• Download:
    GACKIT_0.12.0.zip
    (20.28 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
  • License: GPL
  • Dependencies: Base game only.
  • Tags: Trees, Science, Not science
  • Author: UberWaffe

Long Description:
Gaia And Chronos Kissing In a Tree is a mod about instantly growing large forests by calling upon two eldrich forces... err, laws of nature through the power of SCIENCE and the proven chemical potential of shiny pink eggs (and not at all by copious amounts of death, destruction and blood sacrifices).

Basically, it is a way to use up excess alien artifact while instantly creating forests that can then suck up some pollution.

You can craft a GACKIT seed from 1 raw wood + 10 alien artifacts. Placing it down (either yourself or via robots) will instantly spawn a patch of thick forest.
Placing multiple GACKIT seeds close to one has no real benefit other than being wasteful. (A single seed will already make a very thick forest).
The GACKIT research is unlocked once alien science is researched, and it takes only alien science packs.

Credit to the Toxic Jungle Mod. (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=22348)
Most of the code is a direct copy and paste from that.

Images
Poof trees
Bugs
None.

Future Plans
Get a graphic for a giant tree. Make giant tree basically a massive pollution eater.

Meaningless Sales Pitch
Drowning in little pink fish eggs? GACKIT!
Being choked by guilt over strip mining all of nature? (as well as by the giant looming thick smog cloud of death you have created) GACKIT!
Want to make a pretty little park? GACKIT!
GACKIT is the amazing new product made possible through the power of SCIENCE! (and just a teensie tiny little smidgen of a sliver of eldritch forces of nature and time)
that allows you to instantaneously create lush forest that are both beautiful and functional! Not only will it make your eyes glitter with anime delight as well as suck up pollution like any proper thick forest should! But it will also convert those utterly useless pink marbles into the most useful resource in all of existence, WOOD!

But that is not all! Have an annoying friend that keeps following you around? GACKIT! Plant a seed at their feet and trap them in the most annoying force on the planet. Trees!
Do the same to biters and turn them into unwilling lumberjacks!

GACKIT is available for the low low price of a single raw log and a mere ten shiny pink fish eggs. (GACKIT! is 99.99% guaranteed not to be functioning on the blood of the unborn or similar disturbing principles. Side effects may include: Forest apocalypse, chrono-paradoxes, heavy raking during fall and death. No refunds.)
Last edited by UberWaffe on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: G.A.C.K.I.T

Post by Galacticruler »

UberWaffe wrote: Future Plans
Get a graphic for a giant tree. Make giant tree basically a massive pollution eater.
You might try here for a tree to use: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... rees&hl=en

Just a quick question, as I don't see it mentioned in the post...how do you use it?
PC is best.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

@Galacticruler:
Thanks for the link to the 3d tree models.

Also, I've updated the main post to explain the use a bit better.
But basically the GACKIT research is unlock by alien science, and you craft a GACKIT seed from 1 raw wood + 10 alien artifacts.
Placing the seed instantly spawns a patch of forest, with some silly special effects fluff to slightly obscure the fact that the trees just magically appear.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Love it. Only change id do is have it plant a forrest of seedlings that grow into trees after a few days. Potentially grow faster the more pollution they are absorbing (the more food available for them)

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

@seronis:
The treefarm mod does pretty much exactly that already.
The idea here is to avoid the lua script lag that is typical of Treefarm if you attempt to grow several thousand trees at the same time. (I.e. say all around the perimeter of your base).

Return to “Mods”