[MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 1.0.1 - Mining With Robots

Topics and discussion about specific mods
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.0.1 - Mining With Robots

Post by StanFear »

Afforess wrote:
At this point, I believe the debate has devolved into semantics. I think the most important fact from the discussion is that the general idea is good but not well-executed. I am going to take another stab at this, rewrite some of the behavior, then we can resume yelling. ;)
ok,
and sorry if I seemed to be agressive in any way, that was not my intention !
Afforess, You just did a awesome Job ! and I love he way your mod works as it is right now, don't change it too much :)

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.0.1 - Mining With Robots

Post by Zaeon »

I went ahead and modified the ... mod so that it no longer uses charged batteries. The mini-drills just use regular batteries. I love this mod, but I can't really tell if it's efficient. Maybe if you have a looooooot of drones.

Mining the mini-drills produces a regular drill, which can then be turned into a mini-drill by applying 10 new batteries.
Attachments
LogisticsMining_0.0.1.zip
My patch replacing charged batteries with regular batteries.
(68.21 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.1.0 - Mining With Robots

Post by Afforess »

Logistics Mining 0.1.0 released.

Version 0.1.0
  • Added Charging Assembling Machine
  • When placing Mining Logistics, the ore area is highlighted in red
  • Radius of Mining Logistics doubled from 25 to 50
  • Some performance improvements
  • Note: All mining logistics have to be picked up and re-placed to continue working.
I'm hoping the Charging Assembling Machine can solve the problem of slow battery charging. Slow battery charging is still in, but the Charging Assembling Machine can supercharge batteries in 1 second as well.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

since 0.1.0 problem with loading : icon for charging assembling machine not found ...

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

with version 0.1.0, I got this error when placing a mining hub
(I'm playing with bobmods, renamed the tech, and corrected the bug from the previous post, other than that, no modifs)

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:326: bad argument #1 to 'find_entity' (string expected, got nil)

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

StanFear wrote:with version 0.1.0, I got this error when placing a mining hub
(I'm playing with bobmods, renamed the tech, and corrected the bug from the previous post, other than that, no modifs)

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:326: bad argument #1 to 'find_entity' (string expected, got nil)
Both issues should be fixed in 0.1.1 ;)

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.1.1 - Mining With Robots

Post by Narc »

Very nice, this is more or less what I was envisioning when I wrote viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16341 (different choices, of course, but the core mechanic of "place a robominer (aka Logistics Mining Hub) and mini-mines get automatically constructed" is there).

Good job as always, Afforess!

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Narc wrote:Very nice, this is more or less what I was envisioning when I wrote viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16341 (different choices, of course, but the core mechanic of "place a robominer (aka Logistics Mining Hub) and mini-mines get automatically constructed" is there).

Good job as always, Afforess!
RoboMiner was the initial name of this mod, too. ;)

I never saw that topic or IRC discussion though. This idea developed naturally out of frustration with creating far-flung mining bases quickly.

Wiloxe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wiloxe »

So as i was playing together with one of my friends we randomly got this following error while working on something else, it has been working great for past 6-8 hours without any issues until now.
If you are unable to view the image here's an direct link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqj3y421pbjiy ... r.PNG?dl=0

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Wiloxe wrote:So as i was playing together with one of my friends we randomly got this following error while working on something else, it has been working great for past 6-8 hours without any issues until now.
If you are unable to view the image here's an direct link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqj3y421pbjiy ... r.PNG?dl=0
I'll take a look, thanks for the bug report

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.1.2 - Mining With Robots

Post by Afforess »

Logistics Mining 0.1.2 released!

I think I'm close to a 1.0.0 non-alpha release. Here are the final things I want to get done before that happens:
  • Add Automation 4 technology
  • Move battery supercharging assembler to Automation 4 tech
  • Ensure that if any mod adds Automation 4 or Logistics Systems 2, that Logistics Mining recipes get re-added to the unlock list
Any other comments or suggestions for this before then?

Ben Vagan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ben Vagan »

I loved this mod so far.

I don't think you could implement anything else besides what you already suggested in the to-do list, but I advice you to wait a bit more for other players to test this out since they could help you polish the full release.

Eitherways, keep up with your great work! :D

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Ben Vagan wrote:I loved this mod so far.

