Topics and discussion about specific mods
DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.14.x] Small Artifacts

Post by DevilXD »

Type: Mod
Name: Small Artifacts
Description: Makes enemies drop small artifacts !
License: Creative Commons
Version: 1.0.6
Release date: 2016-04-25
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.13.0+
Category: Gameplay, Convenience
Tags: Small, Artifact, Loot, Enemies
Author: DevilXD
Long description
Version history
Any kind of feedback will be appreciated :D

Download:
Attachments
Small_Artifacts_1.0.6.zip
Compatible with version 0.14+
Total downloaded: 286 times+
(54.53 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Last edited by DevilXD on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Small Artifacts

Post by Shekki »

Good mod for extra alien artifacts, I think this will be helpful with bob's mods that I'm going to test on someday.

One problem though, I can't see anyway to make small ones to large ones, not by handcraft, assembly, chemical plant, smelting or oil refinery. So How I craft small ones?

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Shekki wrote:Good mod for extra alien artifacts, I think this will be helpful with bob's mods that I'm going to test on someday.

One problem though, I can't see anyway to make small ones to large ones, not by handcraft, assembly, chemical plant, smelting or oil refinery. So How I craft small ones?
The Small Alien Artifacts drop from the Biter and Spitters when you kill them. You have to research Alien Technology research in order to unlock the crafting recipe for Alien Artifacts. Then, you can find it under Intermediate Products tab, on the bottom.

I should have probably add the information about requiring Alien Technology research to the mod description... I'm going to do that now =)

EDIT: Oh, my mod is missing the migration script (the recipe will not show up on the existing saves). I thought I had that covered... It's fixed in the 1.0.2 version :D

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

Yeah, I had that research done already. Okay, I'll get new version =) Finally over with this all hoarding.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Mod update: Added some configuration possibilities to the top of data.lua file

Have fun using my mod :)

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Small Artifacts

Post by DevilXD »

I've just updated my Small Artifacts mod to be compatible with the 0.13 version of the game :D

Have fun chewing through the biters ;)

atomicmew
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by atomicmew »

Instead of a new item and crafting mechanism, is it possible to give a small chance of droppinga normal artifact? E.g., 1% for small biters, 5% for large, etc.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

atomicmew wrote:Instead of a new item and crafting mechanism, is it possible to give a small chance of dropping a normal artifact? E.g., 1% for small biters, 5% for large, etc.
Yes, it is possible. Do you want me to add that as an option (configurable in the config) to my mod ? :)

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Hey guys, I want to let you know that I just updated the Small Artifacts mod to the 1.0.5 version :D

Changes - I rebalanced the whole mod, so the Small Alien Artifacts gathering and processing is much more worth it. The recipe now requires only 25 Small Artifacts and enemies drop the more often and in higher quantities.

Have fun farming the biters ;)

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Could you upload your mod to the mod portal?

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Small Artifacts

Post by DevilXD »

Mod updated to work with version 0.14 :)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I like this mod, and I imagine it's even more fun if it's enabled from the beginning of the game, rather than only in the late mid-game which was when I decided I wanted to try it.

Thanks for making and updating it.

But when I run out to harvest Alien Artifacts, and use the Construction Robots from my Personal RoboPort to pick them up (using the red Deconstruction Planner "blueprint"), the normal Artifacts and the Small Artifacts, I also get an unholy amount of Wood in my inventory. Is there some trick that I'm not aware of, to get my Robots to pick up only Artifacts, or only Small Artifacts?

Before I started using this mod, I didn't mind manually walking over the Artifacts to pick them up, because they were pretty nicely placed in clusters, on top of the destroyed Nests. But with these new Small ones, they're scattered all over the place. It doesn't feel at all Factorio to have to run around covering almost every square meter of ground, just to pick them up.

This isn't a criticism of this mod. I'm merely asking for advice on how to cope with it during Artifact raids.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Peter34 wrote:But when I run out to harvest Alien Artifacts, and use the Construction Robots from my Personal RoboPort to pick them up (using the red Deconstruction Planner "blueprint"), the normal Artifacts and the Small Artifacts, I also get an unholy amount of Wood in my inventory. Is there some trick that I'm not aware of, to get my Robots to pick up only Artifacts, or only Small Artifacts?

Before I started using this mod, I didn't mind manually walking over the Artifacts to pick them up, because they were pretty nicely placed in clusters, on top of the destroyed Nests. But with these new Small ones, they're scattered all over the place. It doesn't feel at all Factorio to have to run around covering almost every square meter of ground, just to pick them up.

This isn't a criticism of this mod. I'm merely asking for advice on how to cope with it during Artifact raids.
Try to not fight the enemies in the middle of the woods, so you don't have to 'extract' the artifacts from between the trees. Also, instead of making just one big square with the deconstruction planner, make a couple of smaller ones that will cover most of the artifacts without getting huge amount of wood - that's what I'm doing at least :)

Return to “Mods”