[MOD 0.14] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.0

Post by NearlyDutch »

Yes I did. Whenever you drop the eyedropper in your inventory using the shortcut or by placing it manually in it. It will be removed from your inventory and the GUI will be reset.

But good thing you said something, I do need to handle the case when you control click it into a chest using control-click. Forgot about that one, last night.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.2.1

Post by StanFear »

NearlyDutch wrote:Sounds like exactly the solution needed, Stan. Looking forward to that release. Do you make heavy use of the on_tick event? Because those UPS are rare and sacred :D

well, the on_tick is not the most CPU intensive function in my mod,
the one that take a lot of time (when the selection area is big) is the one that creates entity in the area to highlight the area ...
when selecting an area, with min zoom, I got to 14.xxx in the detailed view for the mod (I even went to 38.xxx when at zoom level 0.290 with a selection area of the whole screen), I'm working on a way to make the highlight operation less performance heavy

but first, due to the way I manage to know if the player has the mouse button on or off, it (for now) only works when the player is at a zoom level of 1 and this is a more important bug to fix !

a little preview !
selection.png
selection.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 7585 times
(if you want to help, I can send you the utility in its current form, just ask :) )

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.0

Post by NearlyDutch »

Yeah, I'd be happy to take a lot at it. 4 eyes see more than 2 and all that :)

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.1

Post by NearlyDutch »

New release fixes some issues I had with the way the selection tool worked and was handled in specific situations. Instead of the item you got when clicking on the eyedropper tool button, now you'll be able to select the entities to configure by simply using the filtered deconstruction planner you are using for everything else, already. This change should also have a slight improvement in performance of the mod.

While at it, I also reworked the GUI system to be event based like in most software systems and refactored the codebase for better future maintenance and understanding by people who want to look at the code for their own purposes.

Download v0.3.1

jhyatt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jhyatt »

Love the MOD but it disables the ability to filter toolbars. with this MOD running you cant ctrl click the toolbar and assign specific items.

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NearlyDutch »

Could you elaborate on that a bit more? I checked and I could still assign filters in my toolbar in both ways (via selection menu and by clicking on an item to assign), but for me the it's a middle-mouse-button click to assign the filter and a ctrl + middle-mouse-button click to clear it. Simply ctrl-clicking will shift all items in the slot you ctrl-click on into your main inventory and keep the filter if one is set.

jhyatt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jhyatt »

ok when i middle mouse butt,the only thing that happens is i get a magnifying glass and cant set the filter. when i ctrl middle mouse i get the same thing.

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NearlyDutch »

I'm sorry, I really don't get what you are trying to describe. Maybe you could upload some screenshots? Also, some additional information would be nice, like your operating system, your Factorio version and other mods you've installed. In any case, thanks for the feedback :)

jhyatt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jhyatt »

Sorry for the delay i figured it out. My OS had my middle mouse button set to magnify so it would not work in game.

Thanks

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.2

Post by NearlyDutch »

No problem, always happy to help.

On a different note, version 0.3.2 fixes an issue that can occur when moving a save file with the mod enabled to a different game instance. The new player gets properly initialized now. (Download)

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

some players when joining mid game of a multiplayer game have no icon showing up they can construct the planner tool but cannot see the gui on screen when other players in the game can... is there a way to force the GUI to reload in game for these players?

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NearlyDutch »

I'll look into releasing a fix as soon as possible, probably sometime this night or early tomorrow (UTC+1). For now, this command should (re)-initialize the GUI for all players, so it should be sufficient for a single player to issue the command:

Code: Select all

/c game.raise_event(defines.events.on_research_finished, { research = game.local_player.force.technologies["automated-construction"] })

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.3

Post by NearlyDutch »

Just published Version 0.3.3, which fixes the bug that bruteman described. The GUI button on top of players joining a multiplayer game after the force they joined had already researched "automated construction" did not get initialized.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.3

Post by apriori »

Good mod, thanks.
Russian locale for v0.3.3
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.3.4

Post by NearlyDutch »

Thanks, I added your locale (and a German one) in the new update, as well as fixing a small issue with the GUI being initialized in the beginning of a new game. Download v0.3.4

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.4.0

Post by NearlyDutch »

New in v0.4.0 is the "Cut-Button". Click on the button with a blueprint in hand and it will cut entities from the blueprint according to the configured entities and selected mode. Target mode will cut the configured entities out of the blueprint and exclude mode will cut all entities that are not configured out of the blueprint.

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] Filtered Deconstruction Planner 0.4.1

Post by NearlyDutch »

Fixed crash when clicking on the cut-button with anything other than a blueprint.

Download v0.4.1

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

So discovered what i thought was a Vanilla bug turns out its this mod that is causing the problems.

Multiplayer only one player can have any type of the deconstruction planner in their hand if more then one player is holding or trying to select it prevents all other players in the game from being able to use the tool at all. we just confirmed this morning multiple players can use the deconstruction planner in vanilla but soon as we add this mod it prevents players from using it at the same time.

I am looking through the code you have to see where this may be happening but I am sure you will probably find it before me :)

Yea not gonna happen here I am basic with Lua and i see you trying to do a lot of conditions for multiplayer so your saving filters etc for each player not sure where but something is going wrong in there.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

The problem is that there is no way to tell which player used what item to mark entities for deconstruction. So there is no way to decide what to do (e.g. the entity could need to be removed, unmarked for deconstruction or it could come from ModuleInserter who wants to insert modules in an inventory)

One thing that may work is to use the player who is closest to the marked entities.

Return to “Mods”