[MOD 0.14] General Improvements 0.4.4 - More of late game

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] General Improvements 0.4.4 - More of late game

Post by jouki »

TheBlackPumpkin wrote:Hey there, I downloaded your mod recently and noticed that the Thermosolar panels are only producing 300kw of energy, and the in-game mod version is only showing as 4.0. Do I have to install it from the site to get the most updated version?
Hello, I suppose you downloaded 0.13 version of mod. If you want latest version you gotta download mod for 0.14 (factorio) version. In other words 0.4.0 is the latest version for 0.13.x factorio and 0.4.4 is for 0.14.x factorio version. There is incompatibility between these versions.

If you want 0.14.x version of factorio go to steam and turn on the latest beta build (If I'm not wrong it should be in 'properties' >> 'Betas')

Hope I helped :)

TheBlackPumpkin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheBlackPumpkin »

jouki wrote:
TheBlackPumpkin wrote:Hey there, I downloaded your mod recently and noticed that the Thermosolar panels are only producing 300kw of energy, and the in-game mod version is only showing as 4.0. Do I have to install it from the site to get the most updated version?
Hello, I suppose you downloaded 0.13 version of mod. If you want latest version you gotta download mod for 0.14 (factorio) version. In other words 0.4.0 is the latest version for 0.13.x factorio and 0.4.4 is for 0.14.x factorio version. There is incompatibility between these versions.

If you want 0.14.x version of factorio go to steam and turn on the latest beta build (If I'm not wrong it should be in 'properties' >> 'Betas')

Ah ok, I had a feeling that was it. With most games I don't bother with the Beta build because it is by definition unstable, is that common with Factorio? Or is it generally fairly stable?

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

TheBlackPumpkin wrote:
jouki wrote:

Ah ok, I had a feeling that was it. With most games I don't bother with the Beta build because it is by definition unstable, is that common with Factorio? Or is it generally fairly stable?
I think you can use their beta ;). Factorio betas are pretty stable

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

Just noticed a problem that prevents further research.

Advance Capacity of Lab gives us science pack 5, but does not add the slot to the labs.

Now, in my case, it might have something to do with using the Research Revolution mod, which I've installed to give me a feeling for what is coming in 15. Still, you may want to look into this, because it is going to be an issue as things stand, once 15 is released.

Great work on the mod. I was using it with no problems before I added the RR mod.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Zentriffic wrote:Just noticed a problem that prevents further research.

Advance Capacity of Lab gives us science pack 5, but does not add the slot to the labs.

Now, in my case, it might have something to do with using the Research Revolution mod, which I've installed to give me a feeling for what is coming in 15. Still, you may want to look into this, because it is going to be an issue as things stand, once 15 is released.

Great work on the mod. I was using it with no problems before I added the RR mod.
Hello, well the trick is the research is actually giving only the option create science pack 5. Laboratories got fifth slot from the start and as you say there's gonna be some kind of collision between these two mods (the second mod probably modifies the laboratory as well as my mod). I'm not sure-- or to be exact I'm not convinced if I should adjust the mod for coming 0.15. I'm worried no one would appreciate it (because idk if there are a players playing with the mod) and I would like to avoid to do unnecessary work.

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

jouki wrote:Hello, well the trick is the research is actually giving only the option create science pack 5. Laboratories got fifth slot from the start and as you say there's gonna be some kind of collision between these two mods (the second mod probably modifies the laboratory as well as my mod). I'm not sure-- or to be exact I'm not convinced if I should adjust the mod for coming 0.15. I'm worried no one would appreciate it (because idk if there are a players playing with the mod) and I would like to avoid to do unnecessary work.
Well, it seems someone is using it since I came here to notify you of the problem.
Science Pack 5s are necessary to do a good portion of the research towards late mid game to end game and there is no place for them to go in the lab. So, I made them then found I couldn't use them.

