IconFix

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

IconFix

Post by Taehl »

Hello all. Starting small here, but this is something I've wanted to fix for a long time. While I'm glad the Factorio team is focused on vastly more important things, there are a few icons which are aging poorly. Some don't look like their modern graphic, and the electric mining drill in particular was always nearly impossible for me to find. These are the all the new icons (except the Steel Chest, which was just brightened a bit for better visibility).

Download from the mod portal

I hope everyone enjoys them!
Last edited by Taehl on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: IconFix

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

Oh no, someone else already had the same idea! I suppose that means I should just give up now, not release the next 19 icons I just made, and put no further effort into this. :P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Well there is no obligation to refrain yourself from posting your work. Just wanted yo bring to your attention that this work had already been done by someone. If you just wanted new icons, there was no need to make more of them.

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

I updated the download, there are 34 graphics now instead of the 9. The equipment-when-it's-in-your-armor graphics are a bit of a rough first pass right now, I'll give them some more thought.

Those other ones were pretty good, but I feel I can do better. Is there already a mod which makes lasers instant and bullets slow, or will I need to make that one?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

There is a mod that makes laser actually shoot laser beams, and not light bullets :). Made by Klonan, non game changing, just a cosmetic thing, but totally awesome :).
[Edit] : viewtopic.php?f=144&t=21459

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

More icons; I've updated the preview picture and download link above.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Are these just better graphics or are they higher resolution? The netbook im limited to playing on right now is extremely memory limited and im avoiding any mods that try to raise the resolution with graphics replacements.

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

These icons are 32x32 - same size, same format as the ones they replace. :)

Totally hear you on the limited hardware thing, I'm in the same boat right now. I'm amazed Factorio runs at all on my Thinkpad X60 - it's below requirements! A year ago, the game wouldn't even load, but now it's playable - incredible progress. Even more so because without an x64 processor, I don't even have 4GB of addressable RAM.

Return to “Mods”