[MOD 0.12.x] Colorblind Ores (1.0.1)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Colorblind Ores (1.0.1)

Post by Gammro »

Name: Colorblind_ores
Description: Changes the color of ores to be more distinguishable to colour-blind players
License: Image
Version: 1.0.1
Release: 2016-03-29
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.29
Download: See below

Long description
Changes the sprites of Iron ore, Copper ore and stone, as well as their map colours to be more distinguishable to colour-blind players.
Pictures
Version history
Additional, Other color pollution
Current issues
- (potential) Made with directions from a red-green colour-blind person, let me know if it doesn't work for you! People who are better at image editing and have a better sprite, let me know!
- Doesn't work with multiplayer without the server and all players requiring it. AFAIK the game does not allow otherwise at this moment.
Attachments
Colorblind_ores_1.0.1.zip
Version 1.0.1
(867.98 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Colorblind_ores_1.0.0.zip
Version 1.0.0
(239.04 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by Gammro on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Ignore this

ritonlajoie
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Colorblind Ores (1.0.0)

Post by ritonlajoie »

Thanks a lot !
That will greatly help me. I can't wait to go home and try this !

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

- Map colours only work on new games and unexplored chunks, have to find out how to update on an existing save.
maybe on all forces do a rechart()?

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

ratchetfreak wrote:
- Map colours only work on new games and unexplored chunks, have to find out how to update on an existing save.
maybe on all forces do a rechart()?
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Updated to 1.0.1 with a migration script that does that.
Ignore this

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Colorblind Ores (1.0.1)

Post by LazyLoneLion »

thanks from me too.

Gwynbleidd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gwynbleidd »

I'm color blind (deuteranomaly) and this looks great to me. It's always frustrating for me trying to figure out which ore patch is copper and which is stone.

aland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aland »

This is great! I'm red-green color-blind, and these are much easier to distinguish!

looney
Inserter
Inserter

Post by looney »

On the subject of colour, can you tweak the hue of oil fields on the map? When zoomed out, I always mistake them for biters at first glance.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

looney wrote:On the subject of colour, can you tweak the hue of oil fields on the map? When zoomed out, I always mistake them for biters at first glance.
This should be possible iirc. I might work on that somewhere this week.
Ignore this

stellatedHex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by stellatedHex »

This thread has been a lifesaver for me, and I want to make a contribution: thicker green and red wires, installed in the same way as the white pollution (as green-wire.png and red-wire.png). The green wire is also much brighter so that it stands out from the background more, and slightly bluer to help distinguish it from the red one for us protanomalous/deuteranomalous folk.
I wanted to make them straight as well, but it turns out that while it LOOKS like the game is just sheering the wire sprite when to get different angles, it's actually cropping and translating it as well. This can be easily seen at max zoom if you pay close attention while moving around one end of a half-placed wire. So I'd have to actually change the way they are rendered if I wanted them to be straight.

And here are the originals in case you realize that your base is now ugly as hell and but you forgot to make backups ;)
stellatedHexahedron wrote:I'm the kind of person who makes Conway's Game of Life in Factorio, but forgets what they are doing halfway through typing their username.

Return to “Mods”