Topics and discussion about specific mods
Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Mod Iconizer

Post by Roktaal »

Mod Iconizer

Info:
Replaces various mod buttons that have text with buttons that have icons.

Important Notice:
If you used version 1.0.0 of Mod Iconizer follow steps below:
1. Remove/Disable Mod Iconizer
2. Remove/Disable all affected mods (Advanced Logistic System, Foreman, Orbital Ion Cannon, Research Queue, The Fat Controller, Upgrade Planner)
Removing Foreman will remove all your saved blueprints. Make sure you save/export your blueprints before proceeding with this step
3. Open your save game and save it
4. Add/Enable all affected mods (Foreman, The Fat Controller, Research Queue, Upgrade Planner)
5. Add/Enable Mod Iconizer
6. Load your save game
7. Enjoy and forgive me for the caused inconvenience

If you want to remove this mod and stop using it, follow steps 1-4 above
License
Long Description
Version history
Planned Features
Use in Mod Packs
Last edited by Roktaal on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Mod Iconizer

Post by Factorio2016 »

it is very good.
It's more convenient and looks nicer.
English is not my native language. Translator.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

There should be style guidelines for making gui in mods and this should be a standart
I also strongly wanted buttons to be grouped together by category (logistic, blueprint ...)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

BAM...

Thanks for reading my mind...
Tryed something with foreman, but i'm to lazy to do all mods you did. :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Really great mod! I can't wait for more supported mods. Mainly this mod I use Orbital Ion Cannon it's in the text form at the moment :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

madpav3l wrote:Really great mod! I can't wait for more supported mods. Mainly this mod I use Orbital Ion Cannon it's in the text form at the moment :)
I definitely agree!

I've submitted a pull request on Github to add support for Orbital Ion Cannon. The button graphic is in a slightly different style (C&C style) than the other buttons; I hope this is agreeable. :)

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Supercheese wrote:
madpav3l wrote:Really great mod! I can't wait for more supported mods. Mainly this mod I use Orbital Ion Cannon it's in the text form at the moment :)
I definitely agree!

I've submitted a pull request on Github to add support for Orbital Ion Cannon. The button graphic is in a slightly different style (C&C style) than the other buttons; I hope this is agreeable. :)
Thank you for the effort but unfortunately I cannot accept your pull request. Due to evented appearance of the Ion Cannon Button, it's not enough just to add it to the list. Also due to problems with nested buttons like The Fat Controller, the code structure had to change.
New version is almost ready with the support for Orbital Ion Cannon. Just need some time to test it.

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Roktaal, on github I have posted a issue with the mod, I hope you can have a look at it and help me.
Thanks

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Yes I saw your issue post. I am working on the fix and it should have been ready yesterday but more issues arouse when I was testing. I am still experiencing various errors and bugs so the new version will have to be postponed until I manage to fix them all.
For now do not use this mod as it breaks The Fat Controller
Last edited by Roktaal on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Once installed it can't be removed! If you remove it the icons don't become text, they disappear completely instead! Please fix!
And it might break upgrade planner so the game crashes when you click the icon. Don't know if it's your fault or if it's a genuine upgrade planner bug. Yes, it's an upgrade planner error message, but it might be because mod iconizer messes with its values so it might be useful for you to see.
error message
Factorio 0.12.29
UP 1.1.19
Mod iconizer 1.0.0

Edit: Thanks for quick fixes.
Last edited by Qon on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Thats not game breaking. Generally you only change mods when starting new games. Migration features are a bonus that most modable games dont even support at all, they are not an expectation.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

seronis wrote:Thats not game breaking. Generally you only change mods when starting new games. Migration features are a bonus that most modable games dont even support at all, they are not an expectation.
Not a valid argument, this is factorio and not most other games we are talking about. It breaks functionality in the game, permanently. If something corrupts your savefiles it's pretty bad. I change mods all the time. I have 80 mods installed currently. Not going to restart 100h saves every time I find a new nuisance that requires a little mod. It's completely unpractical to follow your code of conduct if you actually use mods extensivly. Enjoy your game. Please do report bugs.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Its a bug. its just an exceptionally minor bug. Not game breaking. Game breaking would be your save/world gets corrupted or causes a crash during normal play. Changing mods is not something you do constantly during a single session sitting at your computer. Obviously it should be fixed if possible but calling it game breaking is crying wolf.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

This is not OpenTTD -- changing mods mid-game should be allowed and should not trash your save file.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

seronis wrote:Its a bug. its just an exceptionally minor bug. Not game breaking.
Maybe "game breaking" is a bit too much. I wouldn't say it's exceptionally minor though.
seronis wrote: Game breaking would be your save/world gets corrupted
But it did corrupt my save. I can still play it, but I've lost features permanently. The only solution is going back to an earlier save that hasn't been corrupted. But then I lose tens of hours.
seronis wrote:or causes a crash during normal play.
It does crash during normal play. If I press one of the mod iconizer buttons it crashes. Every single time. Intended use crashes the game.
seronis wrote: Changing mods is not something you do constantly during a single session sitting at your computer.
Yes I do. I have 80 mods. Not counting the ones I've tried and disabled. You can't say I don't, you have no idea what you are talking about here.

I've reported a bug. Developers happen to like bug reports. If you don't like it, well I didn't do it for you. Please report bugs and enjoy your game. If you want to continue, use PM. This thread is about the mod and not about my bug report.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Qon wrote:Game breaking bugs!
Once installed it can't be removed! If you remove it the icons don't become text, they disappear completely instead! Please fix!
And it might break upgrade planner so the game crashes when you click the icon. Don't know if it's your fault or if it's a genuine upgrade planner bug. Yes, it's an upgrade planner error message, but it might be because mod iconizer messes with its values so it might be useful for you to see.
error message
Factorio 0.12.29
UP 1.1.19
Mod iconizer 1.0.0
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to make the buttons get back to original state. The only way to fix that is to follow steps 1-4 in OP under Important Notice
Regarding the upgrade planner error you get, it is not caused by Mod Iconizer. Line 46, to which the error points has nothing to do with the buttons therefore this mod is not affecting it in any way.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thanks for the update! Upgrade planner works with Mod Iconizer now. Even if it wasn't your fault, your update still managed to fix the UP crash bug anyways.
Guess I don't have to disable it if it works now. Good job.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Qon wrote:Thanks for the update! Upgrade planner works with Mod Iconizer now. Even if it wasn't your fault, your update still managed to fix the UP crash bug anyways.
Guess I don't have to disable it if it works now. Good job.
If with the updated Mod Iconizer, UP doesn't crash anymore then it was my fault after all. Oh well, glad it's fixed now.
It's great when you fix something without even trying to fix it :D

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Good job with the new version, all is working fine. The user interface is so much nicer without the ugly text icons, this mod goes on my top 10 mod list, thanks again.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Roktaal wrote:
Qon wrote:Game breaking bugs!
error message
Factorio 0.12.29
UP 1.1.19
Mod iconizer 1.0.0
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to make the buttons get back to original state. The only way to fix that is to follow steps 1-4 in OP under Important Notice
Regarding the upgrade planner error you get, it is not caused by Mod Iconizer. Line 46, to which the error points has nothing to do with the buttons therefore this mod is not affecting it in any way.
There is something you can do, creating a uninstaller mod, this one would revert things back before completely removing them

Return to “Mods”