To me, there's no unnecessary coding in this. In fact, it's very necessary, unless you're not going to port it to 0.15 once it comes out. I find I enjoy mods like yours. The big mods are just too much. Angel's and Bob's get way too crazy with all the added things. I like to add mods specifically to my liking. This is to my liking.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Zentriffic wrote:
jouki wrote:Hello, well the trick is the research is actually giving only the option create science pack 5. Laboratories got fifth slot from the start and as you say there's gonna be some kind of collision between these two mods (the second mod probably modifies the laboratory as well as my mod). I'm not sure-- or to be exact I'm not convinced if I should adjust the mod for coming 0.15. I'm worried no one would appreciate it (because idk if there are a players playing with the mod) and I would like to avoid to do unnecessary work.
Well, it seems someone is using it since I came here to notify you of the problem.
Science Pack 5s are necessary to do a good portion of the research towards late mid game to end game and there is no place for them to go in the lab. So, I made them then found I couldn't use them.

To me, there's no unnecessary coding in this. In fact, it's very necessary, unless you're not going to port it to 0.15 once it comes out. I find I enjoy mods like yours. The big mods are just too much. Angel's and Bob's get way too crazy with all the added things. I like to add mods specifically to my liking. This is to my liking.
well, since the collision is in original laboratory I cannot do much with it. I was thinking about port to 0.15 and I will see if it will be possible for me easily adjust the mod for the new version. there might won't be SP5 anymore because if I'm not wrong there will be 5 types of science pack in 0.15. In that case if the packs will be hard enough to make there won't be a reason to create a new science pack.

Additionaly I would have to fix all the problems in my dev version before I start make a 0.15 version and it'll be pretty hard since the last change was summer last year :lol:

anyway keep in touch, I will make an announce if there will be a 0.15 update

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

jouki wrote: well, since the collision is in original laboratory I cannot do much with it. I was thinking about port to 0.15 and I will see if it will be possible for me easily adjust the mod for the new version. there might won't be SP5 anymore because if I'm not wrong there will be 5 types of science pack in 0.15. In that case if the packs will be hard enough to make there won't be a reason to create a new science pack.

Additionaly I would have to fix all the problems in my dev version before I start make a 0.15 version and it'll be pretty hard since the last change was summer last year :lol:

anyway keep in touch, I will make an announce if there will be a 0.15 update
The new science pack requirements above 1, 2, and 3 are nasty. pumpjacks, assemblers, and such needed. So, you need to make hundreds of the items. No so bad when you can replicate the parts to make them, but still... ugh.

I'd make the corrections myself, if I could follow how things are interconnected. My attempts so far have been fruitless. It's easy to figure out where to put graphics. It's easy to find where the tech and recipes go (heck, I've modded some of those for my purposes). What I have not yet managed is to get a new recipe into the mod. I wish there were a flowchart showing how things interconnect.

If I can help, let me know. Happy to beta test updates you make.

ravenwollff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ravenwollff »

i cant seem to find some of the mod listings in the crafting menu. i can code them in, but cant craft them. please help. ty

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

ravenwollff wrote:i cant seem to find some of the mod listings in the crafting menu. i can code them in, but cant craft them. please help. ty
Hello, well I'm not sure if there's any recipe reachable since the start without research. Look at the research screen if there's some new researches ;) If not we will look where's the problem.

Stewie533
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stewie533 »

jouki wrote:
zetto wrote:Sorry, it kinda mess up with other mod (logistic mining) so it doesnt appear. After i disable that mod that accumulator appear.

thanks for helping.
it's probably because other mods can use the same id-name for technology such as mine. It's been a time that I work with mod but I can try to fix that. Which mod is causing conflict? I'll try to take a look if the mod has the research with same name.
Good day,
My mate and me ran into the same problem today. I know this is quite a while ago. But it seems the problem is with 'bobsplates'
See screenshot of the research you mentioned :

