTW, do you use ExtraChests? If not, you should really give it a try. Upgrades the icons wonderfully when using Bob's.

Love the trophy idea :) I always just run around placing small electric poles to stop expansion.

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

TheSAguy wrote:Was playing a little last night and just wanted to say that these additions are really nice.
BTW, do you use ExtraChests? If not, you should really give it a try. Upgrades the icons wonderfully when using Bob's.

Love the trophy idea :) I always just run around placing small electric poles to stop expansion.
Thanks for checking it out! I appreciate all feedback :D

I have not seen that mod, but that looks pretty cool! I'll have to branch out more and try out Bob's other mods besides enemies haha.

New Info for next update
I will probably release in the next 1-3 days, want more feedback before I change versions.

-Incendiary Grenades-
Pictures
-Attack Pheromone Capsules-
So credits to this one largely goes to TheSAGuy, as its based/inspired by his Alien Control Station which is fantastic work.
Pictures

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

...is it just me, or is it near impossible to kill a stone rock anymore? I tried using a shotgun to clear some boulders, and my shots were only dealing about 2 damage per hit, and the tooltip said this mod was the only one that was affecting it. I went in and deleted the changes to stone-rock entity under overrides, and then I noticed the boulders being even squishier than usual, presumably because of the buffs to the weapons (which also only mention this mod under the tooltip).

Is there any middle ground for this, or how else are you supposed to clear rocks early game?

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

Kryzeth wrote:...is it just me, or is it near impossible to kill a stone rock anymore? I tried using a shotgun to clear some boulders, and my shots were only dealing about 2 damage per hit, and the tooltip said this mod was the only one that was affecting it. I went in and deleted the changes to stone-rock entity under overrides, and then I noticed the boulders being even squishier than usual, presumably because of the buffs to the weapons (which also only mention this mod under the tooltip).

Is there any middle ground for this, or how else are you supposed to clear rocks early game?
The rocks are super weak to explosions, so grenades work best to clear out rocks. I was originally going to add explosive charges for destroying rocks into ore, but I've been preoccupied with the release of Total Warhammer XD with 13 around the corner I slowed down dev since so much is changing

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Well I guess this will be a non-issue when you update to the mod to 0.13, because minable stone! One of my favorite new features, second only to landfill<3
So I retract my complaint. Although... I've never really built grenades.. ah x_x

Return to “Mods”