[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] ExtraChests v0.1.5 (ShinyBob_v0.13.4)

Post by qjm123 »

Thanks a lot for that Inequalitix, much appreciate for that. I think now I know why I was unable to upload mine, the size of the file, thanks to you now I've got my pics compressed and hopefully I'll be able to upload it myself once I'm done with the update. I'll be realising an last update for 0.13 and then a new one for 0.14, there is some work to be done there as Bob had made few changes that requires my attention. Unfortunately I won't to do any work until I get back home this weekend, meaning until Tuesday next week I don't think I'll be posting anything, sorry about that guys.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

uuuh, sounds nice with updates incoming, can´t wait! :D

Even better, that your upload problem is fixed now.

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

qjm123 wrote:Thanks a lot for that Inequalitix, much appreciate for that. I think now I know why I was unable to upload mine, the size of the file, thanks to you now I've got my pics compressed and hopefully I'll be able to upload it myself once I'm done with the update. I'll be realising an last update for 0.13 and then a new one for 0.14, there is some work to be done there as Bob had made few changes that requires my attention. Unfortunately I won't to do any work until I get back home this weekend, meaning until Tuesday next week I don't think I'll be posting anything, sorry about that guys.
It's unlikely this is the cause. YuokiTani's Engines addon is over 100 megabytes, and they update promptly.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

I really don't know what is going on here with the upload of the file in the forum. I gave up, two hours to upload two files and nothing, when to Dropbox and job done, not sure if it is chrome or what but for now it will have to be like that, sorry guys.

The last update for 0.13 is out, it should fix few things around as my new main update, Roboports!!! Here a look of what I've changed:

Update for Factorio 0.14 is out too, few fixes to make it compatible with 0.14 but there is a lot that I need to update as Bob has changed recipes icons as plates and other things that I need to make sure will work if some Bob's mods are not present, please feedback would be appreciated as usual as I can't check all possible options. I will wait until Bob's update once more his mods as I am sure he will, my next update won't come out probably till end of month.

0.13 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnddg1emcz0vi ... 5.zip?dl=1
0.14 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/k48uyl4t5h6xh ... 0.zip?dl=1

Have fun :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote:Update for Factorio 0.14 is out too
I haven't had a chance to check the latest version but keep in mind bob has changed the name of some items. (cargo-wagons, locos, tanks for sure).

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

P.S Those roboports are hot :)

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Thanks Nexela for the warning, I've updated my mod with fixes up to today, anything else that will come out from tonight up till the end of month may break my mod though, that's all. My advice would be to wait in 0.13.20 till 0.14 is stable and all mods updated then move to 0.14

At least, that's what I'm doing as I'm not too sure about those new Bob's recipes with sulfur and oil! Well, wait and see

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.5 & v0.14.0

Post by Nexela »

Also the bug with extra chests = false is still present, fix below

Technology-updates.lua lines 1-3

Code: Select all

if data.raw.technology["titanium-processing"] and extra_chests_titanium_tungsten then  table.insert(data.raw.technology["titanium-processing"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "titanium-chest"}) end
if data.raw.technology["tungsten-processing"] and extra_chests_titanium_tungsten then  table.insert(data.raw.technology["tungsten-processing"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "tungsten-chest"}) end
if data.raw.technology["logistic-chests-bigger1"] and extra_chests_titanium_tungsten then table.insert(data.raw.technology["logistic-chests-bigger1"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "logistic-chest-titanium-storage"}) end
Last edited by Nexela on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also missing category

{
			type = "item-subgroup",
			name = "addon-cars-tanks",
			group = "logistics",
			order = "e-2",
		},

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi Nexela, thanks for pointing out the first issue with the titanium and tungsten chests been off in config.lua, triggering a error while loading Factorio. I never saw it as I never turned it off :D I will fix it with next update 0.14.1.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with the second one? What is wrong with that missing category? I don't see it missing in my files so far, category.lua line 88 in both version, 0.13.5 and 0.14.0,, thanks again for taking time to help out. :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

FYI, got this error using the latest 0.14 release posted above and latest bobs
Attachments
mod-list.json
(4 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