I don't think you could implement anything else besides what you already suggested in the to-do list, but I advice you to wait a bit more for other players to test this out since they could help you polish the full release.

Eitherways, keep up with your great work! :D
Thanks. ;)

I just finished version 0.2.0. I think it has everything I want for a 1.0.0, but I'll give it a week for anyone to spot bugs before I promote it to 1.0.

Version 0.2.0
  • Added automation-4. Automation-4 now unlocks Charging Assembling Machine
  • Charging Assembling Machine requires 4x speed-3 modules instead of 4x efficiency modules
  • Added data-updates.lua. Ensures mods like Dytech are still compatible with Logistics Mining.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.0 - Mining With Robots

Post by Roktaal »

What is the max number of drills that will be placed. If there is no limit (ie. as much as we provide) there should be an option to define max number.
The only thing I don't like with this mod is the constant beeping for missing material for construction. With the limit on number of drills this could be prevented.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Roktaal wrote:What is the max number of drills that will be placed. If there is no limit (ie. as much as we provide) there should be an option to define max number.
The only thing I don't like with this mod is the constant beeping for missing material for construction. With the limit on number of drills this could be prevented.
Yeah, that was annoying me too. I was going to see if there was a way to check if the logistics network had any free logistics drills in the network and only request as many as the network had available.

Wiloxe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wiloxe »

Maybe add a new technology that allows mining drills to last longer would be nice.
Another idea is to make the drill take longer to mine the ore but instead outputs more ores at once (Just to minimize logistic robot usage)

I do have few other ideas that just feels little absurd however i'll keep playing around with it to see if i get any other issues or ideas :)

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Afforess wrote:
Roktaal wrote:What is the max number of drills that will be placed. If there is no limit (ie. as much as we provide) there should be an option to define max number.
Yeah, that was annoying me too. I was going to see if there was a way to check if the logistics network had any free logistics drills in the network and only request as many as the network had available.
Was just going to post this same thing. Really liking the mod, its a lot of fun, but the incessant beeping... :|

I also second the idea of longer mining time but more ore, with a decent number of miners the bots go crazy.

And finally, a story... I added this mod a couple days back but hadn't gotten around to crafting it. Thought it'd be fun to try it out, so I made 5 chargers, hooked em up temporarily and fed them batteries. Exactly 10 seconds later the red alert mod is going off with power failed warnings (my accumulator capacity isn't very high yet, but still...). I guess 5 chargers is a little much.. Crazy. So I grabbed 100 new engines and 140 boilers and doubled my power. And now I'm running out of coal and the natives are getting restless... Oh well..
Last edited by NoriSilverrage on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

@NoriSilverrage: Construct Additional Pylons! :D

Version 0.2.1 released! Mining Logistics Hubs no longer request more logistics drills than your network has. Existing outstanding extra requests won't go away though, so it may take a few minutes before the annoying beeping stops completely. ;)

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Afforess wrote:@NoriSilverrage: Construct Additional Pylons! :D

Version 0.2.1 released! Mining Logistics Hubs no longer request more logistics drills than your network has. Existing outstanding extra requests won't go away though, so it may take a few minutes before the annoying beeping stops completely. ;)
Oh? How would more pylons help? More bots? My limiter is actually the charged batteries. I have 3 chargers running non-stop and one mk 3 assembler making the drill and they can't keep up. And of course 3 chargers takes insane amounts of power (my 210 steam engines are polluting like crazy trying to keepup). I gotta get the nuclear power plant up and running (solar is too reliable).

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

NoriSilverrage wrote:
Afforess wrote:@NoriSilverrage: Construct Additional Pylons! :D

Oh? How would more pylons help? More bots? My limiter is actually the charged batteries. I have 3 chargers running non-stop and one mk 3 assembler making the drill and they can't keep up. And of course 3 chargers takes insane amounts of power (my 210 steam engines are polluting like crazy trying to keepup). I gotta get the nuclear power plant up and running (solar is too reliable).
Pylons are a starcraft reference.

Anyway, I am thinking of re-balancing the logistics mining drill, making them a little bit slower, last a bit longer, and add an additional tier upgrade where the charge lasts even longer, because the power-requirements are quite high.

Return to “Mods”