[MOD 0.18] Robot Army. v0.4.4

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Robot Army. 0.1.41 Released!

Post by kyranzor »

stoa wrote:well, i just did that for now, at least i dont have to deal with the wierdness of the bug, and the robots still do great.
probably not when i get to 50% tho.

also deactivated the message when a squad died for this because really, i dont want to hear who of my 500 clockwork robots just died :')
Maybe i'll have a config parameter called "print death messages" that can be turned off from the config file instead of in the control.lua

I am just doing some final testing with myself in multiplayer (against my laptop ;) ) and some cleaning up and then i can release the new version.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Robot Army. 0.1.42 Alien Artifact Collection!

Post by kyranzor »

Okay guys, 0.1.42 released. See first post for info, and change list is here:

Changes from 0.1.41 to 0.1.42 release:
-fixed clockwork riflebot deploy recipe getting disabled when loading a game where it was previously enabled. caused by a script error which should be double-checking/forcing recipes enabled if you have the right techs researched.
-removed some more debugging logs
-made squad wander radius based on the squad default radius config param
-more balance changes to droids, reduced physical and explosive resistance %
-fixed squad joining behaviours, was some residual bugs in that.
-added storage entity called 'army loot chest'. has unique graphic and icon
-added squad artifact gathering - artifacts appear in the 'army loot chest'
-undersized squads that are "finished" (after an attack, lost some dudes) are sent back to nearest droid assembler to wait for reinforcements
-added unique graphic for droid assembler
-added config parameters to allow users to scale the default droid health and damage values.
-added config parameter to determine when a squad that was hunting has fallen below a certain size and should retreat for reinforcements
-added config parameter to turn on/off the "squad x is no more..." death messages.
-put the range for "find nearest enemy" back to 5k tiles. there is a known issue where if no target is found, the entire squad disbands. it's not obvious why, but i can make a work-around later.

See https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... -Gathering for information on how the artifact gathering works.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Wow ... great Update!
Yesterday i think ... it would be cool when the robots collect the alien artifacts ... and today it build in.

Now we need only a "Defend this area" option and i have all i need.

ThorGer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ThorGer »

Error while running the event handler: __robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:425: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

ThorGer wrote:Error while running the event handler: __robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:425: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
Can you explain what happened or what you were doing before this happened?

edit: From looking at the code, can you confirm that you had a loot chest and you had squads out killing and they collected some artifacts but somehow the loot chest was "invalid" (maybe you removed it after placing it?) and caused this error? This seems to happen if you have a loot chest, but then remove it without placing down another one, and then the squads try to gather more artifacts. It's a one-line fix in the squad.lua.

As a fix for now, you can either make sure if you have placed a loot chest before, that you try to always have one from then on. moving the chest should be done as fast as possible, or when there are not likely to be droids running around to trigger this issue.

You can also change the following line in squad.lua, line 397:

"if global.Squads[player.name] and global.lootChests and global.lootChests[player.force.name] then"

to

"if global.Squads[player.name] and global.lootChests and global.lootChests[player.force.name] and global.lootChests[player.force.name].valid then"

ThorGer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ThorGer »

It happens when i set up the Robots automaticly so that they spawn without im doing something. After 5 of them spawned they beginn to walk and then this happens. Could be possible that i removed the Loot Chest.

Edit:
I now have loaded an older save and set the loot chest without removing it afterwards. Works till now

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

ThorGer wrote:It happens when i set up the Robots automaticly so that they spawn without im doing something. After 5 of them spawned they beginn to walk and then this happens. Could be possible that i removed the Loot Chest.
The line of code it points to is when it tries to put items into the loot chest, but only works if a loot chest has been placed at least once, and you get this error when the loot chest is "invalid" which means it has been removed/destroyed somehow, and there is no replacement.

edit:

Okay, awesome. Well i'll put it as a known issue on the wiki, but it's (I hope) an uncommon scenario and can wait for more bugs to be found/next release to be fixed in a new release.