-Stewie

EDIT : We renamed the research in
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\gimprovements_0.4.4.zip\gimprovements_0.4.4\prototypes\technology.lua
from "battery-2" to "battery-21"
This fixed the problem and we can now research and build the accumulator.
Last edited by Stewie533 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Stewie533 wrote: Good day,
My mate and me ran into the same problem today. I know this is quite a while ago. But it seems the problem is with 'bobsplates'
-Stewie
Hello, thank you for the screenshot, alright I will try to fix it for factorio 0.15 but no promises - let's say it's been a time since I was modding ;)
Last edited by jouki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stewie533
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stewie533 »

jouki wrote:
Stewie533 wrote: Good day,
-Stewie
Hello, thank you for the screenshot, alright I will try to fix it for factorio 0.15
Thanks for the fast reply. I absolutely did not expect that.
Thank you for the awesome mod as well.

I made an edit to show the workaround for other people.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Stewie533 wrote:
jouki wrote: Hello, thank you for the screenshot, alright I will try to fix it for factorio 0.15

well you can post it. It would also help to implement it ;)

and thank you that you appreciate the mod :)

Stewie533
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stewie533 »

jouki wrote:
Stewie533 wrote:
jouki wrote: Hello, thank you for the screenshot, alright I will try to fix it for factorio 0.15

well you can post it. It would also help to implement it ;)

and thank you that you appreciate the mod :)
I would if I knew how. Unfortunately, I do not.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Stewie533 wrote: I would if I knew how. Unfortunately, I do not.
Pack it with rar of zip (or whatever format, I can unzip most of them) - the most easiest way is right-click on folder that you would like to zip and if you you winrar (or 7zip) there should be an option "add this folder in to [folder.rar]". It automatically creates a .rar/.zip without any asking on some options. (The zip will be in the same folder as the packed folder)
And then you can use Mega It's free and even should be accountless for upload but I'm not sure.
Or Mediafire where the account is needed for upload but I think it's not a problem today. (free of course)

Do not take it bad if I'm describing something that you know I'm just trying to avoid of any problem that could came up with a process. ;)

Stewie533
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stewie533 »

jouki wrote:
Stewie533 wrote: I would if I knew how. Unfortunately, I do not.
Pack it with rar of zip (or whatever format, I can unzip most of them) - the most easiest way is right-click on folder that you would like to zip and if you you winrar (or 7zip) there should be an option "add this folder in to [folder.rar]". It automatically creates a .rar/.zip without any asking on some options. (The zip will be in the same folder as the packed folder)
And then you can use Mega It's free and even should be accountless for upload but I'm not sure.
Or Mediafire where the account is needed for upload but I think it's not a problem today. (free of course)

Do not take it bad if I'm describing something that you know I'm just trying to avoid of any problem that could came up with a process. ;)

This is the mods zip file as I have it in my user files :
https://mega.nz/#!0HYhzChb!_cwEO3E1u1il ... zaoOIc34Y4

Metamorpher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metamorpher »

Just came here to write, I can't wait until you make your mod compatible with new Factorio version 0.15. and of course it's very nice mod!
<[Immortality is a Form of Live over Death]>

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Metamorpher wrote:Just came here to write, I can't wait until you make your mod compatible with new Factorio version 0.15. and of course it's very nice mod!
Hello, thank you for your feedback. The situation right now is It won't be soon (next days) because I have a tons of work in college these days. Another thing is that the most of things in mod is added in 0.15 so basically there's not many reasons to continue with actual content of mod, but don't worry it doesn't mean I already decided I won't continue or things like that. I just have to think about a new content after the college exams. Once again thank you for your support It keeps me convinced that I should update the mod :)

Mezmerro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mezmerro »

Well, I made a 0.15 fork of this mod for a personal use, but it's a cut version, only with things I use - basically only turrets, armor, electricity and buggy. I added some 0.15-based sprites for some stuff and threw away logistic stuff, module rebalance and some obsolete armor modules. Can I drop it on the mod portal if I mention it's really 99% your work? Your license if too long to read, especially for non-native English (or even Germanic) speaker like me.

Return to “Mods”