TheSAguy wrote:FYI, got this error using the latest 0.14 release posted above and latest bobs
Sorry about that, let see, could you try to change line 402 in prototypes/addon-functions.lua that right now should look like this

if change ~= "" and change  ~= nil then	
for this one instead

if data.raw["splitter"][item] and change ~= "" and change  ~= nil then	
This should solve your problem, adding this to update 0.14.1 and this one coming out soon as there is already two mistakes that need to get fixed. Thanks again TheSAguy.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote: I am not sure I understand what you mean with the second one? What is wrong with that missing category? I don't see it missing in my files so far, category.lua line 88 in both version, 0.13.5 and 0.14.0,, thanks again for taking time to help out. :)
Well that is weird. I will chalk it up to a merge error :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also if you are interested here are some additional tweaks for mods. Just drop them in at the bottom of your other-mods section in data-updates.lua

--Angels Ores Plates pulver and block, thermal-water
addon_subgroup_order("item","thermal-water-barrel","bob-barrel","f2")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "angelsore3-crushed-smelting", "bob-material", "aaa1")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "copper-plate-processed", "bob-material", "aaa2")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "copper-plate-ingot", "bob-material", "aaa3")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "angelsore1-crushed-smelting", "bob-material", "aab1")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "iron-plate-processed", "bob-material", "aab2")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "iron-plate-ingot", "bob-material", "aab3")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "concrete-brick", "bio-processing")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "concrete-pulver", "bio-processing")
addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "concrete-from-pulver", "bio-processing")

--Flow control
-- change express pump speed if bobs-pump-2 present
-- default pump speed is 2.5 and only requires steel
-- if data.raw.item["express-pump"] and data.raw.item["small-pump-2"] then
-- 	data.raw["pump"]["express-pump"].pumping_speed = 1
-- end
addon_subgroup_order("item", "express-pump","addon-water-pump-jacks" ,"g2")
addon_subgroup_order("item","check-valve","bob-storage","j")
addon_subgroup_order("item","overflow-valve","bob-storage","k")

if not data.raw.item["copper-pipe-straight"] then
	addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-straight", "pipe-straight", "a")
	addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-junction", "pipe-straight", "b")
	addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-elbow", "pipe-straight", "c")
end

-- If color coding and more floors present move most floors to color-coding tab)
if data.raw["item-subgroup"]["color-concrete"] and data.raw["item"]["hexagonb"] then
	local terrain = {
		"wood-floor", "smooth-concrete", "reinforced-concrete", "diamond-plate", "rusty-metal", "rusty-grate",
		"arrow-grate", "green_grass", "sand_light", "gravel", "circuit-floor", "asphalt", "lava", "snow",
		"alien-metal",  "metal-scraps", "hexagonb", "hazard-concrete", "fire-hazard-concrete"
	}
	for _, name in pairs(terrain) do
		addon_subgroup_order("item", name ,"color-concrete", "d-[more-floors-"..name.. "]")
	end
	addon_subgroup_order("recipe", "hazard-concrete" ,"color-concrete", "d-[more-floors-hazard-concrete]")
else
	--Color Coding -- Move fire hazard if more floors is not present.
	addon_subgroup_order("item", "fire-hazard-concrete", "bob-material", "aaf2")
end

--Warehousing present -- To use these 4 new categories need to be defined. 
-- Categories put in category.lua in the logistics section
-- {type = "item-subgroup", name = "logistic-network-storage",	group = "logistics", order = "f-1"},
-- {type = "item-subgroup", name = "logistic-network-passive", group = "logistics", order = "f-2"},
-- {type = "item-subgroup", name = "logistic-network-active", group = "logistics", order = "f-3"},
-- {type = "item-subgroup", name = "logistic-network-requester", group = "logistics", order = "f-4",},

-- if data.raw.item["warehouse-storage"] or data.raw.item["storehouse-storage"] then
-- 	local chests = {
-- 		storage = {
	-- 		"logistic-chest-storage", "logistic-chest-storage-2", "logistic-chest-titanium-storage", 
	-- 		"logistic-chest-tungsten-storage",	"storehouse-storage", "warehouse-storage",
	-- 	},
	-- 	passive = {
	-- 		"logistic-chest-passive-provider", "logistic-chest-passive-provider-2",	"storehouse-passive-provider",
	-- 		"warehouse-passive-provider",
	-- 	},
	-- 	active = {
	-- 		"logistic-chest-active-provider", 	"logistic-chest-active-provider-2",	"storehouse-active-provider",
	-- 		"warehouse-active-provider",
	-- 	},
	-- 	requester = {
	-- 		"logistic-chest-requester",	"logistic-chest-requester-2",	"storehouse-requester",	"warehouse-requester",
	-- 	}
	-- }
-- 
-- 	for type, group in pairs(chests) do
-- 		for i, name in ipairs(group) do
-- 			addon_subgroup_order("item", name, "logistic-network-"..type, i.."-["..type.."]["..name .."]")
-- 		end
-- 	end
-- end