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

We're having issues with the Loot Chest in Multiplayer; namely, if we put one down and then have to move it/remove it for whatever reason, we can't place a new one... It just consumes our resources when we place it and says something along the lines of 'You can only have one Loot Chest'. In short, we can't actually replace the chest we pick up.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Mattyrogue wrote:We're having issues with the Loot Chest in Multiplayer; namely, if we put one down and then have to move it/remove it for whatever reason, we can't place a new one... It just consumes our resources when we place it and says something along the lines of 'You can only have one Loot Chest'. In short, we can't actually replace the chest we pick up.
You have to remove the first one. Then place the new one.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

kyranzor wrote:
Mattyrogue wrote:We're having issues with the Loot Chest in Multiplayer; namely, if we put one down and then have to move it/remove it for whatever reason, we can't place a new one... It just consumes our resources when we place it and says something along the lines of 'You can only have one Loot Chest'. In short, we can't actually replace the chest we pick up.
You have to remove the first one. Then place the new one.
They did remove it. "move it/remove it", clearly states that.
Once removed, they can't place a new one.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Can you confirm for me if you are all on the same force, or if the chest is belonging to an additional/extra/new force?

edit:

Please can you and your multiplayer buddies download the contents of the development branch on github in the link here: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... opment.zip

And replace the contents of the robot army mod with these files.

Then try what you were doing with the loot chest.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

The Army Loot Chest works great ... but not for Bob Mod Alien Artifacts :(
Can you add this too?

They have "Red Alien Artifact" and Small Red Alien Artifact" and some other different colors.
Simply take all with "Alien Artifact" in Name when it is possible.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

DOSorDIE wrote:The Army Loot Chest works great ... but not for Bob Mod Alien Artifacts :(
Can you add this too?

They have "Red Alien Artifact" and Small Red Alien Artifact" and some other different colors.
Simply take all with "Alien Artifact" in Name when it is possible.
Yes I could easily adjust it so anything with 'artifact' is gathered. Good idea. I need to double check the actual item names bobingabout uses

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Robot Army. 0.1.43 Artifact Collection hotfix

Post by DOSorDIE »

And i found that the bots are build really fast ... the recipe is OK but the build time is to low ...
better where 30 sec. instead of 10 ... so we need more Building to construct and it look like a real Bot Production!

And is there a video or something else for the "Droid Activity Module".
I dont understand how i make a squad from different bots (20 Clockwork Riflebot + 4 Rocket Droid as example) :?

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

DOSorDIE wrote:And i found that the bots are build really fast ... the recipe is OK but the build time is to low ...
better where 30 sec. instead of 10 ... so we need more Building to construct and it look like a real Bot Production!

And is there a video or something else for the "Droid Activity Module".
I dont understand how i make a squad from different bots (20 Clockwork Riflebot + 4 Rocket Droid as example) :?
The droid activity module cannot tell what type of droids are active. I might make virtual signals for each one at a later release. Until then, use combinator logic to make a "ratio" system

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

OK ... with combinators a ratio is no problem.
But who i say that i want a squad with 20 ... and when they are gone make a new one with 20?
Maybe a simple picture what to do.

EDIT: they run away when the are 6 ... why?

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

DOSorDIE wrote:OK ... with combinators a ratio is no problem.
But who i say that i want a squad with 20 ... and when they are gone make a new one with 20?
Maybe a simple picture what to do.

EDIT: they run away when the are 6 ... why?
The squad setting for how many are needed to trigger the hunt behaviour is by default 5. If you saw 6 it was because 5 guys started moving but a 6th spawned and was close enough to join them and move with them.

If you want 20 guys in a squad as the default, the only way to do this is to change the parameter I made for you guys in the config.lua file. Change the "squad min size to hunt" from 5 to 20 or whatever you wanted.

I plan on having this number overriden by an in-game combinator that you just set the constant value using slider and that is what your squad size will be.

As for the droids spawning too fast, the spawning is meant to be fast, it is the manufacture time that is slow.. If you want to slow it down, in the config.lua file change the Assembler tick rate parameter. Just read the comments for each parameter..

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Thx ... i had think the combinator make this ... my fault.
I change the config.
And the combinator say only how many bot on the run ... right?

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

DOSorDIE wrote:Thx ... i had think the combinator make this ... my fault.
I change the config.
And the combinator say only how many bot on the run ... right?
Yes the combinator (the droid activity module) outputs a signal called "droid count" you can use this to limit how many you have deployed. I use it on an inserter that inserts droids into assembler and set logic condition to only insert when "droid count < 200" for example

stoa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stoa »

hey there^^

say, is it possible to deactivate it, that the droids turn on you if you hurt them?

because when i'm going with them and use flamethrowers or rockets, its not fun for anyone involved
*edit: its also really nasty with the rocket bots... enemies get close, rocket bots hit eachother, rocket bots proceed to kill eachother. every time :/

Return to “Mods”