--Hide items that should be hidden!
local lamp = data.raw.item["concrete-lamp"]
if lamp and not lamp.flags["hidden"] then lamp.flags[#lamp.flags + 1] = "hidden" end
local uranium = data.raw.item["nuclear-fission-reactor-chest-9"]
if uranium then
	local items = {
		"nuclear-fission-reactor-chest-9",
		"nuclear-fission-reactor-chest-25",
		"turbine-generator-cold-leg-box",
		"turbine-generator-feed-water-box",
		"turbine-generator-low-p-steam-box-01",
		"turbine-generator-low-p-steam-box-02",
		"turbine-generator-low-p-steam-box-03",
		"turbine-generator-low-p-steam-box-04",
		"steam-generator-01-cold-input",
		"reactor-pipe-bus-vert",
		"reactor-pipe-bus-horiz",
		"fission-reactor-fuel",
	}
	for _, name in pairs(items) do
		if data.raw.item[name] and not data.raw.item[name].flags["hidden"] then
			data.raw.item[name].flags[#data.raw.item[name].flags + 1] = "hidden"
		end
	end
end

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

This is amazing. This was my biggest complaint about Bob's. Thank you.

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

Would it be possible for me to handle Mod Portal distribution? I'm unsure as to whether or not that's approved by you.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi Inequalitix, yes, please do so as I'm tired to try to upload them in there, if you don't mind, I'm happy that you upload them, thanks again.

Nexela, I'll have a look at your code, but if there isn't anything that goes directly against my main purpose, yellow, red, blue, purple and green code, all good to add it in next update. I'm already working trying to include the new recipes from Bob's base or Bob's revamp mod.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote:Hi Inequalitix, yes, please do so as I'm tired to try to upload them in there, if you don't mind, I'm happy that you upload them, thanks again.

Nexela, I'll have a look at your code, but if there isn't anything that goes directly against my main purpose, yellow, red, blue, purple and green code, all good to add it in next update. I'm already working trying to include the new recipes from Bob's base or Bob's revamp mod.
The biggest issue will be weird placement if someone turns off the bobs sorting stuff but leaves on the other mod sorting but nobody does that right :)

Nothing that goes against the main theme of the mod

Angels ores:
Just moves the additional (base) plate recipes to be next to the new location for (base) plates
The pulver/bricks are because of missing subgroup on recipe

Flow Control:
Moves the pump valves and straight pipes to be with all of bobs pipes
If bobs-pump-2 is present then nerf express-pump to be in line with all the rest of the pumps --(need to uncomment if you want to use this)

Color Coding and More Floors:
Both add lots of floors, if More floors is not present move fire concrete to be with hazard concrete otherwise move all additional floors to color coding

Warehousing:
Need to un comment and add categories if you want to use but just adds a subgroup row for each available type organized by size

Hide Stuff:
Hides item / recipe icons that should be hidden (i.e. not buildable or attached to scripts)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

And more changes

Add these to other_mods_graphics section

addon_change_icon("fluid","superheated-steam","__ShinyBob__/graphics/icons/othermods/superheated-steam.png")
addon_change_icon("fluid","low-pressure-steam","__ShinyBob__/graphics/icons/othermods/low-pressure-steam.png")
--Orignal icons from uranium power modified to remove black background
And the graphics:
graphics.zip
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Minor changes for Flow control

--Category, place in bobs-logistics section of category.lua
{type = "item-subgroup", name = "flow-control-1", group = "bob-logistics", order = "d-a-3"}

if not data.raw.item["pipe-copper-straight"] then -- fixed name
   addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-straight", "pipe-straight", "a")
   addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-junction", "pipe-straight", "b")
   addon_subgroup_order("item", "pipe-elbow", "pipe-straight", "c")
end

Return to “Mods”